Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Michelle MacLaren Signs to Develop and Direct 'Wonder Woman' Movie

Michelle MacLaren Signs to Develop and Direct 'Wonder Woman' Movie (Exclusive)
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-direct-752055

Michelle MacLaren has signed on to develop and direct Wonder Woman, Warner Bros’ big-screen take on the iconic DC character.
    According to insiders, MacLaren will work with the project’s writers, which remain unnamed at this stage, to lasso together a script for the project, which would star Gal Gadot. Gadot will make her debut as the heroine in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
    Charles Roven, Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder are among those producing the movie, which has a June 23, 2017 release date.
    Charles Roven, Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder are among those producing the movie
    Last edited by Blacksun; 11-24-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Oh i get it... They got a female director because WW is a woman. Will they get a black director for Cyborg?

And no i have nothing against this director, it's the "gimmickiness" of it that grinds my gears. Let's see if they even consider a woman to direct their other future standalone movies.

Yeeeees!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Oh i get it... They got a female director because WW is a woman. Will they get a black director for Cyborg?

And no i have nothing against this director, it's the "gimmickiness" of it that grinds my gears. Let's see if they even consider a woman to direct their other future standalone movies.
    that's a rather large assumption to make considering several other WW films have been teed up by men over the years and failed. Personally I have no problem with the mentality that having a female director is essential to a character so steeped in female issues. No I don't think it's impossible for a man to do an amazing job with the character, Ang Lee was brilliant with Brokeback Mountain, and I'm pretty sure he's not gay (he's married to a woman at least), but it seems logical to hire someone who can bring their own female perspective to a movie about the most iconic female hero in the world.

She directed the season 4 finale of Walking Dead, which I felt was perhaps the strongest finale in the show's run thus far. That's pretty much all I know of her, but its at least a positive.

They should cast Andrew Lincoln as Steve Trevor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post

I think she have good credits, worked on hor shows. There is many female directors that could direct another movies.

now one thing that called my atention is that she worked on game of thrones a tv show that invented rapes that doesn't exist on the books and the dark tone of the shows she worked. I hope there isn't rape on WW movie and it won't be sooo dark.

seems like she will have creative control of script, casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I think she have good credits, worked on hor shows. There is many female directors that could direct another movies.

now one thing that called my atention is that she worked on game of thrones a tv show that invented rapes that doesn't exist on the books and the dark tone of the shows she worked. I hope there isn't rape on WW movie and it won't be sooo dark.

seems like she will have creative control of script, casting.
    GoT books are very dark ... the author is also involved with the TV show so I think a lot of that is part of his vision as well and fits the overall world he built. But Hippolyta's rape is a very real possibility if they choose to explore that origin story.

Astonishing Member

Hmm, I want to be excited, but WB has left me jaded.

I like the idea of having a woman in charge. That's not to say that men can't do women well; they can, have, and will. But other efforts to jump start WW haven't taken off, so maybe a women's touch can find some magic ingredients.

McLaren's resume has some nice shows (Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad), but, according to IMDB, she's only done a few episodes each and nothing even near as big as this.

Still, a first time for everything. Hopefully, she (and the crew) create wonders. Best of luck.
    Last edited by Awonder; 11-24-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Woot!

I think she's going to be a very good choice, and I don't think "because she's a woman" will be the reason why she's a good choice, either. She's clearly a highly talented director, having worked on three highly popular and successful TV shows in recent history.

Until and unless I start hearing about her doing some really "out there" kind of things, color me optimistic!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

The Game of Thrones director? Does this mean we'll get sexposition and gratuitous violence?

She's worked on Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad. In BB, she directed the train heist episode so she's very talented for sure. Very exciting news

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    The Game of Thrones director? Does this mean we'll get sexposition and gratuitous violence?
    Game of Thrones is an HBO show, marketed toward adults, primarily.

DC's movies will be marketed to just about every age group.

I think it's safe to say that there won't be anything in this movie that warrants more than a PG-13 rating.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    GoT books are very dark ... the author is also involved with the TV show so I think a lot of that is part of his vision as well and fits the overall world he built. But Hippolyta's rape is a very real possibility if they choose to explore that origin story.
    I hope not, I can do without a rape in a superhero movie, specially a female one;

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Well they are going with the Demi-god story of WW (Azzerello and Chiang) and not the Hippoylta raped by Hercules (Perez). The rape and subjugation of the amazons will probably not be in this film series.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Well they are going with the Demi-god story of WW (Azzerello and Chiang) and not the Hippoylta raped by Hercules (Perez). The rape and subjugation of the amazons will probably not be in this film series.
    These are not mutually exclusive. I don't want to see a rape scene either, of any sex, but just because we know they are going with the Demigod origin doesn't mean the other didn't happen.