Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Talking Happy 70th Birthday Christopher S. "Chris" Claremont!!!!!!!!!!!

https://happybday.to/Chris-Claremont
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    A very happy birthday indeed.

This should be an unofficial holiday for all X-men fans.
    Stan Lee and Jack Kirby might have created the X-men,
    but it was Chris Claremont who made them awesome.

He'll never get the respect and credit he deserves for his work.
    His run on X-men is without equal.

For all his contributions, we should all take a moment to give thanks to the man
    who helped make X-men something that inspires so much passion
    and endless debate on message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Happy happy happy birthday, Chris.

Thank you for help me to understand some important things in life. Thank you for make me thrill and laugh and cry.

Thank you for so many X-Men from so many different countries and cultures and beliefs. Thank you for so many female characters (not all of them claremazons!) and for passing the Bechdel Test more than enough.

Thank you for developing Kurt, Ororo, Logan, Piotr, Sean, Scott and Jean so well as if they were your own creations.

Thank you for creating such splendid girls as Kitty, Rogue and Rachel.

Thank you the Morlocks and the New Mutants.

Thank you for putting glasses on Kitty, receding hairline on Forge and 'some new wrinkles in Kurt's eyes'. Thank you for allowing Shan to earn a living. Thank you for trying to establish Raven as Kurt's biological father and Irene as Kurt's biological mother (this is canon for many fans as me).

Thank you for bringing my dearest pure-hearted-terrorist Longshot to X-Men at the very instant of our favorite fuzzy elf's fateful loss (and a little slap on your wrists for all the stories Ann couldn't then write for him). Thank you for making a magnificent villain out from Mojo, for understanding Rita and Spiral, for the X-Babies and all the metaliterature.

Thank you for the supplements of Classic X-Men. Thank you for the perfect 'The Big Dare', the extremely beautiful 'The Gift' and the autobiographical 'Hope'.

Thank you for creating Captain Britain, picking later Moore and Delano's awesome harvest and writing the absolutely wonderful Excalibur.

Thank you for allowing your characters to grow by themselves. Thank you for the unsettling Douglock thing, for Illyana's sad fate, for Piotr's choice during Asgardian Wars and for 'Life-Death' I & II.

Thank you for your esteem towards human characters, as oustanding as supers: Stevie, Tom, Sharon, Dai, Harry, the Stuart Bros., Courtney...

Thank you, Chris, for so many years of joy. We will never be able to pay you back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    You are a treasure to this world. I hope you have a glimpse of how much joy you have brought into generations of fans. Your living legacy and continued honesty, fight against sexism, racism, bland story tellingand poor characterization for so many characterizations will endure and continue to inspire more writers. Thanks and happy birthday. Also thanks for giving Storm your birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    happy birthday chris claremont. thanks for making people take comic books seriously and making people look at comic books as something that can be intellectual and not just silly entertainment for kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Happy Birthday Chris Claremont! Thank you for all your contributions to the larger narrative of racial, social, and queer identities had a spotlight using science fiction as the packaging. Your stories are the canon, hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Happy birthday and thank you for sharing this day with Storm. Thank you for the gift by giving her your birthday. Thank you for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Happy Birthday, Chris!

Thank you for the greatest team of young super heroes ever, The New Mutants! Thank you for all your strong female characters! But above all, thank you for having the courage and genius to give Magneto his identity, history, and Holocaust backstory 35 years ago! Magneto remains the greatest antagonist/anti-hero/villain/sometime hero in all of comics--all due to your creative brilliance!

And yes, I second the plea to the new EinC Cebulski--give Chris Claremont some comics to write!
    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Is their any other comic writer on his level that came of age in the late 70s/early 80s and beyond? Seems to me most writers can make a few new characters that stick around, but he made a whole bunch that is still around to this day.
    Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    My absolutely favorite X-years are my memories of opening Uncanny and New Mutants while he was in charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Mine too, met him a couple of times too in the 80s (helps that we have a mutual friend). He’s always at his most interesting when you get him on to topics other than comics. His Mum delivered planes for the RAF in WWII, for example. And he once fought an imaginary duel, with imaginary swords, and real sound effects, for my imaginary honour, in the lounge of The Adelphi in Liverpool. He got shot with an imaginary gun by Peter Morwood (a la the end of Wizards). Fun times.

BANNED

Going Behind the X With Chris Claremont @CGC Comics (Part 1)

http://sequart.org/movies/4/comics-i...remonts-x-men/

BANNED

Chris Claremont on Creator Compensation & Artist/Writer Relationships (Part 2)

https://blog.gocollect.com/marvel-ap...rsary-special/

Chris Claremont on Creator Compensation & Artist/Writer Relationships (Part 2)

https://blog.gocollect.com/marvel-ap...rsary-special/

Happy birthday!
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    Happy birthday Chris. I love the x-men only because of you. I hope they bring you back to plot the main books.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Happy B-Day to CC. The man who springboarded crazy mutants into the pop-culture icons they are today.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    ♥♥♥Happy Birthday♥♥♥ Here's to the imminent X-Men cancellation so we can all focus on celebrating Claremont's run and Claremont's run only.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Your the greatest of all time CC!
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    All hail Lord Claremont! King of the X-Men! King of Comics!

Happy b-earth day Chris, many thanks for all of your writings!
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Thanks for making the X-Men what they are! Happy Birthday and many more!
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Happy Birthday to the GOAT
    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    The X-Men were invented by Stan Lee, but they were perfected by Chris Claremont
    Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Happy birthday Chris Claremont! X-Men comics are much more boring without you, please come back!
    Chris Claremont Is Back!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Happy Birthday CC! I wish you all the best.

Thank you for Gambit!
    Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Happy birthday cc. Thank you for Gambit my favorite character and such amazing x-men stories
    Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    The happiest of birthdays to CC for creating some of my all-time favorite characters, especially Gambit.
    X-MEN Gambit Funko Pop Entertainment Earth exclusive Unboxing / Uncanny 266 First Gambit appearance

BANNED

What made Chris Claremont leave the X Men comic books?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Happy Birthday Mr. Claremont!
    Thanks for all the stories and the greatest hero of all time, Rogue!

I liked that Claremont had Professor X made Rogue an X-man...

BANNED

...and that Binary DIDN'T like it

I liked that Claremont had Professor X made Rogue an X-man...
    Certainly easier to trust someone when you are a telepath… But hard to convince people around you.

Happy birthday, author of so many wonderful stories! (Some of them, I still don’t have read yet… )
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

To me, in the MCU Professor X is to be substituted for the non-mutant telepath and martial artist Moondragon who is to sense that the MCU Rogue wants redemption. Man-o-man I really-really-really wish that the MCU X-men super hero team will have members with the Claremont characterization and that eventual X-men members like Beast, Wolverine, Dazzler, Rogue, Longshot and Remy will have their own live action Disney+ series

BANNED

Chris Claremont on why X-Men is "heartbreakingly more relevant than ever" https://www.gamesradar.com/chris-cla...resent-future/

For what it's worth, I'll always love the dialogue Claremont wrote for each & every character that he worked on...

BANNED

100% in agreement!