View Poll Results: Which Actress/Actor should play Storm/Ororo Munroe?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lupita Nyong'o

13 13.13%
  • Danai Gurira

6 6.06%
  • Angela Bassett

50 50.51%
  • RuPaul

10 10.10%
  • Tyra Banks

2 2.02%
  • Zoe Saldana

2 2.02%
  • Halle Berry

5 5.05%
  • Yaya DeCosta

1 1.01%
  • Kerry

3 3.03%
  • Other

7 7.07%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tina Turner is the closest thing to Storm that has ever been. She commands respect, is extremely real, but insanely fierce - all of the things that Storm is too.

Angela Bassett could play Storm today and Tina could be Storm in the future. Just watch Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and tell me you don't see Storm. Or watch Tina in the music video Goldeneye. She's got a cape and everything.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Strange Days is effectively a Gambit/Storm buddy pic and its criminal Fox couldn't get their shit together earlier to make Angela Bassett-Storm happen.

I was out there looking for pictures of this character for my Angela Basset-as-Storm endorsement, but you beat me to it.

A thousand times, yes!

"Is this the monorail?" Sorceress Supreme!'s Avatar

While I don't think she has the strength of the Storm (or the height), Vanessa Williams is always how I pictured Storm looking physically, especially her beautiful face. I think she always carries herself with that air of regality and class that Storm has.

Vanessa even comes with blue eyes and a widow's peak! She does a fine Storm audition in the 90's The Odyssey, as Calypso.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=125OQzndK38#t=6252

She starts at 1:44:12 if the time link doesn't work for any reason.

Somewhere between Vanessa and Angela(in their prime years ago) is a perfect(for Hollywood) Storm, except for the height. Camera tricks could work for that too, though.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I feel sort of proud no one has voted for Zoe Saldana

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress Supreme! View Post
    While I don't think she has the strength of the Storm (or the height), Vanessa Williams is always how I pictured Storm looking physically, especially her beautiful face. I think she always carries herself with that air of regality and class that Storm has.

Very true. And she has always been a regal beauty.

BANNED

Halle Berry had to nag so much to obtain only a few very brief scenes while playing the #1 X-Man! I can only imagine how little screen time another actress would have had. If you've never read 80s X-Men, I can only imagine what you must think watching the movies. Like she's just another wallpaper prop.

Fantastic Member

Angela Bassett would have been the ideal choice. I could also picture Aisha Tyler or Christine Adams playing the part.

Spectacular Member just-my-2cents's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Angela's the only one on the list who has charisma to rip a bitch's heart with her bare hands.

Runners up: Grace Jones, Gabourey Sidibe, RuPaul, Quvenzhané Wallis.
    Angela no question. as for the bolded amm no.......and that me being polite.

Angela can still play Storm. They will recast these characters many times and I would love an awesome portrayal of Storm at least once. A more mature Ororo can work and I would like to see Angela as Storm next to Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman and Ian McKellen. I believe she would steal the movie even with as much talent as they have.

Easily...Gina Torres. Same height and everything. And she could still play her if they rebooted the franchise. She's also used to acting in these type of movies. She's a good actress, and she's 5'10"

Richard Alexander

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress Supreme! View Post
    Nice catch. I did not even think of Ms. Williams...
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Spectacular Member just-my-2cents's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Easily...Gina Torres. Same height and everything. And she could still play her if they rebooted the franchise. She's also used to acting in these type of movies. She's a good actress, and she's 5'10"

I did not know her name,however years ago i thought the same but no one touches Angie B

Angela Bassett would have/could be such an awesome Storm. She's fierce and charismatic and regal. I didn't even think of Gina (such a bad Firefly fan!), but she'd be good, too.

Although I'd hate to subject either of them to the wallpaper status Storm has been given in the movies.

Ultimate Member

Gina Torres is awesome, but I think I'd rather see her as Monica Rambeau, as long as I'm just unrealistically dreaming here.