Page 8 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's the sucky thing about Avengers book. We often get art inconsistancy because artist keep getting pulled off the books (often to do events). I sort of miss the days when we get longer runs with the same artist over them checking in and out with various storylines.

Though I suppose that's easy to say when you like the artist. I certainly didn't mind Cassidy leaving this book (not to diss the guys work, but I just wasn't feeling it on this book at least).
    It just wasn't his strongest work. Not his worst, but not Planetary or Astonishing X-Men or even Union Jack. Acuna is the best. I needed those preview pages to whet my appetite. Next Wednesday? bring it on!

That's the sucky thing about Avengers book. We often get art inconsistancy because artist keep getting pulled off the books (often to do events). I sort of miss the days when we get longer runs with the same artist over them checking in and out with various storylines.

Though I suppose that's easy to say when you like the artist. I certainly didn't mind Cassidy leaving this book (not to diss the guys work, but I just wasn't feeling it on this book at least).

I was dissapointed as well with Cassaday's work in the first arc, I think it made it clear that he's simply not suited for interior work anymore.

And the way the arc was written didn't help much either.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    I was dissapointed as well with Cassaday's work in the first arc, I think it made it clear that he's simply not suited for interior work anymore.

And the way the arc was written didn't help much either.
    Just so I'm not completely throwing Cassaday under the bus (in an Uncanny Appreciation thread no less), I'll also give him credit for creating some very powerful visuals in the book. The scene with Red Skull removing Xavier's brain, and the entire sequence leading up to that, definately left an impact on me. Freaky as heck.

Scarlet Witch, Rogue, and Havok all figure prominently in this poster:

Marvel_SE_NYC_2014.jpg

Just so I'm not completely throwing Cassaday under the bus (in an Uncanny Appreciation thread no less), I'll also give him credit for creating some very powerful visuals in the book. The scene with Red Skull removing Xavier's brain, and the entire sequence leading up to that, definately left an impact on me. Freaky as heck.
    His DoFP evoking stuff in #4 is actually what sealed the deal for me and totally sold me on this book; where I went from thinking, "yeah this is pretty good," to, "Wow!"

The main thing that put me off of Cassaday's art is that everyone looked so angry all of the time.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

I really loved that scene.

I liked Cassaday's art in Captain America way back when, I liked it in Uncanny Avengers as well, but the delays were kind of frustrating. His cover work is usually really good.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Or it may simply mean that the Unity Team is the new face of the Marvel Universe. It's vague enough.
    But technically they were already a new face of MU as they're the only "Official" Unity Team for Mutant/Human Relations.

Quote Originally Posted by broski View Post
    The main thing that put me off of Cassaday's art is that everyone looked so angry all of the time.
    I also didn't like some of the costume re-desings. I thought Havoks was pretty bad. He looks a lot better in the current Uncanny arc.

And I have mixed feelings on Jans... though she reguarly cycles through costumes anyways so there are bound to be a few in the mix I like a bit less.

Spectacular Member thethanosseed's Avatar

Other side of the AXIS cover is: Storm, Thor, Iron Man, Luke Cage, Deadpool, and Medusa. It's at bleedingcool if anybody wants to see.

Quote Originally Posted by thethanosseed View Post
    Other side of the AXIS cover is: Storm, Thor, Iron Man, Luke Cage, Deadpool, and Medusa. It's at bleedingcool if anybody wants to see.
    Only Thor from the Unity Squad? I say thee nay!

Its probably been mentioned, but maybe the 6 on the poster just represent their teams/groups...

Storm = X-Men
    Thor = Unity Squad
    Iron Man = Avengers or Illuminati
    Luke Cage = Mighty Avengers
    Deadpool = isn't he on Thunderbolts?
    Medusa = Inhumans

STORM!!

Even if she can't be in Uncanny Avengers, I'm happy to see her up front for Axis.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Scarlet Witch, Rogue, and Havok all figure prominently in this poster:

Marvel_SE_NYC_2014.jpg
    Cool poster.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    STORM!!

Even if she can't be in Uncanny Avengers, I'm happy to see her up front for Axis.
    Agreed. And with her getting a solo this year it seems to be her year.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    STORM!!

True. I know Remender had wanted to use her for this team, so if he's finally getting to work with her I'm cool with that. And I did actually like his take on Deadpool in UXF quite a bit.