How do these stories compare to the Mignola written Hellboy?

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    How do these stories compare to the Mignola written Hellboy?
    There will be reviews or opinions on that, but the title itself seems a pretty straight-up and apt means onto answering your own question.

A variety of particularly known artists both as creators or scenarists as well as colorists and cover-stars, jumping at having their own shot at the B.P.R.D., are astutely being showcased within this book.

Well-received and enjoyable for all I know.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 11-26-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Very good, I may have to buy the digital copies on Cyber Monday.

All-New Member

I bought a physical copy and it seems to be missing pages 137-141... did anyone else notice this? The pages are not torn out.... just missing completely...

No, I have all my pages.

All-New Member

Thanks Middenway... I guess I'll have to take mine back and exchange... weird!

All-New Member

Is this the same size as the B.P.R.D hardcovers with a dust jacket?

Quote Originally Posted by elmer View Post
    Is this the same size as the B.P.R.D hardcovers with a dust jacket?
    Same size, but not as thick since it's collecting only nine issues of material, whereas the B.P.R.D. omnibuses collect about fifteen. And yes, it has a dust jacket too.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Same size, but not as thick since it's collecting only nine issues of material, whereas the B.P.R.D. omnibuses collect about fifteen. And yes, it has a dust jacket too.
    Thanks. One for the Christmas list.

Lightbulb Dark Shelfing

The modern comic book landscape is filled with anti-heroes and offbeat super-heroes such as Nightcrawler (Marvel Comics) and Spawn (Image Comics).

You know, a scorpion is a predatory insect with fluorescence-like qualities in their biochemistry and a stinger tail that secretes a deadly neurotoxic venom. Scorpions excrete food in the form of insoluble nitrogenous compounds. Male scorpions retreat from females after sexual contact to avoid post-coitus cannibalistic behavior by the female.

If scientists extract the neurotoxin found in the scorpion’s venom, they can create models of how nervous system tissues react individually and in association as responses to neurotoxins as well as create immunosuppressant treatments for auto-immune disorders such as inflammatory bowel disease.

From a medical standpoint then, the scorpion with its neurotoxic venom equipped stinger tail, is something of a laboratory hero.

Is this why the Mortal Kombat (NetherRealm Studios) empire super-warrior named Scorpion (a deadly ninja who launches a lethal spear-and rope 'stinger') represents strength-turned-omen?

Such ideas it seems reveal the modern social appeal of Hellboy, a comic book avatar who embodies general fascination with 'the darkside of crusades.'

There's no reason that Hellboy: Weird Tales should not draw more fans into the idea of 'strangelove.'

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abishai100 View Post

There's no reason that Hellboy: Weird Tales should not draw more fans into the idea of 'strangelove.'

My honest opinion of Weird Tales... fun, but reserve for the Hellboy fan.