Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Michelle MacLaren to Direct & Develop "Wonder Woman" Film

Michelle MacLaren has signed on to both direct and develop Warner Bros. upcoming "Wonder Woman" film starring Gal Gadot.

Full article here.

BANNED

I'm not a Wonder Woman fan, but I LOVE GOT!!!!! So this is good news.

That's really excellent news. They couldn't do much better. I'm very happy to see a woman taking the reins on this project, and one with such an impressive and fitting background to boot.

BANNED

Yep actually gives u some confidence in DC.

I haven't been excited for this movie, mostly because I don't care at all for WW, but with this resume at least the directing is gonna be pretty good.

I'd be excited if only Gal Gadot were better. I haven't seen Gadot display an ounce of charisma in any role, so it doesn't matter who directs her.

I don't really care if it's a Female or male directing it, i just hope it's great... those are some awesome TV series she's directed on, hopefully it turns out great. There's an immense responsibility to make this film amazing for a variety of reasons. How it turns out, we shall see.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

They should have hired MacLaren first so she could have a say in the lead, but hopefully she's happy with Gadot. I think this is a smart PR move and could lead to a more interesting movie too.

I wonder if this will influence Captain Marvel at all.

I'm still not sold on Gadot, but that's just because I haven't seen her in anything. I'm hopeful though
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Spectacular Member MagnarTheGreat's Avatar

Gal Gadot is unproven and so is the quality of that Dawn of Justice movie, but this is a solid hire.

BANNED

I don't know, I've seen a lot of announcements and rumors like this over the years, at this point I'm just not expecting much.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pow! View Post
    They should have hired MacLaren first so she could have a say in the lead, but hopefully she's happy with Gadot. I think this is a smart PR move and could lead to a more interesting movie too.
    Do you mean, have the Wonder Woman director done first, then the actor, then do what they're doing with DOJ and JL all the same?

Well, for all we know, the JL/DOJ director, Snyder, had a say, with her, but hopefully it turns out well.

Hopefully she works as an actor, and am happy with this directing choice, from the two shows, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones, I've seen her direct.

Wonder which'll get more buzz? The Apocalypse casting, for X-Men, or the Wonder Woman director hiring, for WW?

I didn't know who she was but seeing she was involved with The X-Files and GOT (I haven't seen BB yet) that makes me excited! At this point I was nothing but skeptical about Gal Gadot, but this director can certainly change that!

Alexander (not)Luthor Jr AlexG.'s Avatar
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground (My house)

Even though I haven't seen any of the shows she's directed (blasphemy, I know!), based on the critical reception they have, I'd say that's a good pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Wonder which'll get more buzz? The Apocalypse casting, for X-Men, or the Wonder Woman director hiring, for WW?
    If you mean positive buzz, I don't know (probably the Apocalypse casting since people online, IMO, get more excited when actors are announced rather than directors). If you mean negative buzz, then both, since they're not Marvel Studios announcements!

Amazing Member

Based on the Israeli shows I saw Gardot in, I have a feeling she's going to do fine. The addition of MacLaren as dir. AND dveloper (a very big deal here, guys) means we're getting a cohesive vision. Hopefully the monkey suits at WB can leave her alone to make it happen.