Page 51 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Still hoping for Banshee!
    Fingers crossed! He wasn't with Dakken, Grim Reaper and the kayoed Twins in the epilogue so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I don't recall any implanted weapons. Sorry.
    Your passion for the X-Men leads me to interpret your posts as being confrontational and/or hostile, so I'm going to politely decline further discussion.
    Happy Posting sir.

Now, addressing the entire thread, has anyone heard news of new members yet for Uncanny Avengers?
    I'm guessing not or it would have already been brought up?
    then you might want to read the story you are commenting on, The weapons were part of the drama that would be hard to miss if you read it

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Yeah, basically all of that is from the 198 miniseries. It's a decent read, and followed up on/loose threads tied up in the X-Men: Civil War tie-in mini-series. None of the implant stuff really extended beyond that mini, but the lunatic that the US government put in charge of the "security operation" basically turned the Xavier estate grounds from school, to Indian reservation, to internment camp in the space of a few days.

ththatnosseed, thanks for the share!
    The 298 and X-men civil war.

My dream Uncanny Avengers team, co-captained by what I've affectionately dubbed "Team Mo/Faux", Storm of the X-Men and Captain Marvel of the Avengers.

Both are powerful women, first of all, and capable leaders. I think the UNITY squad could stand to get some gender and racial diversity. And it may have been ill advised to put the most recent poster child for anti-mutant hostility on your team because you feel sorry for her. She wants to help? Let her stuff envelopes. Work her out that probability manipulation on crafting up some promotional posters. She DID help restore mutants. But really, that was plenty. Being a face for unification might be a bit much. Sleep in and have a mimosa, Wanda dear.

And who would these co-captains recruit? Let's start with the Avengers side of things. You're gonna need some more aesthetically diverse members so Carol is gonna go with She Hulk. To most ordinary joes, she looks friggin weird but people are surprisingly into it. That needs representing. Also, she's a brilliant lawyer, apparently, and it would be beneficial having that kind of mind on a team intent on ensuring Civil Rights and Liberties.
    Storm is going to bring in the beloved token Alpha Male, Thor.
    I'm on board with Thor's inclusion completely. He's an immigrant. He's above the petty Us vs Them BS. He sees beyond those ridiculous social politics. I say keep him. He fits.
    My final Avenger addition: Vision. Two reasons. He gets the mutant plight. He both married a mutant and 'fathered' two mutant boys. He's got a deeply rooted association and empathy with persecution, bigotry, and ignorance. He gets what its like to want acceptance despite what people view you as. He'd have made a more compelling "its not about labels" speech than Havok's continually misinterpreted attempt. Plus I feel that he would provide all the needed/wanted drama in regard to the Wanda side of things.

Now the X-side of things: You want someone controversial? You want someone that's going to ruffle feathers? You want someone who will vehemently advocate on behalf of mutant rights? Someone that's going to call out their teammates on their sh!t? Well she's got too much pride and she's far to elitist to accept an invitation, and I don't see Storm or Carol looking to get her a membership card, HOWEVER Emma Frost IS the type of "won't take no for an answer" woman who WOULD just show up at Avengers Mansion, knowing that this team was being formed and refuse to leave. She's not going to entrust this kind of project to the Avengers, nor any Avenger-sympathizing X-folk. No sir, no way. She's the "Rogue" of this team. She's coming in. She's making noise. And she's not leaving. And it would completely fit her character.
    Additionally, I can easily see her finding an unexpected kinship with Vision over their mutual angst with Wanda, a natural inclination to flirt with Thor, and a curiosity toward Carol, given her recent memory loss -- possibly teasing and insisting she could help restore what she's lost, if and when Carol is ready.

Storm would recruit Nightcrawler. A religious man. A man of tolerance. A man wrought with overcoming adversity. A man that does. not. look. human. Its important to show that side of the mutant population because equality has to be more than all of the superficial "they're just like us" mumbo jumbo. Because the world is both a beautiful and hideous place, but that doesn't mean we all shouldn't be able to live in it free of persecution. Plus he's a jovial guy. He's gonna keep things light at ever opportunity. He's gonna be the peace maker -- dropping jokes and sarcasm to cut through any tension that inevitably may arise.
    Carol would recruit Beast. I hate the guy lately but I feel he makes the most sense of any of these members for an Avengers/X-Men team. He's been on both sides. He's even struggled with his own identity, wanting to pass as human. He's controversial in that regard. And he NEEDS a project. He NEEDS to stop crying about Scott Summers and just get out there and DO something about all this BS he's so butt hurt over. Stop sitting in your lab, fecking with time and space and reality and --- IDLE HANDS PEOPLE!!! -- get out in the world and CHANGE the image you claim Scott is dragging through the mud
    Last edited by Fokken; 08-19-2014 at 04:18 AM.

