Page 40 of 150 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Help me out here Rochedalaix. I know you don't like Remender, but I have a hard time understanding how folks can feel that way and also appreciate this series. It's his baby. Without Remender there is no Uncanny Avengers.

Anybody else dislike Remender as a writer but like this series? What do you like if you dislike the author's work?
    Well, in the same way that some people somehow have a deep hate for Bendis but loves All New X-men.

Sorry I've been out of comics awhile. I saw the first issue of UA come out with Thor, Havoc, Cap and Polaris (I think). What issue are they on now and is it still tied to the other Avenger team books? Thanks in advance for a n00b question.

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Sorry I've been out of comics awhile. I saw the first issue of UA come out with Thor, Havoc, Cap and Polaris (I think). What issue are they on now and is it still tied to the other Avenger team books? Thanks in advance for a n00b question.
    If it looks like Polaris, but doesn't have green hair its the Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, in the same way that some people somehow have a deep hate for Bendis but loves All New X-men.
    That doesn't really help me. For me, if I don't like a writer's book I just don't read it. I could see if either of those titles had a long history like back in the day before all the new volumes and new #1s and everything, but for series like these, if a body knows they don't like the writer what's the drive to give up your finite money, time and energy to become invested in their work. I don't think characters are enough. For example, I picked up Avengers A.I. because I love Hank Pym and Vision and I thought the premise held a lot of promise, but I couldn't stand Humprhries' writing so I called it quits after 2 issues.

Welcome to this thread also, Viz! The initial team was Havok, Captain America, Thor, Wolverine, Rogue and Scarlet Witch. After the first arc they were joined by Wonder Man, Wasp and Sunfire. Issue 22 should be out next week I think, wrapping up the third big story-arc. The series hasn't directly tied in with Jonathan Hickaman's Avenger's titles yet, but that has a lot to do with pacing. I believe there should be a jump forward starting with #23 that should get UA synched-up with the goings on for Wolverine and the other Avengers titles.

BANNED

Help me out here Rochedalaix. I know you don't like Remender, but I have a hard time understanding how folks can feel that way and also appreciate this series. It's his baby. Without Remender there is no Uncanny Avengers.

Anybody else dislike Remender as a writer but like this series? What do you like if you dislike the author's work?
    The way I feel about Remender is the opposite of the way I feel about Kelly Sue Deconnick, I like Remender as a writer, I just don't like him as a person. Considering I hate every character in the lineup but Thor, Wonder Man and Sunfire it says a lot about Remender's writing skills that he has been able to hold my interest this long. The reason I dislike Remender is because I originally thought Havok and the Scarlet Witch's ignorance was just Remenders good writing, after his argument with fans I realized he actually believed that nonsense himself, which is why I don't like him. I think Remender is a good writer just not a infallible one, so as long as he keeps releasing stories I think are entertaining I will read them despite what my personal opinion of him is.

Huh, i feel the opposite. It is actually a testament to the greatness of Rogue that I am still reading. Not happy with Remender's handling of the world's greatest hero, but hoping he can turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    The way I feel about Remender is the opposite of the way I feel about Kelly Sue Deconnick, I like Remender as a writer, I just don't like him as a person. Considering I hate every character in the lineup but Thor, Wonder Man and Sunfire it says a lot about Remender's writing skills that he has been able to hold my interest this long. The reason I dislike Remender is because I originally thought Havok and the Scarlet Witch's ignorance was just Remenders good writing, after his argument with fans I realized he actually believed that nonsense himself, which is why I don't like him. I think Remender is a good writer just not a infallible one, so as long as he keeps releasing stories I think are entertaining I will read them despite what my personal opinion of him is.
    THAT I totally get. I'm not familiar enough with DeConnick to follow that comparison, but if I'm reading you right you feel the same way about Remender that I do about Orson Scott Card. I loved Ender's Game back when I first read it and then made the mistake of looking into details about Card only to discover the guy's personal politics were horribly repellent to me.

I gotta' say I'm really proud of our community on this thread. I realize my question was the sort that could have been met defensively and set off a whole thing, and instead we're just having frank, civil discourse. It's like as the Unity Squad starts to come together in the book our unity is coming together on this thread.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Huh, i feel the opposite. It is actually a testament to the greatness of Rogue that I am still reading. Not happy with Remender's handling of the world's greatest hero, but hoping he can turn it around.
    Indeed, that makes me happy to hear Jen, you and other Rogue fans have been threw enough and it shows how dedicated and supportive you are to your Rouge that you know she can get threw this. Remender has started a Turn around IMO, hope this is just the starting point!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed, that makes me happy to hear Jen, you and other Rogue fans have been threw enough and it shows how dedicated and supportive you are to your Rouge that you know she can get threw this. Remender has started a Turn around IMO, hope this is just the starting point!
    Thank you CJStriker! I hope so. Rogue taking on the Celestial is a start.

That was pretty epic....
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    That was pretty epic....
    Could Not have Been More Happier for Rogue Jen or More Epic Tg1982! ^_^

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Could Not have Been More Happier for Rogue Jen or More Epic Tg1982! ^_^

Love it!!!
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Welcome to this thread also, Viz! The initial team was Havok, Captain America, Thor, Wolverine, Rogue and Scarlet Witch. After the first arc they were joined by Wonder Man, Wasp and Sunfire. Issue 22 should be out next week I think, wrapping up the third big story-arc. The series hasn't directly tied in with Jonathan Hickaman's Avenger's titles yet, but that has a lot to do with pacing. I believe there should be a jump forward starting with #23 that should get UA synched-up with the goings on for Wolverine and the other Avengers titles.
    Thank you for the welcome! and for the info.

So has the book remained consistent after the first story arc with Cap and Thor? I did like the first issue, just got busy. But if the storyline remained essentially the same quality I might go back and get the missing trades. Did anything significant happen to the characters since #1? Who is the leader now? Thanks again!

Thank you for the welcome! and for the info.

So has the book remained consistent after the first story arc with Cap and Thor? I did like the first issue, just got busy. But if the storyline remained essentially the same quality I might go back and get the missing trades. Did anything significant happen to the characters since #1? Who is the leader now? Thanks again!
    The book's consistency, IMO, was/is good, there are a few (I mean one) controversies, the biggest is about a speech that Havok gives, in the book Remender writes them taking time to gel as a team. A lot happened, I would say more but don't want to spoil it for you. And Havok is still the leader, Captain America (Steve Rogers) will be out do to events in his solo (which I'm sure you've heard about by now). I believe Scarlet Witch will be out also, IIRC, she's go to the mainstream Avengers, but I could be wrong, due to events in Thor's solo. I'm unsure if he'll be appearing in Uncanny Avengers or not. Hope I was able to help without spoiling too much.
    - George Washington