Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Kudos to Hickman for getting around that no Mjolnir problem for Thor. Gave us some especially awesome moments.
    Haha that was definitely one of the highlights of the entire issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Kudos to Hickman for getting around that no Mjolnir problem for Thor. Gave us some especially awesome moments.
    Agreed

Did his ordinary looking mechanical arm turn into the Destroyers when he called on Thorr's power?

Whatever makes him unworthy doesn't seem to have anything to do with him trying to do the right thing

Man, I had completely forgotten about those Earth-3 Avengers. I guess everything Hickman does is to a plan, though, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Wonder if that's them on the Secret Wars cover instead of the Silver Age heroes?

Glad to see Strange not just being the guy in the background doing nothing! I'm please to see him handling this in a reasonable way. I wasn't sure after his meltdown earlier where they were planning on taking him.

Quote Originally Posted by lantian1 View Post
    Agreed

Did his ordinary looking mechanical arm turn into the Destroyers when he called on Thorr's power?

Whatever makes him unworthy doesn't seem to have anything to do with him trying to do the right thing
    Really wish Aaron would have explained what it is considering there was no difference between Thor's deeds up until Fury said whatever he did that made Thor unworthy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Really wish Aaron would have explained what it is considering there was no difference between Thor's deeds up until Fury said whatever he did that made Thor unworthy.
    Aaron did say he will get to it in the pages of Thor.

That being said, I don't see any sensible explanation that makes sense (outside of a massive retcon).

Quote Originally Posted by Mooper Films View Post
    I have to say, this all makes sense. I also think Dr. Strange will be the downfall of the Black Priests, he is going to reclaim his soul and in doing so turn on the Black Priests and destroy them from within. However, very interesting reveal that the Ivory Kings and Rabum Alal are actually at war with each other and why the universes are being destroyed. Reminds me of the classic Star Trek: Voyager episode where the Q Continuum was at war with each other and our universe was paying the price with constant supernovas destroying entire solar systems and revealed galaxies in some parts of the universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    So their war is causing the incursions? Is that confirmed? How?

It was a great issue, but it was a little too high brow for my taste in some areas.

Thor in this issue though was excellente
    I'm not sure that it was confirmed that the Incursions were CAUSED by the war. Strange's words are "They... ahem, we -- You see, the Black Priests are caught up in a conflict they were never intended to be part of. There is a war underway between two separate forces: the Ivory Kings and Rabum Alal. From what I have witnessed firsthand, they both want the same thing -- and it's the same reason you are here -- the destruction of everything."

So the source of the incursions is still unclear. It's also unclear why the Ivory Kings and Rabum Alal are fighting if their goals are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post
    The Ivory Kings and Rabum Alal want the same thing, but they are at war with each other.

Here's the thing I find odd, the Ivory Kings supposedly gave the Library of Worlds to Swan's people, but only the Swans could navigate it. How does that work if they're at war with each other?
    The Black Swans could be a faction that betrayed the Ivory Kings and joined Rabum Alal. Ivory Kings implies an all-male faction, and the Black Swans are referred to as the Great Ladies. Maybe they were the queens to the Ivory Kings?

We also have to remember that Yabbat Ummon Tarru is an unreliable narrator, and that she may not even be a true Black Swan, so she could have been lying, or only partially understand the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I felt the so-so art (IMO of course) sort of took away from that.

I just didn't like the way Thor was drawn.
    Agreed, I found the art really inconsistent this issue. Thor's puffy face and muscular arms suddenly become super skinny, Nightmask looks like a white guy with a tan. All the supernatural stuff was done well and there was a strong atmosphere throughout, but the people seemed really off. I don't see the artist listed in any of the future Avengers/New Avengers issues, and I don't remember seeing the name before, so it may have just been a fill-in.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    By the way when were Ebony Kings mentioned? Is it still a thing? It seems that everyone has forgotten about them.
    The Ebony King from issue #13 was a confirmed misprint. It was meant to by Ivory King.

---

My hope is that the Ivory Kings are Beyonders and that Rabum Alal is someone completely new. I think that'd be a lot of fun. I don't think the Beyonder is Rabum Alal, otherwise that cover completely spoils the reveal. It may even be that the Beyonder is a third party, unrelated to the incursions.

Astonishing Member

Love the issue. I like the art as well. In consistent at times, but the mood was not. Never took me out of the story. I still dont fully trust Strange. I think the swerve is coming and its not going to be on the Black Priests.

Anyone knows why Kev Walker wasn't the artist for this issue? I love his art.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Love the issue. I like the art as well. In consistent at times, but the mood was not. Never took me out of the story. I still dont fully trust Strange. I think the swerve is coming and its not going to be on the Black Priests.
    While I was critical of the art overall, I do think the mood was perfect. And I agree, Strange's face when he took of his mask seemed possessed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    While I was critical of the art overall, I do think the mood was perfect. And I agree, Strange's face when he took of his mask seemed possessed.
    Its just the Black Priests are pretty murderous, with Strange being apart of this group tells me that he is okay with this. He sees a powerful group that can help him kill his adversaries. Also the question he asked about Nightmask, has me fearing for Nightmask.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I'm not sure that it was confirmed that the Incursions were CAUSED by the war. Strange's words are "They... ahem, we -- You see, the Black Priests are caught up in a conflict they were never intended to be part of. There is a war underway between two separate forces: the Ivory Kings and Rabum Alal. From what I have witnessed firsthand, they both want the same thing -- and it's the same reason you are here -- the destruction of everything."
    I think this comes back to the "death" of the Living Tribunal and whether it is a cause or a result of what is happening. The core concept of the multiverse is that for every coin flip there will be a universe where the result was heads and one where it was tails. What I think we're seeing is, figuratively, a cosmic inbalance where Rabum Alal started forcing universes to end up with heads, everything dies. In response to that the Ivory Kings who I still think is the council of Reeds tried to force the coin flip to end up with tails, everything lives. But both goals are incongruous with the nature of the multiverse. The right answer would be, everything lives and everything dies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Aaron did say he will get to it in the pages of Thor.

That being said, I don't see any sensible explanation that makes sense (outside of a massive retcon).
    Howabout the Thor's got switched like the Hulks did? The whisper by Fury into Thor's ear might have been "I know you're Thorr not Thor."

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Howabout the Thor's got switched like the Hulks did? The whisper by Fury into Thor's ear might have been "I know you're Thorr not Thor."
    Mjolnir would have known beforehand and he wouldn't have been able to pick it up before Fury's whisper.

so who is thorr? is he on the avengerrs with captain americaa and iron mann?