Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Why do other spider-people accept SpOck as their leader?

Spock has appointed himself as the Superior, and the spider-people under his command don't seem to mind so far. Is that even plausible, really?

Obviously, the fact they don't know he's Otto Octavius is probably one reason they accept his authority, as they just think he's a more decisive Peter Parker, and save for the other two killers (Ashley Barton and Assassin), don't know he's willing to resort to drastic measures to succeed. But still, does it really make sense for them to follow him almost blindly?

Ashley Barton is someone who doesn't seem like the type to obey others, if what I read about her was accurate. Yet she calls SpOck "boss". It's one thing for her to agree with SpOck's methods, but she's acting as his lapdog. I think more could be done with her in the Spider-Verse story.

If SpOck wasn't from the 616 universe, would our Peter accept his authority as well, so long as he didn't know he was Doc Ock?

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Because he's a master planner, and that makes him ... *puts on sunglasses* ... superior.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

BANNED

I can't imagine Peter would. Perhaps at first, until he got his bearings on the situation, but he'd wise up after a bit.

because slott loves dock ock

BANNED

It's not like Otto has ever led a team before.

Fantastic Member

He seems to know what he's doing and acts like he should be in charge... so he ends up in charge. Right or wrong he is decisive when others seem too confused or scared to step up to the plate. Plus, he's lead entire teams of super villains before, this isn't a massive step away from that.

All-New Member

Spiderman is used to following a team. He rarely leads a team. I imagine its the same for the other spidermen.

I'd imagine that for his original team, it was more a matter that he saved them and took charge, seeming to know what was going on. As for them listening to him; based on their attitudes, it was more of a grudgingly following his orders than actually wanting to. As for Ashley, while she may not be the type to follow orders, she's also the type who will do what it takes to survive her situation. And I didn't really take her calling Spock "boss" as a loyalty aspect but rather a more sarcastic way of referring to him.

Perhaps it's because the Spider's he saved or at least prevented the deaths of feel beholden to follow him. He gives off the air of someone in control. he has previous in leading teams and so knows what is required to get people to follow and take his orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'd imagine that for his original team, it was more a matter that he saved them and took charge, seeming to know what was going on. As for them listening to him; based on their attitudes, it was more of a grudgingly following his orders than actually wanting to. As for Ashley, while she may not be the type to follow orders, she's also the type who will do what it takes to survive her situation. And I didn't really take her calling Spock "boss" as a loyalty aspect but rather a more sarcastic way of referring to him.
    or in another way.....what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertxtrem View Post
    Spiderman is used to following a team. He rarely leads a team. I imagine its the same for the other spidermen.
    That's much of it. Peter Parker is generally not a very assertive guy. The potentially assertive Spideys have problems. Noir Spidey comes from an earlier era, so he's less comfortable with tech that's standard to most of the others. The clones have their own baggage.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That's much of it. Peter Parker is generally not a very assertive guy. The potentially assertive Spideys have problems. Noir Spidey comes from an earlier era, so he's less comfortable with tech that's standard to most of the others The clones have their own baggage.
    I beg to differ. Peters shown absolute decisiveness In taking charge in the clone saga, ultimate spiderman, and ends of the earth.

It wasnt till pre one more day, Joe kelly and romita that parker had lost his rebellious independence to mild mannered spidey. Bendis ironically brought forth the Stan Lee incarnation back with a more hot blooded temper in his alternate run.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
    He seems to know what he's doing and acts like he should be in charge... so he ends up in charge. Right or wrong he is decisive when others seem too confused or scared to step up to the plate. Plus, he's lead entire teams of super villains before, this isn't a massive step away from that.
    I think this is it. If we look at this from the Spider's point of view; These events must be absolutely terrifying. SPoCK's confidence is probably reassuring.

Poor SPoCK, At some point he's likely to realize that he is the only one, An Anamoly. The Spider always defeats Octavious in the end. When/If He figures out that 616 Peter is his future Self; Wow, Sucks to be Spock.

On the other hand, When/If SPoCK figures out that he is destined to "Die" he may attempt to cheat "Death" once more. Maybe Slotto** will indeed get to have his cake and eat it too.

**Get it?, Slott/Otto. Eh, Sounded funnier in my head.
    Last edited by Cosmic Spider; 11-25-2014 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Edit? What Edit? Nobody Edited anything. What'Choo talkin bout, Willis?
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Spider View Post
    I think this is it. If we look at this from the Spider's point of view; These events must be absolutely terrifying. SPoCK's confidence is probably reassuring.

Poor SPoCK, At some point he's likely to realize that he is the only one, An Anamoly. The Spider always defeats Octavious in the end. When/If He figures out that 616 Peter is his future Self; Wow, Sucks to be Spock.

On the other hand, When/If SPoCK figures out that he is destined to "Die" he may attempt to cheat "Death" once more. Maybe Slotto** will indeed get to have his cake and eat it too.

**Get it?, Slott/Otto. Eh, Sounded funnier in my head.
    Dan's a big fan of Doctor Who. If you follow it there was a plot line that started the season with the 11thDoctor dying and the whole season figuring out how to stop it. I have a feeling it will be similar to that in which Superior cheats his "Death". Who's to say he did steal his own body after he returned from Spiderverse.

Quote Originally Posted by dagouch View Post
    Dan's a big fan of Doctor Who. If you follow it there was a plot line that started the season with the 11thDoctor dying and the whole season figuring out how to stop it. I have a feeling it will be similar to that in which Superior cheats his "Death". Who's to say he did steal his own body after he returned from Spiderverse.
    I am also a big fan of Doctor Who. A few months back there was a rather intense discussion about Superior Spider-Man; The Invasion of the Mime-Clones and other funky stuff. It was during the course of that discussion while I was thinking about the 11th Doctor's first "Death" that I first realized what Dan Slott had actually done. That Ol' Dog tricked us(Tricked me at least); I was so busy looking at his right hand that I ignored the left.

First, Slott Gleefully bragged about his Maniacal plans to slaughter Peter; And then He proceeded to do just that, Or so it seemed. Meanwhile Peter was there the whole time.

I would love to read a Spider-Man/Doctor Who written by Slott. I have no doubt that it would be a wild ride.
    Last edited by Cosmic Spider; 11-25-2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: I don't have a life.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.