Default Abe Sapien #14: Visons, Dreams, and Fishin'

The third in a series of one shots. Art is by Sebastián Fiumara.

Abe tries to find out what’s haunting the young woman he’s traveling with, while his own past catches up to him. Abe goes underwater for answers, but a crazed witch claims to hold the answers they both need.

Scott Allie talks about the series with Newsarama. (There are some minor spoilers)
    Last edited by middenway; 06-23-2014 at 10:11 PM.

All-New Member

The Abe series seems to picking up direction again. Think Abe's reflections on his journey so far helped tie together the overall narrative of the series, which I feel has been a little fractured up to now. Getting more insight into Abe's psyche and reaction to things is so essential for this series and has been noticeably missing in my opinion.

Grace is an interesting and non-obvious supporting character, she epitomises some of the Mignolaverse's greatest storytelling strengths; she's a supporting character that's become a major focus unexpectedly & she's a strong and well realised female voice. Although the BPRD/Hellboy universe is well known for having it's tragic/doomed characters, Grace brings something distinct and new in the fact that she's the victim of very real, human trauma, rather than someone who's life has been changed by the supernatural.

Looking forward to the return of the Vaughn/Strobl sub-plot though, which for me was beginning to overshadow Abe's adventures, especially with the last scene we saw of them, which I think had some of Allie's best written dialogue to date.

There's a flashback next month, and then the series returns for a two-part arc in Rosario. Rosario!

I'm kinda hoping for a Vaughn/Strobl one shot story. I think that'd be cool.