Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I found it a pretty ho-hum filler issue. The blurb for issue 14 already speaks to the finally of issue #13.
    Ho-hum for a Lazarus issue is pretty darn good.. Which it was. I would probably say this was my favorite issue of the Conclave arc so far. The poker game scene was really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I don't think Malcolm is as bad as Hock but I think he's still a heartless monster. Yes he might care for others in his own way but that only lasts as long as you have something of value to offer. After that you're just waste in his eyes.
    I remember an interview of Greg Rucka saying that the relationship between Forever and Malcolm Carlyle was more complex than one might think. Malcolm is kind of harsh and unforgiving but he isn't heartless. He doesn't take pleasure in seeing people suffering around him although he wouldn't hesitate to inflict pain when necessary.
    Does he love Forever, who knows? I think he doesn't even know himself. When asked he answers that she's just an object, a tool but when you look how he acts sometimes (issue #13 for instance) you know there is more to it.
    "If I wanted smooth,I'd be with Hal Jordan."

Yea after reading this issue, I'd lean more towards him actually caring for her. Is he playing a game? Does he actually mean it? Tough to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoeus View Post
    I remember an interview of Greg Rucka saying that the relationship between Forever and Malcolm Carlyle was more complex than one might think. Malcolm is kind of harsh and unforgiving but he isn't heartless. He doesn't take pleasure in seeing people suffering around him although he wouldn't hesitate to inflict pain when necessary.
    Does he love Forever, who knows? I think he doesn't even know himself. When asked he answers that she's just an object, a tool but when you look how he acts sometimes (issue #13 for instance) you know there is more to it.
    I can't tell yet if he acts certain ways with her because he cares, or just to keep her sharp and focused.

As I said, I think Malcolm doesn't even know himself how he feels about Eve. Their relationship might have started as a lie but the way it evolved is something he cannot control; it's organic...

Another fantastic issue.

Anyone knows which families do Wening (brunette with the cigar) and Bir Chikku Mehta (drunky guy not playing poker) represent?

What a great issue. There were a few things that really stood out to me and one was that Lazari is officially plural for Lazarus. So thanks Mr. Rucka because I felt kinda dumb trying to figure out that might be spelled. Two Forever maybe even more different/special than the rest of the Lazari. The grrr angry Mueller was new and selected after his service in the military plus Alimah seemed to be a Lazarus in training but not that much younger than everyone else. I always assumed that the process started way young like Forever but that may not be the case.

Also I need to know more about Jiaolong Li. He seemed to be extremely dangerous and I would like to see the guy be unleashed. That whole scene was great and the one that followed really showed the camaraderie between them all. I feel like it's going to really tug on the heart strings when or if we see them fight against each other. I could see the fellowship that they share actually evolve into a family if they ever had the chance.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

It is pretty crazy that none of the Lazari would hesitate to chop each other's heads off (with one or two exceptions), but don't necessarily hate each other like their families might. Jiaolong Li definitely seems like he is extremely dangerous.

I think that's the point of the scene. There is no tension if the people you've got to kill are strangers. Rucka set up the issue so that we care about the Lazari and the bond between them; it's going to be really difficult to see them kill each other. I got a bad feeling about the February issue; I expect a death-match between Forever and Sonja Bittner, why else would Rucka spend so much time showing how close and friendly they are?
    Last edited by Typhoeus; 11-28-2014 at 09:38 AM.

I think that the point of the scene. There is no tension if the people you've got to kill are strangers. Rucka set up the issue so that we care about the Lazari and the bond between them; it's going to be really difficult to see them kill each other. I got a bad feeling about the February issue; I expect a death-match between Forever and Sonja Bittner, why else would Rucka spend so much time showing are close and friendly they are?
    Totally agreed. Her business with Joaquin probably won't end well either.

OH, NO! Not Joa-Eve (that's my favorite ship)! Please let's hope we never get to that. It would break my heart

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It is pretty crazy that none of the Lazari would hesitate to chop each other's heads off (with one or two exceptions), but don't necessarily hate each other like their families might. Jiaolong Li definitely seems like he is extremely dangerous.

He held no punches in that poker game, great dialogue in that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yea after reading this issue, I'd lean more towards him actually caring for her. Is he playing a game? Does he actually mean it? Tough to tell.
    Yeah it really is.
    In this issue he is really sweet to Forever. He makes Bethany apologize and gives her a kiss on the forehead. It really looks like he does care for her but then you remember the things he was saying when Forever was not present.
    It will be really interesting to find out if all this is all real or if it is just a game to keep her on his side.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Zeferino: "You have no idea what Jiaolong can do."
    What might be the powers of Jiaolong (beside being a living super-computer)? Any ideas?

I think that's the point of the scene. There is no tension if the people you've got to kill are strangers. Rucka set up the issue so that we care about the Lazari and the bond between them; it's going to be really difficult to see them kill each other. I got a bad feeling about the February issue; I expect a death-match between Forever and Sonja Bittner, why else would Rucka spend so much time showing how close and friendly they are?
    Even though that match will probably look incredible I'm definitely dreading the heartbreak that will follow. I wonder how this loyalty will affect Forever. Will it start to break her, make her a darker version or will it separate her from her family?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider