Page 50 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    I thought it was funny that Carol would come to a prison camp to ask the X-men to work for the thugs that ordered them prisoned, That takes either a lot of balls or a very low IQ
    That's rather dramatized.
    Although unwanted, the intent was to protect them.
    Its not like they had them chained up or took away their personal belongings or denied them food and water. They were basically under house arrest.
    Again -- NOT IDEAL and certainly NOT WANTED, but it IS a ginormous mansion we're talking about verging on resort-style accomodations.

From Carol's perspective, again, it was for their protection. I don't remember any remote tracker implants.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    That's rather dramatized.
    Although unwanted, the intent was to protect them.
    Its not like they had them chained up or took away their personal belongings or denied them food and water. They were basically under house arrest.
    Again -- NOT IDEAL and certainly NOT WANTED, but it IS a ginormous mansion we're talking about verging on resort-style accomodations.

From Carol's perspective, again, it was for their protection. I don't remember any remote tracker implants.
    Were the implanted weapons for their protection?

Was putting a hand selected psychotic bigot in charge for there protection, With the woman who wrote a government plan for mutant genocide as his number two being added protection?

Was tracking down escapees for their protection?

Did the Sentinels shoot at Angel , Cycle and company for their protection?

House arrest requires a court order and a criminal conviction what was done hewer was unlawful detention, multiple cases of assault, and a few cases of attempted murder. And interment camp without even a legal fig leaf all the legal loopholes that allowed that were closed before any of us hear, including old farts like me were born

With protection like that you need a life insurance policy and have a urgent need to buy a burial plot

I don't recall any implanted weapons. Sorry.
    Your passion for the X-Men leads me to interpret your posts as being confrontational and/or hostile, so I'm going to politely decline further discussion.
    Happy Posting sir.

Now, addressing the entire thread, has anyone heard news of new members yet for Uncanny Avengers?
    I'm guessing not or it would have already been brought up?
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-18-2014 at 05:36 AM.

Your passion for the X-Men leads me to interpret your posts as being confrontational and/or hostile, so I'm going to politely decline further discussion.
    Happy Posting sir.

Now, addressing the entire thread, has anyone heard news of new members yet for Uncanny Avengers?
    Read issue #3 of the 5 part "X-Men,the 198" mini series. Or perhaps you should read the entire mini series, HUH ?!?!?!?!

Happy Posting sir.

Yeah, basically all of that is from the 198 miniseries. It's a decent read, and followed up on/loose threads tied up in the X-Men: Civil War tie-in mini-series. None of the implant stuff really extended beyond that mini, but the lunatic that the US government put in charge of the "security operation" basically turned the Xavier estate grounds from school, to Indian reservation, to internment camp in the space of a few days.

ththatnosseed, thanks for the share!

Ah. Got it.
    I didn't follow the 198 mini. Sorry to anyone I may have offended.

Ah. Got it.
    I didn't follow the 198 mini. Sorry to anyone I may have offended.
    Don't sweat it Fokken. If I recall correctly you and I may actually frequent the same LCS (at least sometimes) so if you're interested and I still have the floppies for that series I'm more than happy to pass 'em on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Don't sweat it Fokken. If I recall correctly you and I may actually frequent the same LCS (at least sometimes) so if you're interested and I still have the floppies for that series I'm more than happy to pass 'em on.
    OH YEAH!!! Comic College or Hot Comics? I frequent both.
    Is it decent? the story? I remember passing on it because the cast really didn't interest me and I wasn't all that enthused about Bishop either.

OH YEAH!!! Comic College or Hot Comics? I frequent both.
    Is it decent? the story? I remember passing on it because the cast really didn't interest me and I wasn't all that enthused about Bishop either.
    Comic College. I don't think the 198 story had much Bishop (maybe not any) but he's pretty prominent in the X-Men: Civil War one. In any event I liked 198 in the context of everything else that was going on during Decimation. I didn't think the X-Men: Civil War mini was as good, but I liked that it wrapped up the plot threads which were largely being ignored in the other X-Books. I'll try to remember to look for them when I stop by my folks place later this week. If I don't still have them, they're probably floating around the Half-Price books circuit somewhere.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    This book is supposed to be Avengers and X-Men working together. Then Remender changed it to mutants and supers, but still, it helps to like both Avengers and X-Men.

Politics aside, my biggest gripe with the book is that Remender is playing favorites and using some pretty iconic characters as stepping stones for his faves. I get the stories are supposed to have repercussions and all, but it happened before relationships were defined and explored. So crap is happening and there is no emotional attachment. Rogue is now WonderRogue, but where is the reaction from Remy, Magneto, Mystique or anyone who matters to Rogue? Rogue is a fully realized hero of her own but here she is a tolerated red shirt. There is nothing in UA that ties Rogue to these events except a forced plot point. Thus anything happening feels like it is some other character that has no real value or weight or even matters to the story. If she had strong ties to the characters or the story, it would feel different. Remender has wacky plots and far out action, unfortunately the emotional connections are a little weak.
    I imagine he's going to go with the nobody else knows yet excuse for a while. But hey, maybe that means that it won't really 'effect' her much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Comic College. I don't think the 198 story had much Bishop (maybe not any) but he's pretty prominent in the X-Men: Civil War one. In any event I liked 198 in the context of everything else that was going on during Decimation. I didn't think the X-Men: Civil War mini was as good, but I liked that it wrapped up the plot threads which were largely being ignored in the other X-Books. I'll try to remember to look for them when I stop by my folks place later this week. If I don't still have them, they're probably floating around the Half-Price books circuit somewhere.
    Yes. X-Men: Civil War. I was getting them confused. That was the one with the O5 guys tracking down the bunch that ran, right?

Yes. X-Men: Civil War. I was getting them confused. That was the one with the O5 guys tracking down the bunch that ran, right?
    Yep! And For some reason Micromax and Sabra are loaned out from their respective national governments to help Bishop (why Iron Man didn't have anybody else available to work with him I don't know). I think it was right before Messiah CompleX happened, too.

X-Men: The 198 is available at Amazon in a TPB form. :-)

Incredible Member

Still hoping for Banshee!