Page 9 of 150 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Agreed. And with her getting a solo this year it seems to be her year.
    Right? I'm SO stoked for her solo book! Pak has been killing it on Action Comics this year! He's on fire! I can't wait for that energy to make it's way to the Storm solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    True. I know Remender had wanted to use her for this team, so if he's finally getting to work with her I'm cool with that. And I did actually like his take on Deadpool in UXF quite a bit.
    I'm full excited to see Remender write her! She's been rather brutally mishandled in X-books for years now (only just recovering from walpaper status).

I trust she'll have a glorious, shining moment here!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    I'm full excited to see Remender write her! She's been rather brutally mishandled in X-books for years now (only just recovering from walpaper status).

I certainly hope so. I've been wanting her on the team since they first announced the Uncanny Avengers. Hopefully that'll finally happen?
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

BANNED

I have question for all the fans of Uncanny Avengers. Why do you love this series?
    I ask because whats the appeal of the book aside from X-men members being part of the Avengers.
    To me The Avengers could handle a mutant based problem just like how they face every facet of the Marvel U. From space, crime, super villains, mystical and terrorist organizations Its one of the appeals I enjoy about them most over say Fantastic Four and X-men. Same goes for an X-men if they are seeking membership without it becoming a purely mutant focused team.
    Plus every time I see the two teams it tends to boil into rivalry and misconception of the two teams being ignorant of the others heroic deeds. As to Rogue has Remender explain why she joined in story she acts like the Avengers blackmailed her into the team. Her hating Scarlet Witch its expected, all the X-men hate her.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    I have question for all the fans of Uncanny Avengers. Why do you love this series?
    I ask because whats the appeal of the book aside from X-men members being part of the Avengers.
    To me The Avengers could handle a mutant based problem just like how they face every facet of the Marvel U. From space, crime, super villains, mystical and terrorist organizations Its one of the appeals I enjoy about them most over say Fantastic Four and X-men. Same goes for an X-men if they are seeking membership without it becoming a purely mutant focused team.
    Plus every time I see the two teams it tends to boil into rivalry and misconception of the two teams being ignorant of the others heroic deeds. As to Rogue has Remender explain why she joined in story she acts like the Avengers blackmailed her into the team. Her hating Scarlet Witch its expected, all the X-men hate her.
    I love this series because I love the Scarlet Witch. This is the series she is in. Whatever series she is in will be my favorite.

The mission statement of the team is one I had been wanting to see for decades in a Marvel book; a team trying to advance Charles Xavier's dream of mutant & non-mutant cooperation & coexistence by offering an example of that in service of their mission. Historically I dreamed it would be the X-Men who would take the lead in this and bolster their ranks with non-mutant members, or by integrating non-mutant youngsters into the old Xavier school. Given the direction of the last several years of X-stories, post-Decimation & even more-so post-Utopia, mutants were becoming increasingly isolated and separated from the rest of humanity by the very actions of the X-Men's leadership. Providing an autonomous safe-haven & attempting to dragoon every mutant alive into residing there only makes the work of bigots who would seek to destroy mutantkind and push the greater public to view mutants as non-human monsters all the easier. It hasn't worked out quite that way for the Unity Squad yet, but the potential remains.

Beyond that I consistently enjoy Remender's work. The way he writes, especially this title, reminds me of the grand days of Claremont on X-Men, Byrne on the FF and Stern on Avengers where character arcs really drove a lot of the action and events unfolded in a single monthly title. So, to sum up, the premise brought me in and Remender kept me with it. Also, Daniel Acuna. That guy does AMAZING work.

Love the avatar/name, BTW. Stingray is highly underrated. Welcome to the appreciation thread. I look forward to reading what you like about the title. Please remember that this is a space for celebrating what we like about the Uncanny Avengers book and that there are other threads for each featured character and every new issue where negative commentary about the title is more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I certainly hope so. I've been wanting her on the team since they first announced the Uncanny Avengers. Hopefully that'll finally happen?
    That would be great! She's got quite the history with Loki, Thor & Asgard to boot and I bet there's a good story to be told there. She'd absolutely be high on my list of possible new or replacement members if there's a roster shift in our future. Nightcrawler, of course, remains my #1 choice for expanded membership until he's on the team.

The premise itself is sort of forced, but Remender's done some decent work with what he's been given. The artwork when Acuna's on the title is splendid.

Spectacular Member thethanosseed's Avatar

Well said Jon. And btw welcome back klinton we've been missing you man. Till tomorrow! :-)

Ultimate Member

It's kind of funny that the Avengers felt the need to recruit Rogue anyway. It's not like they haven't had a bunch of mutant Avengers, even if some have been 'secret' Avengers or 'young' Avengers or 'great lakes' Avengers.

Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Beast, Namor, Justice, Firestar, Wolverine, Storm, Speed, Wiccan, Namora, Sabertooth (way back in the day), Mr. Immortal, Big Bertha, Flatman, Doorman, Squirrel Girl. Possibly Quake and Debrii, depending on whether or not they are mutants, or their ten seconds as part of Avengers groups or Captain America's resistance Avengers in Civil War count.

The more recent mutant additions of Rogue, Havok, Sunfire, Cannonball and Sunspot (and perhaps Manifold?) just add yet more mutants to a team that's often had one or more mutant members anyway, without any sort of artificial 'unity' agenda.

Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Beast, Justice, Firestar, Namora and Debrii would make a pretty unique all-mutant Avengers team. DaisyQuake could be their SHIELD contact. Havok and Sunfire, or Cannonbro and Brospot, could add more sausage, if it feels too heavy on lovely ladies for some.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Right? I'm SO stoked for her solo book! Pak has been killing it on Action Comics this year! He's on fire! I can't wait for that energy to make it's way to the Storm solo.

Couldn't agree any more.

klinton! You're back!

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I love this series because I love the Scarlet Witch. This is the series she is in. Whatever series she is in will be my favorite.
    Luckily she's being written well....?
    Because wow.

1. I like the team exactly as Chief Jon put it, the idea of unification from this team is important to the MU as a whole. It shows that they can work together past their differences and save the day.

2. I really like Remender, he writes a lot of the stuff I enjoy, such as Venom, Uncanny X-force, Doctor Voodoo, Secret Avengers, and more.

3. I like the team line up, the line up is made of characters I enjoy or have gotten to like by reading this series, except Captain America(sorry just not a huge fan of his unless it's his movies).

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Pretty Much when this book got previewed Scarlet Witch was my 1st draw to it indeed and main liking of UA Still! ;-)

Just the 1st few issue, how far and how interesting each character has been since then is more impressive I had hoped, Especially Thor, RR Really worked Thor in Well and his Mythos!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Hey guys I got my issue of UA 20

Without spoiling too much the issue is an amazing read; the fights were awesome and there was one very amusing scene with Wasp that brought a smile to my face. On another note before this series I had never had much exposure to Kang in the comics -I did love him Avengers: EMH and forever hear that version's badass voice when reading his dialogue- but this series -and issue- has made a fan out of me, hail the conqueror!

I have also just read issue #20.

We have to wait another month?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella