Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

While I appreciate the Slade beefcake shots all around, I sure hope there's a point to him being young again other than matching his Arrow appearance (which by the end of season two was a lot closer to the comic book version... go figure).

This continues to be a guilty pleasure, it's just dumb fun but I'm rather enjoying it. Really happy with Bronze Tiger's appearance, I hope they changed Shiva's design as well since both their previous New 52 designs were terrible.

Im liking this
    Daniels has some really good ideas on the comic, I like the art and the action sequences and the dialog is ok, not great but good.
    love the reintroduction of non-dinosaur Shiva and Bronze Tiger.
    there is a very good potential here.

my only complain, the pacing sucks, its abysmal, Daniels just cannot pace a comicbook well, he just cant.
    for example there is an scene where Slade is walking on the temple and suddenly he has 2 swords in his hands that came out of nowhere, I actually thought i miss a page, then on one scene there is a conversation and it just cuts to Slade fighting some mercenaries outside with no segway or follow up.
    the individual scenes are fine is the big picture that just doesnt work.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I have to admit i loved Bronze Tiger's appearence, still not liking the Manu Bennett look on Slade.
    C'mon DC! Really!?! Now tv shows are effecting the comics. Slade has always been blond and now he looks like a version of Bruce Wayne. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    C'mon DC! Really!?! Now tv shows are effecting the comics. Slade has always been blond and now he looks like a version of Bruce Wayne. SMH
    Diane Nielson announced about a year ago that there would be more cohesion between DC Entertainment properties. apparently as a way for new fans to more easily jump into story lines and recognize characters. so because of her we're gonna see this type of thing happening more often. im thinking thats why we have the new Wally West. he was created soon after Iris and Det. West were cast on the Flash show.

a de-aged Slade is so very stupid. it's kind of like de-aging Wolverine. the fact that they're older, experienced, and kinda grizzled is a big part of their character. they're old experienced warriors.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    Im liking this
    Daniels has some really good ideas on the comic, I like the art and the action sequences and the dialog is ok, not great but good.
    love the reintroduction of non-dinosaur Shiva and Bronze Tiger.
    there is a very good potential here.

my only complain, the pacing sucks, its abysmal, Daniels just cannot pace a comicbook well, he just cant.
    for example there is an scene where Slade is walking on the temple and suddenly he has 2 swords in his hands that came out of nowhere, I actually thought i miss a page, then on one scene there is a conversation and it just cuts to Slade fighting some mercenaries outside with no segway or follow up.
    the individual scenes are fine is the big picture that just doesnt work.
    love the fact the Bronze Tiger is after Slade. The hunter becomes the hunted. And his new look also looks similar to the Arrow version.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Diane Nielson announced about a year ago that there would be more cohesion between DC Entertainment properties. apparently as a way for new fans to more easily jump into story lines and recognize characters. so because of her we're gonna see this type of thing happening more often. im thinking thats why we have the new Wally West. he was created soon after Iris and Det. West were cast on the Flash show.

a de-aged Slade is so very stupid. it's kind of like de-aging Wolverine. the fact that they're older, experienced, and kinda grizzled is a big part of their character. they're old experienced warriors.
    So I guess now Green Arrow can take down Slade by himself like in the tv show. Is Slade going to be Australian now? If they were going to make it really cohesive, they should have made the tv Slade American.