Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default First issue of Wonder Woman in "Convergence" is about mod-era Diana Prince

WONDER WOMAN

Writer: Larry Hama
    Art and Color: Josh Middleton

White-jumpsuit-clad Diana Prince is in the grips of a Domesday cult when her lover Steve Trevor leaps into the fray to save Etta Candy from vampires of Red Rain.

https://www.nerdist.com/2014/11/excl...e-mini-series/

Josh Middleton on art, that's cool.

Larry Hama was the writer of G.I. Joe, so I guess he has experience writting secret agent stuff.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 11-25-2014 at 07:26 AM.

BANNED

*Facepalm* DC was clearly wanting to avoid other WW incarnations and choose the worst possible

ok it has steve trevor as ww lover (lol at lover), so it gain some points with me. they probably won't even interact that much
    Last edited by Blacksun; 11-25-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm torn on this one. The art looks terrible from the cover and I'm not a huge fan of powerless Wonder Woman but I do the like the idea of Pre-Crisis Steve and Etta appearing. I guess I'll wait and see what the preview looks like. What could win me over is if the cult mentioned in the solicit is Zara's Cult of the Crimson Flame.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I find this news terribly disappointing.

Regardless of where you stand on the Azz reboot, it's pretty clear that it divided the fanbase and that there are those who miss the 'old Diana.'

This would have been DC's chance to toss them a bone, so to speak - to show them the pre-Flashpoint Wonder Woman that they miss. The whole idea of convergence has been a retro-throwback to an era that current fans probably remember/collected, yet for Diana we get something that's over 40 years old.

Really? The one version of Diana we all want to forget?

Am I missing something? I don't see anything on this link other than the one-sentence solicit ... not even art for WW ...

I don't see any art for WW either.

I've only read a couple of Di Prince-era issues. I'm not sure what my stance is on that. But I'll probably sample anything that features Diana/Steve/Etta. We haven't even gotten Steve in Sensation yet.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Wonder Woman's worst incarnation ever? No powers? Just Diana trying real hard to be Emma Peel?

Yup. I'll be giving this one a miss.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Am I missing something? I don't see anything on this link other than the one-sentence solicit ... not even art for WW ...

Here's the art from Newsarama:

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Here's the art from Newsarama:

thanks! Not loving this ... her face looks like someone has been starving her (but maybe the cult has been and this deliberate).

Based on the pic of Diana in costume, should we assume she does use her powers even though it's the mod era?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Based on the pic of Diana in costume, should we assume she does use her powers even though it's the mod era?
    I don't think they even know exactly about Mod era, for what people told me steve in that time was dead?

I was hoping for a pre-flashpoint where rucka or simone left her, if only rucka could write a issue. I really don't understand take the worse run of WW and do a issue. But one of the best parts is ignored.

Extraordinary Member

I agree with others. Pick the very goofiest version of Wonder Woman so that the one we have now looks good in comparison.

One assumes that the Batman convergence issue will see Adam West and Burt Ward battling Liberace's diabolical Chandell.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I agree with others. Pick the very goofiest version of Wonder Woman so that the one we have now looks good in comparison.

One assumes that the Batman convergence issue will see Adam West and Burt Ward battling Liberace's diabolical Chandell.
    batman '66 seems to be very good; the writer of WW issue was the editor of WW in the mod era.

i had a little, really nano hope that DC could use convergence to send off post crisis WW and resolve her life with batman. ┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻
    Last edited by Blacksun; 11-25-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

I was thinking that this book was a message to those who didn't like Azz's reboot. "Go ahead - keep complaining about Azzarello's reboot. Just remember that we took away her costume, powers, & just about everything else that made her unique before...."