Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Everyone Should But Everyone Is Not.

Not too happy with this choice. In a perfect world it would be Kevin Grievoux. Perfect voice. Perfect look. Great acting skills. And Comicbook writer to top it off.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 11-24-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Brilliant, very acclaimed actor. Excited out of my mind I was, merely by the fact that Apocalypse was actually cast. Biggest role TO cast in the film, I'd argue, seeing as Hank, Raven, Charles and Eric are all already done, cast, and I'm just not sure how important Ororo, Scott, Pietro (cast) and Jean would be, or others.

Hope he does very well in the role. Sadly, only know him as Outcome #3, according to IMDB, in of The Bourne Legacy. Know he was in Inside Llewyn Davis, is in The Force Awakens, which I might get to know him more from, but will see whether that mystery role, or Apocalypse, leave a more lasting impression.

And, was thinking people'd be happier, considering Oscars' skin colour, but most are, bar a few.

Hopefully he can stand alongside Kevin Bacons' Sebastian Shaw, Michael Fassbenders' Magneto, Ian McKellens' Magneto, or Brian Coxs' William Stryker, as one of the greats, in X-Men film villains.
    ORORO? Who the hell is that? I think you mean Storm!

As for this pick...honestly, I'm not sure what to expect. The X-Men movies have been kind of a rollercoaster for me. It's nearly nothing like the comics, but there have been some great movies. The actors they have picked haven't always worked out IMO (James Marsden, Famke Janssen, Halle Berry), but there have been actors that really took me by surprise (James McAvoy, Rebecca Romijn, Hugh Jackman).

Oscar Isaac can go either way, to be honest, but I hope he is good as En Sabah Nur, pre and post Apocalypse transformation.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Left field choice but a good one. Hopefully this movie maintains the standard First Class and Days of Future Past set. They doing it best outside the MCU by far.
    Far out.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    The reverse racism that has been taking place on these boards lately is not only inappropriate but rude and pigheaded. I hope it stops soon. Everyone should be treated equally, no matter what skin color they are.
    The problem is, when 90% of roles go to white actors even if the roles are written with minorities in mind and 95% of TV, film, and books revolve around white protagonists (and thus don't reflect real populations -- words and art are windows of interpreting, communicating with, and expressing reality), then no, not everyone is treated equally. And it's often the case that white audiences take white representation for granted, whereas minority viewers marvel and connect with minority representation (even at toddler ages) because then there's someone who looks like them and can connect with them. The number of black girls inspired by Halle Berry as Storm is countless, as were the number of Asian kids inspired by Russell from Up or several of the cast in Big Hero 6. If that effect is invisible to you, then you're taking the value of your own media representation for granted. There's a lot of systemic depowerment out there for minorities (take your pick: disproportionate incarceration, deportation, glass ceilings, income inequality, education gaps, segregation, etc.), so seeing representations -- especially empowering, heroic representations -- in fantasy and escapism almost always has the opposite effect; after all, studies show that media representation works well for the growth and development of white male children.

And even if it's a villain, if it's a well-written villain with awesome depth, that too can be a positive; put in a good performance and you'll give people a good experience - Ian McKellan as Magneto definitely has his fans, even if very few agree with the character's methods. But if you're a person of color putting in a good performance, you're also making a stand, saying that other actors just like you are viable, talented actors who deserve to work and a chance to shine, like Idris Elba, who often goes steps up and goes to bat for other black actors, or Ricardo Montalban, who established an org dedicated to teaching and supporting Latino actors. But they're also the anomalies when one looks at the grand scale of Hollywood history, from the beginning to present day.
    Last edited by Cyke; 11-24-2014 at 11:01 PM.

where the hell is the Ororo casting?

The reverse racism that has been taking place on these boards lately is not only inappropriate but rude and pigheaded. I hope it stops soon. Everyone should be treated equally, no matter what skin color they are.

Now anyways with the casting - I have heard of Issac, but I am not familiar with his style. As long as Apocalypse's portrayal is as great as his portrayal in X-Men Legends II (Arguably his best showing) I have no complaints.
    I always advocate "cast the best actor for the job". I have no problem with race or gender changing (or in theory sexuality NOT that LGBT ever feature in superhero films). The films aren't the comics; so change away. It is sadly disheartening to see some posters defend Heimdell and Johnny Storm casting; yet STILL complain about Sunspot and Apocalypse. Considering how few Latinos make it into superhero movies; you'd think those posters would be a little but more supportive.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 11-25-2014 at 01:04 AM.

All-New Member

I'm not happy either about they're choice!!!
    Teal'c would've been better! He doesn't even need make up for the role of Apocalypse!

Teal'c.jpg

Not very familiar with this guy's work. But I don't think the success of any X-men movie will be built on who plays Apocalypse. It'll be built on whether or not Fox can make a decent X-men movie without focusing on Wolverine or completely negating several characters for the sake of another. They've yet to show they can do that and until that changes, it really doesn't matter who plays Apocalypse.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So I'm guessing if you have to be Egyptian to portray Apocalypse, you have to be a robot to portray Ultron. Ugh.

Trevor Slattery would've made a great Apocalypse.

I hate to be that guy but what great Egyptian actor would all the white wash alarmists have cast for this role? Everyone complains but is there really an acomplished Egyptian actor out there that deserved this role of do you just want them to hire any ol actor who's the right color and nationality?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Not very familiar with this guy's work. But I don't think the success of any X-men movie will be built on who plays Apocalypse. It'll be built on whether or not Fox can make a decent X-men movie without focusing on Wolverine or completely negating several characters for the sake of another. They've yet to show they can do that and until that changes, it really doesn't matter who plays Apocalypse.
    Your right they haven't done that unless you count First Class and DOFP. But hey two movies that don't focus on Wolverine don't count right. Or is that what your second condition is about because like most Fox not focusing on Wolverine just makes you complain about who they focused on next. After all it's not like a movie needs to focus on a character after all Ironman totally didn't get anymore focus in the avengers than any other characters.

BANNED

Now anyways with the casting - I have heard of Issac, but I am not familiar with his style. As long as Apocalypse's portrayal is as great as his portrayal in X-Men Legends II (Arguably his best showing) I have no complaints.
    Not trying to start an argument here but "reverse racism" does not exist. Nothing is inappropriate about wanting a believable actor playing someone of another race. It makes sense, Apocalypse is from ancient Egypt. If a white guy was cast it would be wrong, it doesn't matter if he's good at it or not it's just wrong. There's no "racism". Minority characters should be played by minorities, not white actors. Though I don't care if white characters are played by minority actors. Still, no reverse racism, that is a non existent thing, all of that is made up.

An Egyptian living in ancient Egypt isn't a minority character.

I don't mean to be anal about it, but this americanocentric habit of calling people minorities in their own stomping grounds just gives me the creeps.