Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post

Oculus. Could actually see the end set up early, and I thought, "if this turns out as obvious as it seems, that's going to be really lame". And it was, which is a shame, because other than that, the movie is well made.

yeah i thought it would be straight thrash..especially coming from WWE studios but it was actually quite good

Titanic.
    The whole throwing away the diamond thing made no sense.
    There really wasn't a connection with it to Jack.
    It was Billy Zane's diamond.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    The Hulk (Ang Lee) I liked that movie a lot, I liked the themes it explored and most of the Hulk scenes, especially the escape from the Gamma Base and the fight in the dessert. But the ending ruined it. First to have the end battle underwater at night when it was hard to see anything was a horrible choice. And instead of what should have been a very cool battle between the Absorbing Man and the Hulk (think of the possible transformations), we get a barely visible watery fight. And the Hulk power surging the AM was so hard to see and hear that many viewers didn't know what the hell happened.
    I don't know why so many Comic Book movies have these nighttime final fight scenes.
    That Hulk fight is one of the coolest fights I think we're ever going to get in a superhero movies. It seems like those big final showdowns are always just two like people hitting each other, or in the case of The Avengers a bunch of random cannon fodder Mummy Returns rejects; that Hulk fight was weird stuff like Hulk fighting lightning in the sky and a water man in a huge pool of water.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    How does the movie set up that a superhuman astronaut from the first group with burns all over his body would show up and start killing everyone? And even if it did, the slasher bit wasn't executed well at all; as well as that part being far below what came before it.
    The opening scene is a crewmember staring at the sun, obsessed with it. It was obvious someone was going to become unhinged.

That Hulk fight is one of the coolest fights I think we're ever going to get in a superhero movies. It seems like those big final showdowns are always just two like people hitting each other, or in the case of The Avengers a bunch of random cannon fodder Mummy Returns rejects; that Hulk fight was weird stuff like Hulk fighting lightning in the sky and a water man in a huge pool of water.
    Which might be cool if you could tell what was going on. From what I have heard, most of the audience couldn't.
    Underwater at night, not very clear. But it's nice somebody liked it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pow! View Post
    The opening scene is a crewmember staring at the sun, obsessed with it. It was obvious someone was going to become unhinged.
    It's a movie about the sun, and if they fail their mission everyone on Earth is dead.

That also isn't even the guy killing people, and the guy killing people shouldn't even be alive. The guy killing people didn't even become unhinged on the mission, the whole reason he when was to sabotage it; he just somehow survived and lucked into being able to sabotage the next group too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Which might be cool if you could tell what was going on. From what I have heard, most of the audience couldn't.
    Underwater at night, not very clear. But it's nice somebody liked it.
    You can tell what's going on pretty easily in that scene: The Hulk is trying to fight a man made of water in water. And it may be night, but the guy is glowing green.

The guy killing people didn't even become unhinged on the mission, the whole reason he when was to sabotage it
    When did it say that? I got the impression he had his "epiphany" while on the mission, probably staring at the sun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pow! View Post
    When did it say that? I got the impression he had his "epiphany" while on the mission, probably staring at the sun.
    It's been years since I've seen it, but don't they uncover that information while looking into Pinbacker?

BANNED

The character also seems to be a shoutout to Alien writer Dan O'Bannon, who also played a character named Pinback in Dark Star that's on the ship under false pretenses.

Amazing Member

interstellar.. everything was awesome till the unknown beings decided to project a three dimensional space in a five dimensional world

Perfume....Excellent cast, excellent film, yet the final 10 minutes or so ruin the entire film. I've heard it makes sense in the book, but it came off as ridiculous on-screen.

And I'll agree with No Country for Old Men, for the same reasons a couple people on this thread mentioned.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I know the version I saw had him end up back with his Asian girlfriend (Knives?), basically realizing Ramona was bad news, but then he reset *again* and ended up with Ramona. I thought it should have ended with the first good ending. I know I were to watch the movie again, that's where I would stop it.
    Knives becomes a cooler, better person than Scott. She matures beyond him. Scott and Knives ending up together is bad news for Knives and doesn't make sense for her character.
    Something people didn't really get from either graphic novel series or the movie was that Scott and Ramona weren't meant to be good people. Scott is not a good person. Neither is Ramona. They aren't monsters but they aren't people you want to be friends with. Scott becomes a little more aware of his flaws in the story-arc. The two of them moving to a new place together actually is co-dependent but better for them to be able to grow as people (for Scott especially good to get away from his support system which he used to retard his own growth).

It's not entirely terrible, but it certainly is disappointing. I was loving Edgar Wright's The World's End until the apocalypse. The whole movie nailed everything up to the departure of the aliens. The slow character revelations are comprehensively brutal in the best way, Gary's speech in defense of humanity's right to be screw-ups is perfect, but everything after that seems half-baked and unimportant. Wright & Co. just don't seem much interested in it, and consequently neither am I.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Perfume....Excellent cast, excellent film, yet the final 10 minutes or so ruin the entire film. I've heard it makes sense in the book, but it came off as ridiculous on-screen.

And I'll agree with No Country for Old Men, for the same reasons a couple people on this thread mentioned.
    The ending of Perfume is great, as well as being one of the best parts of the whole thing. There's also nothing wrong with the ending of No Country for Old Men, that ending is pretty great too.