Page 149 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2250

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Ok, so now that it's obvious that you just hate her for the whole mutant thing, can we stop acting like there was anything wrong with the Simon scene?
    If I hated a character for just one instant in their history I would hate every character in comic books. In fact I commented that I liked the dialogue because that is exactly how she talks to people and that's what is wrong with her, and while I dislike her.

Comparing her to someone like Emma Frost I can respect when she was being an a hole because they are upfront about it but with Wanda she makes it sound as if you are the problem for not being as smart or knowledgeable about life as her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    That's how she always talks to people. I can go all the way back to the Avenger vs X-men conflict where she was talking with X-men as if they didn't understand what it was like to be mutants. Saying how much she did for mutants even though she was the reason the mutants were in that dire situation to begin with.

lmao this made me laugh
    It's an appreciation thread, you don't like the character, fine, you don't like her back then, you don't like her now.
    You don't need to come here like "I don't like her long ago and hey she just make me dislike her again."
    What's even the point?
    And bringing up old history doesn't help you case, should we care about why you hate her?
    Keep it to yourself, or find someone else with equal amount of feud.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It's an appreciation thread, you don't like the character, fine, you don't like her back then, you don't like her now.
    You don't need to come here like "I don't like her long ago and hey she just make me dislike her again."
    What's even the point?
    And bringing up old history doesn't help you case, should we care about why you hate her?
    Keep it to yourself, or find someone else with equal amount of feud.
    I mean it's a forum about the Uncanny Avengers and I didn't see one for the latest book which I read and commented on what happened. I like most of the other characters. Forums shouldn't be limited to just liking the character.

Extraordinary Member

I mean it's a forum about the Uncanny Avengers and I didn't see one for the latest book which I read and commented on what happened. I like most of the other characters. Forums shouldn't be limited to just liking the character.
    And what's the point really? Like you said she is like this for a while.
    Some people don't mind, some people hate it.
    You expect someone who already dislike her to hop on the feud train with you or you expect people like us explaining stuff so you can go into details why you dislike her. Do we even need to know that?

It's not like predicting the plots which may lead to something, or simply making some fun.
    You standing here saying I hate "insert character", well, okay. How do we go with this?
    Do we turn this into a character bashing or a debate where no one will convince each other because our preferrence is just there long ago, and your critism, our explanation mean nothing in the end?

I can't see what's the point, it did bring this thread to front page again, thanks for that.

BANNED

This is exactly why I hate Scarlet Witch. She does all of this BS talking to Wonder Man trying to make herself sound smarter than she really is instead of just saying that she likes someone else. She is so self righteous and full of her self it makes me sick. Every time she talks she does it as if she has some deep understanding about things that other people just don't understand. NO YOU DON'T you just want to screw someone else just own it good lord.

Who ever wrote that dialogue for her was spot on that is exactly how she sounds talking to Wonder man and Voodo
    She should've used her brother or a charity, acting career, etc., as an excuse, then punch near Simon's head to drive the point home that she's too dangerous for him to date. I mean that's what he did to her the times he broke up with her. She let him off easy.

BANNED

SW does seem to be made out to be the wrong or insensitive one in the relationship as evident by Simon just flying off without making any efforts to reconcile or probe further and her saying that no one has understood the witch side of her makes it seem that it is Simon's fault he can't satisfy her by taking occult lessons to get a clearer understanding of her.lol. the marvel verse lately just is increasingly showing that both maximoffs in unflattering light. peitro seems to have the not so flattering arcs reserved fr him where he becomes a invalid then a tool of the bad guy and finally the one member who injures his team mate through recklessness. sounds like the only role he played was to show others in a good light. Hope both are portrayed better in the no surrender arc especially Wanda needs a strong showing where she is saving the day rather than being possessed once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Jim Zub tweets

Jim Zub‏
    @JimZub
    Follow Follow @JimZub
    More
    Both monthly Marvel superhero books I've written so far have been story bridges:
    Thunderbolts was always meant to lead into Secret Empire.
    Uncanny Avengers was always meant to lead into No Surrender.
    It creates a clear end goal, but also closes off other pathways.

In turn, it made writing #28, 29, and 30 strangely simple. Everything I pitched in terms of where the Uncanny Avengers would be in Avengers #675 (No Surrender Part 1) had to happen as written or it wouldn't make sense, so it was all about tying those story threads together.

It was an interesting challenge because I was simultaneously writing Uncanny Avengers #26-27 while Mark, Al, and I were blazing months ahead on No Surrender with deadlines on those scripts every two weeks.

Several people asked whether Uncanny Avengers was cancelled prematurely, so let me make this 100% clear - When I was offered the series with issue #24 it was with the understanding I would be sun setting it at issue #30 to lead into the weekly. That was always the plan.
    To me, it seems Rogue was going through a grooming process in the last 7 issues, preparing her for the leadership role she would play in No Surrender.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    SW does seem to be made out to be the wrong or insensitive one in the relationship as evident by Simon just flying off without making any efforts to reconcile or probe further and her saying that no one has understood the witch side of her makes it seem that it is Simon's fault he can't satisfy her by taking occult lessons to get a clearer understanding of her.lol. the marvel verse lately just is increasingly showing that both maximoffs in unflattering light. peitro seems to have the not so flattering arcs reserved fr him where he becomes a invalid then a tool of the bad guy and finally the one member who injures his team mate through recklessness. sounds like the only role he played was to show others in a good light. Hope both are portrayed better in the no surrender arc especially Wanda needs a strong showing where she is saving the day rather than being possessed once again.
    It's not a situation she or Zub could win. If she lets him down easy, she's being uppity. If she were blunt about it, she'd be rude. There's always a group at the ready to fault find the character.

People forget there were times when Simon was terrible to her. She doesn't owe him a damn thing. He should just go off and be with Beast anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    It's not a situation she or Zub could win. If she lets him down easy, she's being uppity. If she were blunt about it, she'd be rude. There's always a group at the ready to fault find the character.

People forget there were times when Simon was terrible to her. She doesn't owe him a damn thing. He should just go off and be with Beast anyway.
    Yep, I think it's relative the better way to do this break-up.
    Plus they respect each other's decision, not like they hate each other or anything.
    And Wanda was pretty much just telling him what happened, like why people get mad over her just narrating stories?(Outside of already hating her.)

Ok, so now that it's obvious that you just hate her for the whole mutant thing, can we stop acting like there was anything wrong with the Simon scene?
    I think it's more the way writers deal with Wanda whenever a new writer takes the lead or she takes a new path without resolving old issues.

Even leaving aside the issues surrounding decimation and the obvious aversion that some mutant fans feel for her the truth is that Wanda seems to be always running away.

That goes for both the commitment she had with the team and Vision or Simon or Rogue or Pietro or Magneto or Wiccan. She is always running away or avoiding dealing with all this by focusing on something else.

Nothing against her wanting something new instead of getting stuck in the past and I'm not against her and Jericho despite feeling sorry for Simon but how can you move on if you are still not well with your past or have not kept your promises?

Wanda is not alone in this path Carol and several other characters are suffering from the same problem.

If they had made Wanda come back to save the team at a time where they were in danger instead of making her be possessed again or had made her have some part in Simon's return instead of Deadpool or if she had more involvement in Wiccan's life despite her fears perhaps the readers would not be so much in her foot.
    Last edited by Knives; 12-27-2017 at 10:34 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I think it's more the way writers deal with Wanda whenever a new writer takes the lead or she takes a new path without resolving old issues.

Even leaving aside the issues surrounding decimation and the obvious aversion that some mutant fans feel for her the truth is that Wanda seems to be always running away.

That goes for both the commitment she had with the team and Vision or Simon or Rogue or Pietro or Magneto or Wiccan. She is always running away or avoiding dealing with all this by focusing on something else.

Nothing against her wanting something new instead of getting stuck in the past and I'm not against her and Jericho despite feeling sorry for Simon but how can you move on if you are still not well with your past or have not kept your promises?

Wanda is not alone in this path Carol and several other characters are suffering from the same problem.

If they had made Wanda come back to save the team at a time where they were in danger instead of making her be possessed again or had made her have some part in Simon's return instead of Deadpool or if she had more involvement in Wiccan's life despite her fears perhaps the readers would not be so much in her foot.
    She didn't run away from Vision. He annulled the marriage way before Disassembled and HoM, lol. She didn't run from Pietro either. What promises did she need to keep to these characters? Her brother was just as culpable if not more in HoM because he had his wits about him. She doesn't owe him anything. She doesn't owe Magneto, who tried to kill her and her brother before, either. She doesn't owe Simon that was abusive to her in the past but is now being painted as some poor angel being hurt by the evil Wanda.

Her and Rogue is some weird stuff that has been written OC for both of them, especially Rogue murdering Wanda.

Wiccan has parents and isn't the same Billy she gave birth to, he has the reborn soul of her son. All else is not tied to Wanda. I'd like for he and especially Tommy to have interaction with Wanda, but pretending like these are the same characters that were her sons, that she abandoned ignores a lot and puts a lot of headcanon in.
    Last edited by Curlytop; 12-27-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I think Wanda do meet Billy regularly? Like she invited Billy for tea after they banished that Dark Celestial.
    Tommy got ignored by writers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytop View Post
    She didn't run away from Vision. He annulled the marriage way before Disassembled and HoM, lol. She didn't run from Pietro either. What promises did she need to keep to these characters? Her brother was just as culpable if not more in HoM because he had his wits about him. She doesn't owe him anything. She doesn't owe Magneto, who tried to kill her and her brother before, either. She doesn't owe Simon that was abusive to her in the past but is now being painted as some poor angel being hurt by the evil Wanda.

