Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Pym paired up with a new love interest.
    He had something with Tigra and with Firebird, for a while, but I really don't think they're good fits for him. I'm still rooting for him and Jan to one day get together agains, and writers finally being able to forget "the Slap!" and let them find some happiness together However, as this seems unlikey, I'd like to see Hank have a serious and steady relationship with a non-super-herouic woman, maybe a fellow scientist.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    As terrible as what Hank did to Janet, she really has no one else to blame but herself. After all she did technically force Pym into the marriage.
    She could share the blame on the failure of their marriage, but I will never, ever say that she's supposed to blame herself for having been slapped.

And this is coming from a huge Pym Pal. No woman is to blame for being hit. Ever.

Pym wanted to marry her. He had worked up the courage to ask her twice before. Once in the old Tales to Astonish comics, but as he was about to tell her, Jan felt it was a good idea to make him jealous by going to a party and heavily implying that there would be an old flame there who would ask her to marry him. Hank, being the confident man he was, deflated and thought he should forget about the proposal since Jan 'deserved better' than him. So, for that instance, yes she was to blame.

The second time was just before Vision came to attack the Avengers, so his plans were a bit derailed. And yes, she later 'forced' him into marrying her, but he told her later he was glad she did, because that's what he wanted too.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCCoolness View Post
    Their relationship on 1960s Avengers #1 is questionable. Pym is mean to Wasp, and Wasp seems like she has a crush on Thor. What kind of woman would tell her boyfriend how cute another guy is?
    What kind of guy would have a problem with it? People don't become blind when they get married.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    He had something with Tigra and with Firebird, for a while, but I really don't think they're good fits for him. I'm still rooting for him and Jan to one day get together agains, and writers finally being able to forget "the Slap!" and let them find some happiness together However, as this seems unlikey, I'd like to see Hank have a serious and steady relationship with a non-super-herouic woman, maybe a fellow scientist.

Peace
    Technically he's still with Tigra, but it's hard to tell since she hasn't been mentioned at all in Avengers A.I., and I haven't read anything with Tigra in it (I think she made an appearance in She-Hulk...). I like Tigra, but I don't think she helps bring out the 'fun' side of him. I liked Pym in Avengers Academy, but found him a bit boring, and I think Tigra is partly to blame for that.

I'm like you, I wish a decent writer would come along and make Hank and Jan work something out, but I don't think anything of the sort is going to happen. The way Remender has been writing Jan in UA, she would definitely not be good for him anyway. Personally I'd like to see a mature take on Jan, and her reaction to all the things Hank did while she was stuck in the microverse (like all the time and energy he took to try to find her despite all odds, the shelters he put together in her name, etc...)