Page 147 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2250

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Excalibur is ALREADY coming back... albeit temporarily. X-Men Gold Annual, out in January. Half the Gold team are from Excalibur.
    But wouldn't an Excalibur ongoing be just absolutely grand? Haha. Either way, can't wait to see what Zub is up to next. I have a feeling UA will relaunch, but not sure if he'll be attached as the writer.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Do the Avengers really have an official governing body, though? Most of the teams are broke or barely scraping by, Tony is MIA, Thor's off world and Cap's a hard traveling hero
    No. That stopped after Disassembled. During the Initiative and Dark Reign eras, there were multiple factions. At first it was Iron Man's government sanctioned Mighty Avengers and the anti-registration New Avengers (Spider-Woman was a mole for both, since of course, she was a skrull and not the real Jessica Drew). Secret Invasion led to the Mighty Avengers breaking up. The name was taken on by Hank Pym's exiled team, while the new official team was the Dark Avengers. The Mighty team was the only one with a founder in that period (Odinson, Steve and Wasp were all dead, Iron Man was a fugitive in Dark Reign) and was also the one Jarvis was with. The Heroic Age and Hickman teams worked with SHIELD (Steve was director in Heroic Age), and the ANAD teams are all self-governed (Sunspot's team lacked a founding Avenger, and was so distrusted SHIELD planted two spies in the squad) - Waid's team was set up by Iron Man and the Unity Squad by an aged (but not Hydra!) Steve.

The New/U.S. Avengers had no shortage of finances, since Sunspot is a billionaire. The Unity Squad had exhausted Deadpool and Wonder Man's bank accounts, so presumably Wasp is funding them (you would imagine Johnny would now take over that though). The Waid team doesn't even pay wages - that's why the three Champions kids were signed up, nobody wanted to join without pay except Sam, Vision, and the new Thor, who all have other income sources. Spider-Man took over funding when he joined, and after Parker Industries collapsed, the new HQ seems to be that of Nadia's G.I.R.L., so it seems Janet is funding that team as well (as a favour to Nadia) despite not being on the roster.

Human Torch can be see with Thing in Moon Girl #25. They are supposed to be forming a Fantastic Three with Moon Girl. Does that mean he won't be with the Avengers anymore?

No, and neither does the Marvel Two-In-One book. Johnny's with the Avengers at least until No Surrender ends in April.

I found a preview for Uncanny Avengers #30 on Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&...2330%20preview

Wanda breaks up with Simon. I'm okay with that. Rick Remender putting them together seemed like a rehash, and I want the characters to move forward.

Presumably that came from here. Next time CBR and AIPT don't post them, check Previews World.
    https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/Prevue/OCT170893

Uncanny Avengers #30 comes out tomorrow. The artist has tweeted this:

Sean Izaakse‏
    @SeanIzaakse
    3h3 hours ago
    More
    All the drama out tomorrow. Uncanny Avengers #30. Start your sobbing.

DRaKd8UWAAAlkK1.jpg

I was very pleased by Uncanny Avengers #30. I think the last five issues were the best out of the 60 issues of the series. I hope this title gets relaunched after No Surrender with its legacy number.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Human Torch can be see with Thing in Moon Girl #25. They are supposed to be forming a Fantastic Three with Moon Girl. Does that mean he won't be with the Avengers anymore?
    He still could, heroes have been on more than one team before. Though if he goes who should take his spot as the teams Elementalist.

Really nice ending to the series. Wish it could stay after No Surrender.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

If it is the end will miss this title probably the best team comic have had the pleasure of reading in the last years. At a time when heroes just wanted to tear each other's heads off this comic was the exception to the rule.

A pity that has also never reached the proposal that was created to unite the heroes or improve the relationships between mutants, inhumans, heroes and humans or maybe this reflects the world today but I am grateful to Gerry Duggan and the whole team .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Really nice ending to the series. Wish it could stay after No Surrender.
    I think it's just going to be one Avengers team, post-No Surrender. But if there were to be another team, it should be Uncanny.

Throughout its run, from Remender to Duggan to Zub, it's been my favorite Avengers title. And Zub capped the series off in great style. Loved this final issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I think it's just going to be one Avengers team, post-No Surrender. But if there were to be another team, it should be Uncanny.

Throughout its run, from Remender to Duggan to Zub, it's been my favorite Avengers title. And Zub capped the series off in great style. Loved this final issue.
    I'm usually not an Avenger guy, but I loved this book which shows how good it is. It's sad that it's gone, but at least it ended well.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

this book was good, although I liked the book from Duggan on more than with Remender.

This was a really nice close to the series. Lots of stories tied up nicely, including that courtroom scene that was a surprise but was really sweet. I think this puts the team at a really good start for no surrender. Personally for me, nothing can beat Duggans final issue of them in the avengers mansion basement sharing some drinks, but this was another issue that gives the familial feel of the X-books of yore with the mantle and prestige of the Avengers in the MU. Volume 3 had all these characters in such authentic voices, this will be one of my favorite volumes of any book done by marvel. If it doesn’t return, we better be given a nice volume 3 omnibus.