My dream Uncanny Avengers team, co-captained by what I've affectionately dubbed "Team Mo/Faux", Storm of the X-Men and Captain Marvel of the Avengers.

Both are powerful women, first of all, and capable leaders. I think the UNITY squad could stand to get some gender and racial diversity. And it may have been ill advised to put the most recent poster child for anti-mutant hostility on your team because you feel sorry for her. She wants to help? Let her stuff envelopes. Work her out that probability manipulation on crafting up some promotional posters. She DID help restore mutants. But really, that was plenty. Being a face for unification might be a bit much. Sleep in and have a mimosa, Wanda dear.

And who would these co-captains recruit? Let's start with the Avengers side of things. You're gonna need some more aesthetically diverse members so Carol is gonna go with She Hulk. To most ordinary joes, she looks friggin weird but people are surprisingly into it. That needs representing. Also, she's a brilliant lawyer, apparently, and it would be beneficial having that kind of mind on a team intent on ensuring Civil Rights and Liberties.
    Storm is going to bring in the beloved token Alpha Male, Thor.
    I'm on board with Thor's inclusion completely. He's an immigrant. He's above the petty Us vs Them BS. He sees beyond those ridiculous social politics. I say keep him. He fits.
    My final Avenger addition: Vision. Two reasons. He gets the mutant plight. He both married a mutant and 'fathered' two mutant boys. He's got a deeply rooted association and empathy with persecution, bigotry, and ignorance. He gets what its like to want acceptance despite what people view you as. He'd have made a more compelling "its not about labels" speech than Havok's continually misinterpreted attempt. Plus I feel that he would provide all the needed/wanted drama in regard to the Wanda side of things.

Now the X-side of things: You want someone controversial? You want someone that's going to ruffle feathers? You want someone who will vehemently advocate on behalf of mutant rights? Someone that's going to call out their teammates on their sh!t? Well she's got too much pride and she's far to elitist to accept an invitation, and I don't see Storm or Carol looking to get her a membership card, HOWEVER Emma Frost IS the type of "won't take no for an answer" woman who WOULD just show up at Avengers Mansion, knowing that this team was being formed and refuse to leave. She's not going to entrust this kind of project to the Avengers, nor any Avenger-sympathizing X-folk. No sir, no way. She's the "Rogue" of this team. She's coming in. She's making noise. And she's not leaving. And it would completely fit her character.
    Additionally, I can easily see her finding an unexpected kinship with Vision over their mutual angst with Wanda, a natural inclination to flirt with Thor, and a curiosity toward Carol, given her recent memory loss -- possibly teasing and insisting she could help restore what she's lost, if and when Carol is ready.

Storm would recruit Nightcrawler. A religious man. A man of tolerance. A man wrought with overcoming adversity. A man that does. not. look. human. Its important to show that side of the mutant population because equality has to be more than all of the superficial "they're just like us" mumbo jumbo. Because the world is both a beautiful and hideous place, but that doesn't mean we all shouldn't be able to live in it free of persecution. Plus he's a jovial guy. He's gonna keep things light at ever opportunity. He's gonna be the peace maker -- dropping jokes and sarcasm to cut through any tension that inevitably may arise.
    Carol would recruit Beast. I hate the guy lately but I feel he makes the most sense of any of these members for an Avengers/X-Men team. He's been on both sides. He's even struggled with his own identity, wanting to pass as human. He's controversial in that regard. And he NEEDS a project. He NEEDS to stop crying about Scott Summers and just get out there and DO something about all this BS he's so butt hurt over. Stop sitting in your lab, fecking with time and space and reality and --- IDLE HANDS PEOPLE!!! -- get out in the world and CHANGE the image you claim Scott is dragging through the mud
    I like it. Regardless of anything else I really hope Kurt will join the Unity Squad post-Axis. I feel like the only thing that kept him from the team in the first place was that he was deceased when it was formed. Any of these other characters would be fine additions to the present team as well . . . well, Emma wouldn't be welcome, or necessarily even helpful, but I think you're right on target with the "won't take no for an answer" thing. I could very easily see her coming in, in that way.

