Amazing Member

Default Who buys Miracleman monthly floppies and why?

I usually understand the reason for buying monthly issues of comics, but in the case of Miracleman, which is basically a reprint, I really don't get it.
    We know the books will end up being collected anyways...
    Are the bonuses exclusive to the floppies?

Some folks just like the monthly floppy format more than collected editions.
    Or they dont want to wait for a collection.

Because I want to. I don't really have an answer. I'm also going to buy the PHC as well as any OHC if it collects the entire Original Writer material.

In this day and age, why buy any floppy? We know it will end up collected anyway. What is this reason for buying non reprint floppies? Are there bonuses exclusive to the initial floppy run?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Or they dont want to wait for a collection.
    Yeah, I've been hearing about this book for over a decade.

BANNED

I've been hearing about Miracleman for a long time and I can't wait for a collection. so I get the monthly issues.

strike while the iron is hot.

BANNED

I probably should have waited for the collect but too late now.

I wanted to get the floppies, but then Marvel pulled the trick of not including digital codes for what I find to be ridiculous censorship reasons; which I find really out of touch in this day and age, the book is labeled mature after all :/

I only got the first one just for collecting purposes and am waiting to pick up the hardcovers when they come out.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

I have the originals, and I'm going to be purchasing the HCs. I think for someone who has heard about this book forever, there is an appeal to getting it in your hands as quickly as possibly.

Also, the new coloring is spectacular. I had no issues with the coloring on the Eclipse series-- it was actually quite good for the time-- but this is taking MM to a new level.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, I like buying 'em because I don't want to wear out my original prints. I've enjoyed all the bonus stuff in there, and the new colouring IS sublime. When they get collected, I'll grab the HC versions, too.

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

I started reading the floppies. Ive been hearing about Miracleman for years and years and I think the hype ruined the reading experience for me. It was good but I don't get the level of hype around it.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"

Amazing Member

well... i ended up buying the first 3 floppy issues, just to check the story without paying immediately the hefty price for the hardcover (damn, 30$ for 4 issues :| ), and I think I'll stick to it, I guess. You're right. No real rational reason for the floppy, but I began it now... x)
    Damn you Marvel(man) !

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dark phoenix View Post
    I started reading the floppies. Ive been hearing about Miracleman for years and years and I think the hype ruined the reading experience for me. It was good but I don't get the level of hype around it.
    Well, to be honest, they haven't gotten to the best parts of the story yet. It's those Totleben issues where it truly achieves legendary status.

Because I've heard about it for years and I like floppies. What other reason does anyone need?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum