Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This show has run its course, unfortunately. Loved Murder House. Liked Asylum quite a bit. Coven was hot and cold for me...it seemed like it would hit a stride and then go off the rails for a week or two. Freak Show is borderline unwatchable for me...I feel like I'm forcing myself to finish it...been watching on demand an have a couple more to go. Twisty was awesome and really dug him as a creepy ass nut job. Great cast yet again...but spotty writing and execution overall. I'll finish the season, but I'm not in a hurry to do it.

A lot of hate for the season ITT. Mostly for "lack of direction", which never bothered me. The season was like a nice character study, I will remember this seasons characters much more fondly than Coven's. Dandy's actor was insanely talented. The finale hit all the marks for me. I just hope that they make next season more supernatural heavy, after this year only having one supernatural element, Edward Mordrake.

Quote Originally Posted by HankSantana View Post
    A lot of hate for the season ITT. Mostly for "lack of direction", which never bothered me. The season was like a nice character study, I will remember this seasons characters much more fondly than Coven's. Dandy's actor was insanely talented. The finale hit all the marks for me. I just hope that they make next season more supernatural heavy, after this year only having one supernatural element, Edward Mordrake.
    Agreed about the guy playing Dandy...very good. One of the few high points of this season, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett, and Lily Rabe were awesome in Coven. The season was very uneven and messy, but those three really make the show worth seeing. Lange's character is just like Emma and Bassett's character is just like Storm!
    OH. MY. GOD!!! SOLD!!! That sounds incredible! (damn Schisms would have been so good if it was between those two!)

Extraordinary Member

You're in for a treat.

Any speculation on what the next season will feature? I heard it may be a school?

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    You're in for a treat.

Any speculation on what the next season will feature? I heard it may be a school?
    I heard stuff about aliens, cornfields, Alabama/Roswell/children of the corn; BUT I'd much rather a school (kids are creeeeeeeeppy in horror films).

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It has to be better than this season. Too many episodes , too many dumb twists. They should have done this season with 8 episodes and told a more better story. The only good parts was Dandy , the killer clown , and the guy trying to scam everyone and leading to the deaths of a few characters. Those were the best ones.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

You cats are some Debbie Downers.

- The episode that laid out how Pepper wound up in the asylum is one of the best hours of television ever.
    - Danny Huston and Jessica Lange should, at the very least, get Emmy nominations.
    - Deciding to end the show with a shot that copped the end of the video for "Life On Mars" was brilliant.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

season 1 was good and got me a few times
    season 2 Hated it. not mad just did not care for it.
    Season 3 my fav so far rewatched it 4 times not very scary just fun
    Season 4- The story bored me and I'm giving up
    See you next season.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 01-23-2015 at 11:02 PM.

BANNED

to his/her own but this...
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    - The episode that laid out how Pepper wound up in the asylum is one of the best hours of television ever.

THe 1st season was my favorite but it has dropped off a bit in quality each season, gave up on season 4 before the end.

Maybe season 5 will be better, with Lange no longer part of the show. She's a great actress but it seemed like the show revolved more and more around her character(s) as the seasons progressed, to the show's detriment.

I also think having two many characters too juggle has become an issue in recent seasons. Murder House had a fairly small cast in comparison to this season, or at least it feels that way to me.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    the title of this seasons crapfest should have been AHS: random sh*t happens

isn't that what the series' about? First season had characters coming and going until they took a page from Beetlejuice and ended. 2nd season had a serial killer(s), Anne Frank, mutant cannibal monsters in the woods, demonic possesion, alien abduction, angel of death, mad scientist, and who know what else!!! Gave up on Coven at around 3rd or 4th episode. Freak Show was kinda consistent in comparing to the other seasons

What made FS work was ripping/homage Black Sabbath's classic tune... too bad they didn't use it in some episodes (which were the weaker ones, of course)

BANNED

This season was great to excellent, I would tie it for 2nd place with Asylum.

Coven was absolute garbage, so anything was going to be better in this season coming off of that trash, but they really nailed a lot of things. Some aspects felt rushed because they changed how many episodes would be in the 2nd half, but AHS has for every season gone awry towards the end. Freak Show managed to stem the haywire system, so that's even better.

Murder House > Asylum = Freak Show > Coven

From reports I have known around the season, Lange and Rabe will not be in the show anymore. They need to completely lock down Finn Wittrock for this series as he was a smash hit, standout star.

For awards nominations, this was a weak season for Lange, should not be nominated.
    Paulson should be nominated for Supporting Actress, she was great for once, and she's been nominated for worse.
    Wittrock really has to be nominated for Supporting Actor, he hit a home run.

Wes Bentley was amazing in his special appearance, and Neil Patrick Harris was good in his role as well.

This season was very uneven. It started off very well then they killed off Twisty. From there the series just meandered with some interesting stuff here and there, but overall blah. The episode focusing on Pepper was great. Bringing Neil Patrick Harris in was a breath of fresh air. He injected some great energy into the show and it generally got scarier again with him and the dummy. The ending wrapped up pretty damn well and fittingly with no real loose ends.

Coven started off strong and became a huge disappointment, especially as someone who researches Vodou lore, etc. I don't even wanna bother to rewatch any of it again.

Season 2 was my favorite except for the pointless Alien storyline that went absolutely nowhere.

Season 1 had the best structure of them all. Seems after season 1, the seasons just go all over the damn place.

Bumping an age old thread because this new season is amazing, their best one yet. Between this and Scream Queens, Ryan Murphy owned TV this fall. I didn't know I liked Lady Gaga or sexy vampires until now.