This reminds me, does anybody recall or have the old link to an interview (or interviews) where Remender had said he originally wanted Storm and Brother Voodoo for the UA team? I believe the former was denied because other writers had plans for her in the core X-Men books and Humphries Uncanny X-Force, and the latter was slated to be killed by Bendis already when talks for the book started. I think this was all on the old boards, but I have no idea what the original source was. If anybody knows, thank you in advance.

November solicits are up and there's no Uncanny Avengers! I know we're getting three issues of AXIS, but c'mon, I want my UA.

Fokken: I really like that team roster. Some good thought into that plus I think it fits nicely into what the team mission statement is. Props on that!

Chief Jon: No doubt we'll see title relaunch for UA after AXIS due to the status quo changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Fokken: I really like that team roster. Some good thought into that plus I think it fits nicely into what the team mission statement is. Props on that!

Chief Jon: No doubt we'll see title relaunch for UA after AXIS due to the status quo changes.
    I know. And I also know we're effectively getting 2-3 issues a month while AXIS runs, but in an uncharacteristic move for this cheap-skate comic book fan I would actually have bought both the event title and the ongoing through all this.

I know. And I also know we're effectively getting 2-3 issues a month while AXIS runs, but in an uncharacteristic move for this cheap-skate comic book fan I would actually have bought both the event title and the ongoing through all this.
    Just think of it as Marvel helping out our wallets! I will need it since I'm invested in Hickman's story, Spider-Verse, and will check out AXIS.

Astonishing Avengers could be the clue just in case we see UA get relaunched.

BANNED

Yeah, basically all of that is from the 198 miniseries. It's a decent read, and followed up on/loose threads tied up in the X-Men: Civil War tie-in mini-series. None of the implant stuff really extended beyond that mini, but the lunatic that the US government put in charge of the "security operation" basically turned the Xavier estate grounds from school, to Indian reservation, to internment camp in the space of a few days.

ththatnosseed, thanks for the share!
    Generation M is also a really good read as well, I wonder what happened to Sally Floyd I really liked the front line mini series. AvX Frontline would have been fun!!!
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 08-19-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Just think of it as Marvel helping out our wallets! I will need it since I'm invested in Hickman's story, Spider-Verse, and will check out AXIS.

Oh no! Yikes, you WILL need the help. I do too, but it's coming to me in the form of the cancellation/resolution of Superior Foes of Spider-Man (so funny).

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    Generation M is also a really good read as well, I wonder what happened to Sally Floyd I really liked the front line mini series. AvX Frontline would have been fun!!!
    AXIS frontline? I really liked the Civil War Frontline series. WWH FL was pretty good too, but after that . . .

Spectacular Member thethanosseed's Avatar

I know i can actually feel my wallet glaring at me... But heres to the Astonishing Avengers! :-)

Ultimate Member

I like how, with Carol and Vision, you've picked two Avengers who have strong mutant ties, even if not mutants themselves. Thor, 'above it all,' is also a strong choice. He's got no skin in the game of human vs. mutant nonsense. It's all 'the red ants are fighting with the black ants again' to him.

She-Hulk is the only choice I'd question, due to her being on the pro-Registration side during the Civil War. She's never been any sort of friend to mutant-kind, and, particularly recently, been 'on the wrong side' of any sort of freedom vs. tyranny divides. (Then again, so was Carol, but, through Rogue and the Starjammer / Binary era, she's got stronger X-ties.)

It's kind of neat how many mutant Avengers there have been, over the years, even before this Uncanny X-Avengers concept. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, the Beast, Justice and Firestar. Maybe Falcon, Namor and / or Rage, depending on whether or not they are mutants this week. Wolverine and Storm, more recently.

I'll admit, I added She Hulk primarily for her aesthetic. I wanted a mutant-esque looking woman. Big and Green is the Avengers version of the X-Men's Weird and Blue.