Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyLaskey View Post
    I'd go out on a limb and say that unless stated otherwise, in any WW story Hippolyta and the Amazons would have to be immortal or at least long-lived (or the Island exists in a sort of timeless nexus). The Amazons have always represented a group of people who have seen the ancient world first-hand, and existed until modern times. I guess it all depends on the whim of the writers and editors. But I would think that their immortality is a staple in the character's mythos?
    I would have liked, upon the hard reboot, that through Azz's storytelling that we would know whether or not the amazons are immortal. To go by alot of readers that post here, I don't want to read in between the lines and assume anything. All I can say, if I have to 'read between the lines', is that in Azz's world the amazons are mortal because of the fact that they need to go on sex pirate hunts. Unless gods like Strife is around killing dozens or more of them every month, they must have a high mortality rate due to their need to 'thrice' a century to get their jiggy on. The fact that I don't think Chiang or the other artists have shown older amazons doesn't matter. Maybe their lifespan is short so they don't get really old looking. Or they have good genes and skin where 70 is the new 30.

Amazing Member

Yeah it was left rather vague. And just because someone is immortal, doesn't mean they automatically don't want to raise kids. Maybe some Amazons do decide to leave the island and live among humans? There's definite precedent for that in Soule's Superman/Wonder Woman character, Hessia.

Come to think of it... From this panel, it seems like the writer (and Diana herself) was as in the dark as we all are!