Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I suppose it works for people brought up on diary of the wimpy kid type crap. No thanks I want real art.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Not something I can pick up on a monthly basis right now, but definitely something I am looking forward to grabbing in trade paperback.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    I suppose it works for people brought up on diary of the wimpy kid type crap. No thanks I want real art.
    It doesn't look anything like that though, that just goes beyond hyperbole and into just wanting to insult people who have different tastes. I think if you look back you will notice that no one man any disparaging remarks about you or your tastes, they merely discussed why they liked the art and why they felt it worked here.

BANNED

Looks like the world passed you by, man. Templesmith is very, very well loved. If you don't like it, you can always go read your Breyfogle and Aparo (both of whom rock).

Thanks for letting us know how you feel about the art, however we can very easily do without boorish and repetitive whining ("crap" no less than seven times in 4 posts), and/or alluding that other readers are somehow less sophisticated than you are. You're free to your opinion of course but you can also be more constructive than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    I loved the book and the art, but this last page made it into one of my favorite new books of this year. Here's to this book going creepier and weirder.

Jeeeeeeeeez!!! I HAVE to check this out for sure!

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm another fan of Templesmith's artwork-- after nearly 45 years of comics reading, I've come to be able to appreciate many different styles and appearances, and for me, Templesmith's work is perfect for a title like this one promises to be.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    I loved the book and the art, but this last page made it into one of my favorite new books of this year. Here's to this book going creepier and weirder.

That was one creepy image and I absolutely loved it. The art here is really setting the tone for the book IMHO so that completely negates the fact that normally I wouldn't care for this particular artistic style.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG