Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    We've got a director. We've got an actress that's committed to the character. This movie is going to have less and less excuses not to be awesome. My only concern is that MacLaren seems to specialize more in directing TV shows rather than movies. Sometimes that doesn't translate well. Let's hope that doesn't hinder this movie. We saw how much movies like Catwoman and Elektra set back female characters. If a Wonder Woman movie bombs, then it'll be a long time before someone tries it again. The stakes really are that high.
    It'll be one year. I doubt Captain Marvel gets cancelled if Wonder Woman bombs. If they both bomb...

Was not Thor the dark world done by people who did GOT?

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Hiring Michelle does not mean anything to me, so unless the trailers and initial footage look bad, I'll see it. That was the plan anyway.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Ultimate Member

Whedon was primarily a TV guy, and yet The Avengers was a huge success and Age of Ultron is getting HUGE early buzz. The Russo's were primarily TV guys, their previous filmography was hardly impressive, and yet they nailed The Winter Soldier. And MacLaren has been involved in some of the more "cinematic" TV shows out there. Game of Thrones is one of the most visually impressive TV shows ever and it looks a lot better than many movies that come out each year. And Breaking Bad/The Walking Dead, while smaller in scale, still have a cinematic feel to them. Could this not work out, sure. But going by her previous history, I'm optimistic.

I also have to applaud WB's choice of directors so far. Having seen David Ayer's previous work, he seems like a fantastic choice to direct Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Whedon was primarily a TV guy, and yet The Avengers was a huge success and Age of Ultron is getting HUGE early buzz. The Russo's were primarily TV guys, their previous filmography was hardly impressive, and yet they nailed The Winter Soldier. And MacLaren has been involved in some of the more "cinematic" TV shows out there. Game of Thrones is one of the most visually impressive TV shows ever and it looks a lot better than many movies that come out each year. And Breaking Bad/The Walking Dead, while smaller in scale, still have a cinematic feel to them. Could this not work out, sure. But going by her previous history, I'm optimistic.

I also have to applaud WB's choice of directors so far. Having seen David Ayer's previous work, he seems like a fantastic choice to direct Suicide Squad.
    Don't forget James Gunn, he didn't have all that much under his directorial credits before taking on Guardians and that's been incredibly successful.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by PennyD View Post
    Was not Thor the dark world done by people who did GOT?
    Well, one of the directors of Thrones, Alan Taylor, Terminator: Genisys director, did that, yep.