Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Default Deathstroke #2 Discussion

Pretty good issue all around. Good too see this memory/amnesia thing isn't going to drag on, I am not a fan of that kind of storytelling. Some instances were a bit well weird, one scene Slade was naked the next he was in full getup and the other instance was when he randomly had to two swords, also the bit where Bronze Tiger says him and Lady Shiva's name was a bit silly, I mean keep the suspense going. Other then these moments it was a good read,
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

It was a good read. Definitely better than the last Deatshtroke solo IMO.

So young slade is here to stay I take it. Also nice retcon at the end there
    Apparently DC's editorial can't even begin to follow the continuity of the titles they are relaunching.

Crap! I forgot to pick this up.

Alright, bought it digitally. This was pretty good. Still a little heavy on the eternal monologue. And by a little heavy i mean really heavy. Still, the action was cool. In that ridiculous, over the top action movie kind of way. Which i think works for Deathstroke. Plus this book is more ambitious then i though it would be. I mean spoilers:
    Shiva, Broze Tiger, and Jericho!
    end of spoilers. And all with much needed new looks. Pretty good ones too.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

The monolgues didn't bother me as much as they did in the first issue. This shaping up to be some of Daniels best work. Cant wait for HQ to appear.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

I have to admit i loved Bronze Tiger's appearence, still not liking the Manu Bennett look on Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Apparently DC's editorial can't even begin to follow the continuity of the titles they are relaunching.
    I'm glad they're undoing it the whole death scenario in the previous run was just silly.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Young Slade ? How ?

BANNED

The first two issues were great, but I won't be picking up the next two or three, since Harley Quinn will be featured in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I have to admit i loved Bronze Tiger's appearence, still not liking the Manu Bennett look on Slade.
    Yep he looked way better in this, just hope they got rid of that idiotic were-tiger power, still him working for the League of Assassins voluntarily just seems wrong I prefer the old Ben Turner.

Otherwise a solid issue, I liked the fact Slade had to close one eye to shoot properly thought it was a nice touch. Still don't think young/Manu Slade is permanent but looks like he will stick around at least for awhile.

Always Rakzo

Okay, this seriously has to be the stupidest issue of the week.

But it was so hilarious!

I thought it was okay. Some odd sequencing and pacing issues, and as someone else already said there were some inconsistencies regarding Slade's wardrobe (among other things).

Still not even a little bit pleased about "young" Slade. Really, just terrible concept; almost as bad as making Lobo a sleek pretty boy.

That said, this book sorta feels like DC's version of the Expendables; aging 80's action star still trying to get by on over-done violence and testosterone badassery. And the book is fun, for what it is. I'll be sticking around for a little bit longer, at least until the Harley guest appearance runs its course.

Book is enjoyable but nothing spectacular. Shiva and Tiger's involvement has my interest. And for the next issue or two, I think that will be good enough, but I cant see myself sticking with this for too long unless we get some really nice story hooks in place.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Pretty decent second issue, art is great, writing is coming a long, I like Shiva and Tigers involvement, and that guy with the F on his face seems interesting, I'm a stick with it, so far so good...
    #MagnetoWasRight

So happy to see Bronze Tiger show up! And he wasn't in that ridiculous were-tiger form.