Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Why are they wearing their old suits? Is this a Crisis that involves the older universe? I didnt understand the premise that well.

Brainiac, a bigger entity outside time and space, collected cities from each version that DCU has ever had. pre-Crisis, post-Crisis, pre-New 52, other Earths, Elseworld not on the Multiverse, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    80 books in total, 2 months. It's not two-part.

At least that's what I thought first. If it is, then all of this is a waste of potential, because there are very few realities being explored.
    http://www.dccomics.com/tags/convergence

"Over the past couple of weeks we've announced half of the 2-part miniseries that will be part of DC Comics' massive 2 month publishing event CONVERGENCE which is taking place in April and May 2015.

Well, we’re not done yet. More details have been announced today"

it's 40, not 80

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

how do you know? the solicits for the next week aren't out yet;
    Why wouldn't there be? We're seeing multiple incarnations of just about every other major character but for some reason only one of Wonder Woman? I highly doubt that. We'll see the post-Crisis version somewhere. Can I say that with 100% certainty? I guess not, no, but its far more likely than the doom and gloom approach that this is it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-25-2014 at 08:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Why wouldn't there be? We're seeing multiple incarnations of just about every other major character but for some reason only one of Wonder Woman? I highly doubt that. We'll see the post-Crisis version somewhere.
    well there isn't WW in 90s and 2000s. So I'm not sure if the last 10 will have something for her, it's not like WW is high on DC/convergence priorities

Actually she has been prioritized quite a bit these past few years. Just because she's had a reputation of not being utilized much in the past doesn't mean that you can keep using that same song and dance accusation against DC all the time. But they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. They don't do much with her and they get ripped on. They use her, and its nothing but some sort of sinister plot to keep her down and piss off her fans.

BANNED

the important is not only use WW, but use her well.

A little bit early to start accusing this story as not using her well. Like it or not this was a legitimate era in Wonder Woman's history, and just as worthy of celebration in this two-month storyline as any other era. One doesn't have to particularly be a fan of said era to be able to understand that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-25-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Holy conspiracy-theory. People really think they chose this Wonder Woman at this point just so the New 52 version isn't outshined? That's patently ridiculous. More than likely when the idea came about to pit Diana against the Red Rain vampires, they chose the mod-era version to create a more viable threat and drama. But I guess that's way too rational a thought process to entertain. Its gotta be something shady. :rolleyes
    Not wanting to make the current Superman/Wonder Woman harpy look bad seems pretty rational to me.

I wonder if we will get chauvanist Steve Trevor back as well?

Didn't they do another one off story in the last couple of years with the Mod-era in it? They certainly seem to be going out of their way to avoid volume 2 and 3 by using one of her least popular story arcs.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

A little bit early to start accusing this story as not using her well. Like it or not this was a legitimate era in Wonder Woman's history, and just as worthy of celebration in this two-month storyline as any other era. One doesn't have to particularly be a fan of said era to be able to understand that.
    Not every comic is as worthy of celebration as others, and not every era.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

There is a bit of wrong headed nostalgia for Mod Era WW going on. The book was not that popular at the time. There was only one story line I enjoyed and that was because of the inclusion of Catwoman, Fafhard and the Grey Mouser (and the total absence of I-Ching).

Did I miss something? Does DC get monthly e-mails asking for the return of Mod-Unpowered WW?

It doesn't have anything to do with nostalgia. I've even said I don't care for that era much myself. Only argument I've ever made was that it was a legitimate era, not that it was the most popular. As a result I remain puzzled at the outrage over that incarnation's inclusion in a story which is celebrating all of DC Comics past. I get a lack of interest, just not the sentiment that its very inclusion is an insult. If its just because this was the version of Wonder Woman announced first, okay, but in that case, I'd advise a little patience as again, this isn't going to be the only past incarnation of WW seen in this two month tale, most assuredly.

Not wanting to make the current Superman/Wonder Woman harpy look bad seems pretty rational to me.
    Its not. Look, I get you don't like the New 52 Wonder Woman. But you take it to the extreme by using this Convergence story to accuse DC of actually silencing other versions of the character (ones you happen to personally like better), just to make sure the current version isn't tarnished. Especially when they have a title right now that does the exact thing seem to believe they're not willing to do: Sensation Comics as we speak has published digital books with past incarnations of the character. They don't seem afraid to publish that stuff at the same time as New 52 stuff. So the idea that they personally sabotaged this Convergence issue with a poorly received version of the character just so current WW looks better holds no weight whatsoever.

Not every comic is as worthy of celebration as others, and not every era.
    Well this will be moot when other versions of Diana show up. If not in another stand-alone tie-in, definitely the 9 part main story. With that, in a self-professed love letter to DC's past I like that they're acknowledging it all. Doesn't mean I'll personally read every single story, but there will likely be something for everyone.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-26-2014 at 12:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

It doesn't have anything to do with nostalgia. I've even said I don't care for that era much myself. Only argument I've ever made was that it was a legitimate era, not that it was the most popular. As a result I remain puzzled at the outrage over that incarnation's inclusion in a story which is celebrating all of DC Comics past. I get a lack of interest, just not the sentiment that its very inclusion is an insult. If its just because this was the version of Wonder Woman announced first, okay, but in that case, I'd advise a little patience as again, this isn't going to be the only past incarnation of WW seen in this two month tale, most assuredly.
    Kicking off Wonder Woman's tie ins with her least popular version - weird.

Its not. Look, I get you don't like the New 52 Wonder Woman. But you take it to the extreme by using this Convergence story to accuse DC of actually silencing other versions of the character (ones you happen to personally like better), just to make sure the current version isn't tarnished. Especially when they have a title right now that does the exact thing seem to believe they're not willing to do: Sensation Comics as we speak has published digital books with past incarnations of the character. They don't seem afraid to publish that stuff at the same time as New 52 stuff. So the idea that they personally sabotaged this Convergence issue with a poorly received version of the character just so current WW looks better holds no weight whatsoever.
    False premise. The Convergence story does not have to suffer - it can sell well and make people grateful for the current version at the same time, like any parallel universe story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Velasco View Post
    There is a bit of wrong headed nostalgia for Mod Era WW going on. The book was not that popular at the time. There was only one story line I enjoyed and that was because of the inclusion of Catwoman, Fafhard and the Grey Mouser (and the total absence of I-Ching).

Did I miss something? Does DC get monthly e-mails asking for the return of Mod-Unpowered WW?
    Probably, but always from the same person.

BANNED

Didio, lee doesn't has a say on the digital line up.

Sensation comics won't never be on the comics shops in the place of the regular WW books.

so I think there is some logic in that line of thinking

Well this will be moot when other versions of Diana show up. If not in another stand-alone tie-in, definitely the 9 part main story. With that, in a self-professed love letter to DC's past I like that they're acknowledging it all. Doesn't mean I'll personally read every single story, but there will likely be something for everyone.
    well where is rucka, perez or simone WW? I don't count that other versions of WW will have a important role on the mini. It will probably be batman, superman and booster gold Multiverse so far never focused on any WW character

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

I wonder if we will get chauvanist Steve Trevor back as well?

Didn't they do another one off story in the last couple of years with the Mod-era in it? They certainly seem to be going out of their way to avoid volume 2 and 3 by using one of her least popular story arcs.
    I wonder why? in those 2 months there will be only sensation and this convergence to buy if people want fresh new WW stories. Really no idea why avoid the most popular WW stories
    Last edited by Blacksun; 11-26-2014 at 05:28 AM.