View Poll Results: Which Actress/Actor should play Storm/Ororo Munroe?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lupita Nyong'o

13 13.13%
  • Danai Gurira

6 6.06%
  • Angela Bassett

50 50.51%
  • RuPaul

10 10.10%
  • Tyra Banks

2 2.02%
  • Zoe Saldana

2 2.02%
  • Halle Berry

5 5.05%
  • Yaya DeCosta

1 1.01%
  • Kerry

3 3.03%
  • Other

7 7.07%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I like her too, but I can't see her as Ororo. Maybe because most of the roles I've seen her in are as the wicked villainess.
    Have you seen her as Calypso in the Odyssey? She was one of my faves for the role back in middle school.

These days I would go to Kenya and find a newbie. Who was Hugh Jackman when X1 came out? Sometimes its better to get someone with no other associations so the audience can just see them as the character.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

As long as her acting is good that would do, but Storm is very beautiful and sorry to say but I want a young version of her in her 20ths
    This way she can play the part in up coming movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Have you seen her as Calypso in the Odyssey? She was one of my faves for the role back in middle school.

These days I would go to Kenya and find a newbie. Who was Hugh Jackman when X1 came out? Sometimes its better to get someone with no other associations so the audience can just see them as the character.
    You are actually right. Why cant they make an audition there to get the right one to play as Storm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

I have. She was really good in that role. I also loved her in Ugly Betty and 666 Park Avenue...sigh, I miss seeing Vanessa Williams weekly on my TV screen.

I'd be totally for a new actress as well as long as she is talented and has the look of Ororo.

Having got into the comics from the movies Halle IS Storm. If I had to choose from of the other options I'd pick Lupita though.

Since I was a child I always thought that RuPaul embodied the over the top amazon leader of the X-Men. Specially in the cartoon.

Such a drama diva:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fz93UFClpo

On a serious note, I didn't hate Halle's Storm but would have loved someone taller, darker and tougher then her. Angela Bassat would have been cool indeed.

BANNED

Also yogaflame as Storm.

Fantastic Member

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

I suppose it's appropriate that Angela Bassett won, considering her Black Panther character looks so much like Storm.

I realize there are characters in Black Panther comics with white hair (or at least this one character), but... My first thought is Storm whenever I see her.

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007