Extraordinary Member

Default Genos vs. Raiden

Two beastly cyborg pretty boys duke it out in a large metropolitan area, because that's more fun.

Genos, aka Demon Cyborg, from the Onepunch-man manga against Raiden, aka Jack the Ripper, from the Metal Gear Solid games.

Raiden gets Sam's blade for this fight.

Who wins?
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 11-25-2014 at 02:25 PM.

I get the feeling Genos should be the winner but since all he ever does is fight people with no real feats of their own or get completely destroyed so Saitama can save the day, I can't think of any feats that would really give him the win if Raiden closes in right away.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

While Genos is strong enough and powerful enough to hurt Raiden highly significantly, he's not even in the same timezone when it comes to speed.

Thus blitz.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    While Genos is strong enough and powerful enough to hurt Raiden highly significantly, he's not even in the same timezone when it comes to speed.

Thus blitz.
    How fast was Raiden? Genos does things like keeping up with Speed of Sound Sonic after he got a speed boost, or outracing his own energy blast while engaging in melee combat with Saitama.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Jack trivially blocks multiple streams of machine gun fire with his sword while running around like an idiot. He can deliver dozens of sword-strikes in the time that other enhanced-reaction cyborg beings can move a few inches. He also does crazy crap like running up flying missiles like a staircase back to the helicopter than shot them, where he cuts the helicopter to ribbons. His travel-speed isn't all that impressive, but he reaction speed is crazy high-end BT. Combine that with something like class 70 strength (judo-flipping a 500+ ton mecha and hammer-throwing a 100ish ton mech, for examples) and a sword that cuts through almost anything like butter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Combine that with something like class 70 strength (judo-flipping a 500+ ton mecha and hammer-throwing a 100ish ton mech, for examples) and a sword that cuts through almost anything like butter.
    You forgot about the time he held back Outer Haven with no arms. Pretty sure he has more than 70 tons strength. More like 100+

That was also in his *old* cyborg body, too. the one from Revengeance is even strong and faster than that one.

I forgot about the missile-staircase running and the hammer-throwing of Metal Gear Ray. Jesus. Pretty sure that Raiden would fit right in as a member of the frickin' Avengers, considering the stuff he's able to do.
    Last edited by Endless_Legend; 11-26-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Legend View Post
    You forgot about the time he held back Outer Haven with no arms. Pretty sure he has more than 70 tons strength. More like 100+

That was also in his *old* cyborg body, too. the one from Revengeance is even strong and faster than that one.

I forgot about the missile-staircase running and the hammer-throwing of Metal Gear Ray. Jesus. Pretty sure that Raiden would fit right in as a member of the frickin' Avengers, considering the stuff he's able to do.
    Sure, if it weren't for his penchant for killing... everybody... he'd do just fine with nearly anything that doesn't require Thor/Hyperion level badassery.

BANNED

I was thinking of the MCU Avengers, not the comic versions. Sorry, should have specified.

But yeah, he does tend to rack up the body count too.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Legend View Post
    I was thinking of the MCU Avengers, not the comic versions. Sorry, should have specified.

But yeah, he does tend to rack up the body count too.
    Honestly, thanks to the speed, he's probably out of the MCU Avengers' league, at least in a Rumble. I mean, Hulk and Thor are stronger, but much slower, and Jack ought to be able to hurt them. His only weakness is a total lack of ranged attacks and fast travel (outside of short distances with Monsoon's weapon). I guess that Thor might be able to get off an AoE smash before getting blitzed, then fly up and rain lightning. Maybe he could win.

Jack's strength isn't class 100 based on board standards - which has nothing at all to do with lifting 100 tons. He does some tricks that are somewhere between Classic Rogue (class 50) and, oh, Colossus (class 80-ish, for the most part), hence me placing him around class 70. But Ben Grimm, the "class 80/90" prototype, uses skyscrapers as weapons. That's just out of Jack's league.

Genos FTW. Better durability + strong enough + fast enough as a legit upper S Class among to scratch a win off Raiden. Could go to Raiden due to gear though.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid-who-cried-wolf View Post
    Genos FTW. Better durability + strong enough + fast enough as a legit upper S Class among to scratch a win off Raiden. Could go to Raiden due to gear though.
    sorry but genos isn't strong enough or fast enough to mess with jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid-who-cried-wolf View Post
    fast enough as a legit upper S Class among to scratch a win off Raiden.
    Genos' speed isn't that cut and dried though.

He's got outracing his own blast, which is good but we don't really know how fast his blasts travel, he tore off the mosquito lady's legs as she tried to blitz him but hen she powered up and effortlessly flattened him, he got upgraded somewhat after that of course... and his speed in relation to speed in comparison to the rest of S Class is kind of unclear.

I mean, even Zombie Man was on the level of speed that he could chase down and dismember someone who was catching handgun bullets at point blank range pretty easily. So... Genos, who is likely faster than him, is somewhere above "shits on decent level bullet timers," in terms of speed.

But Raiden is above that to a silly degree. Guy deflects sustained full auto machine guns without even trying and, at his fastest, treats people likewise deflect bullets in a similar manner like they are statues. That's a bit out of Genos' league for my money.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    sorry but genos isn't strong enough or fast enough to mess with jack.
    Nah, he's definitely strong enough. If not physically (which he is) he blasts bits off mountains and blows through multiple skyscrapers with his energy blasts. He can definitely hurt Raiden, it's just the speed that's the significant factor here.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Genos' speed isn't that cut and dried though.

He's got outracing his own blast, which is good but we don't really know how fast his blasts travel, he tore off the mosquito lady's legs as she tried to blitz him but hen she powered up and effortlessly flattened him, he got upgraded somewhat after that of course... and his speed in relation to speed in comparison to the rest of S Class is kind of unclear.

I mean, even Zombie Man was on the level of speed that he could chase down and dismember someone who was catching handgun bullets at point blank range pretty easily. So... Genos, who is likely faster than him, is somewhere above "shits on decent level bullet timers," in terms of speed.

But Raiden is above that to a silly degree. Guy deflects sustained full auto machine guns without even trying and, at his fastest, treats people likewise deflect bullets in a similar manner like they are statues. That's a bit out of Genos' league for my money.

Nah, he's definitely strong enough. If not physically (which he is) he blasts bits off mountains and blows through multiple skyscrapers with his energy blasts. He can definitely hurt Raiden, it's just the speed that's the significant factor here.
    i forgot about those. but yeah, it's down to speed and the whole "run along missiles in flight to chop up the chopper that fired them in his old cyborg body" does shit on anything genos has done lately.

Alright, so the new chapter showed the fight that happened off panel in the original webcomic.

Genos is apparently significantly faster than SoS Sonic now.

That puts him... kind of closer to Raiden.