Her and Rogue is some weird stuff that has been written OC for both of them, especially Rogue murdering Wanda.

Wiccan has parents and isn't the same Billy she gave birth to, he has the reborn soul of her son. All else is not tied to Wanda. I'd like for he and especially Tommy to have interaction with Wanda, but pretending like these are the same characters that were her sons, that she abandoned ignores a lot and puts a lot of headcanon in.
    I'm not saying that she owes something to them (well maybe one or two promises to Rogue). I'm saying that Wanda does not put an end to these relationships on her own terms and it always comes back to haunt her in one way or another.

Her relationship with Pietro has always been complicated and even poisonous to both of them but neither of them puts an end to this cycle so much that nothing good happens when both are together in the same team and yet there she was wanting to be in a team again with him which she left months ago and she should know that be back would be problematic.

See Magneto for example regardless of whether the retcon is undone or not and she is either Magneto's daughter or not she did not face him after returning to his normal version after AXIS and never put the cards on the table with him to end his relationship simply continued to avoid him.

It's as if she leaves a door open for them.

As for Simon and Vision is as complicated as Cyclops / Jean / Wolverine but basically she always stays close to them and attracts them to her life but when they get the chance to get some conclusion they go back to square one. There is a pattern in the case of Wanda she brought Simon back to life, she marries Vision that in some ways is Simon, she says finally be ready to stay with Simon in UA, Simon disappears inside Rogue and Wanda disappears to find the truth (solo) about her life and herself and a few months later that love disappears?

This seems more of an editorial/writers mistake because it was not what they wanted at this time.

As for Wiccan understand what happened to Wanda's children and that they have parents. However that does not change Wanda's responsibility in a way they are still her children is a soul bond. Moreover Wiccan has the same powers as Wanda and this implies that he maybe have the same problems she has had in the past or that he has the same connection with magic. She needs to be around to prevent him from making the same mistakes. To get away from him right now and at this age is incredibly dangerous.

Again not just Wanda for example did not like the way Wasp, Rogue and the rest of the team gave up Havok. I'm just saying that writers jumping into the next arc without solving other important issues makes them look like hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post

I guess you're right on the whole Simon and Rogue thing, but, for Wiccan, on her solo(issue 8 I think) she talks to her therapist about the problems she has with seeing them, because the whole resurrection thing is messy, so was her life at the time and the things that happened because of it, and she didn't raise them or had much to do with their lifes. Still, at the end she decides to go meet them anyway and things turn out fine. As MaximoffTrash said, she showed up on New Avengers and invited Billy for tea, and on the previous issue he went to see her to talk about his planned wedding.

That's not as much interactions as we should have, yeah, but, there wasn't much stuff after it besides a couple of other issues of her solo, her terrible SE role and Uncanny Avengers. Since they adressed where she stands on that situation + she was there the last time Billy was being used on a book, I think it's fair enough to assume that she's just too busy or that some interaction is happening off-panel, rather than say she doesn't care. I understand that from an in-story POV, we can't just say "it's not her fault because the writer didn't want to use her", but I don't see how that's the same for her being possessed.

She also guest starred on like 2 issues of Vision's book, and he was there on the ending of hers, so it's not like they completely forgot about each other either.

BANNED

I guess you're right on the whole Simon and Rogue thing, but, for Wiccan, on her solo(issue 8 I think) she talks to her therapist about the problems she has with seeing them, because the whole resurrection thing is messy, so was her life at the time and the things that happened because of it, and she didn't raise them or had much to do with their lifes. Still, at the end she decides to go meet them anyway and things turn out fine. As MaximoffTrash said, she showed up on New Avengers and invited Billy for tea, and on the previous issue he went to see her to talk about his planned wedding.

That's not as much interactions as we should have, yeah, but, there wasn't much stuff after it besides a couple of other issues of her solo, her terrible SE role and Uncanny Avengers. Since they adressed where she stands on that situation + she was there the last time Billy was being used on a book, I think it's fair enough to assume that she's just too busy or that some interaction is happening off-panel, rather than say she doesn't care. I understand that from an in-story POV, we can't just say "it's not her fault because the writer didn't want to use her", but I don't see how that's the same for her being possessed.

She also guest starred on like 2 issues of Vision's book, and he was there on the ending of hers, so it's not like they completely forgot about each other either.
    A lot of this being part and parcel to comics never ending change overs in creative teams, events interrupting storylines. All that stuff.

And the relationship stuff.... it's due to comics loving relationship melodrama. They were always one step away from soap operas in that regard. The only difference being the superhero aspect of the stories.