View Poll Results: What is the best movie to introduce her?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men : Apocalypse

11 22.92%
  • Deadpool

4 8.33%
  • X-Force

33 68.75%
  • X-Men sequel

5 10.42%
  • Standalone Movie

6 12.50%
  • Other (specify)

1 2.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    AFAIK, ONLY Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver can be used by both. That Betsy originated outside the X-books doesn't matter. So did Wolverine, Rogue, Sabretooth, and Mystique. The fact is she's primarily associated with the X-Men so Fox has sole control over her.

As far as how she'd be used, I would say to start with, make her a British woman of Japanese immigrant descent. That way it touches on her origin while also providing her her most iconic appearance (though I suppose it's too much to hope we'd get the thong. Maybe she can have a beach scene just for the mythology gag. Yeah, that's it), without having to deal with the body-swap plotline.

I'd have to see the legals on that. For now it's hearsay until Marvel decides to do something with the two characters. I doubt that FOX would since Being primarily associated doesn't mean LEGALLY associated. You could be right, but I think it's more gray area legalese.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Internet only webisode to tie in to the AoA movie. Included as a DVD extra when the film is available to buy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Internet only webisode to tie in to the AoA movie. Included as a DVD extra when the film is available to buy.
    I like that idea, like a Marvel short.

I don't really have a strong preference. Just a movie that comes within the next 5 years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I don't really have a strong preference. Just a movie that comes within the next 5 years.
    This.....and it HAS to be well written.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    This.....and it HAS to be well written.
    And of course a beautiful and good actress to play her!

Incredible Member

Someone else said it in another thread, but I'm gonna get on board with it. The Gambit movie that's been announced could use someone as sexy, skilled and badass as Betsy to round things out. After all, it's questionable if Fox will go for the Rogue connection anyway, if they're banking on the Rogue/Bobby pair. I could see them going with Kitty Pryde, given Ellen Page is a pretty hot actress right nowadays and if he treatment for the movie is by Claremont, he originally wanted to pair her with Remy til fan pressure forced it toward Romy. As for Betsy, yeah they don't really have much of a history in the comics. However just look at Mystique now, basically the star of the X-movies in spite of never really being an X-Man in the books. That aside Psylock and Gambit would play really well if each other, especially with a decent actress for he role.

Either way, I don't see her getting brought into the other X-sequels anytime soon, since they already have Jean for psychic heroine. As for the rumors of an X-Force movie, nothing announced yet so not telling how many years down the line that would be.

Went with X-Force for the poll, though I guess she could wind up in Apocalypse. We don't yet know how big its cast will be (Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Apoc, presumably Logan, new Jean/Scott/Ororo, Gambit?) so there could be room for her to not just be wallpaper...although I don't know if I'd make her a Horseman. Those positions would be more suitable for characters the audience already knows, for the purposes of drama.

Don't yet know enough about the Deadpool movie to see how Betsy would fit in there; I know she had some sort of bond with Wade in UXF vol. 1, but I still haven't read that on account of Remender, and I doubt it'd be much of a touchstone for a DP solo adventure. Much too serious. So I can't really imagine her getting any more to do in a DP film than she did in the DP game (where her role was limited to "BEWBS LOL").

Also, fully in support of her being a Brit with Japanese heritage. Maybe an orphan taken in by the wealthy, upper-class Braddock family after an excursion to Japan, and they didn't know her birth parents had agreed to leave her as a tribute/offering to some crazypants ninja clan? She grew up being captured, freed and recaptured, taken from one side of the world to the next, picking up lethal skills as she went, but now she can't quite fit in anywhere: too civilized and empathetic to be a ninja, and yet too foul-tempered and violent to conform with high society.

Also-also, she'd still have her katana on her back, but she'd have a rapier sheathed on her hip too, and switches between natty Hollywood kendo and graceful fencing on the fly mid-fight.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Went with X-Force for the poll, though I guess she could wind up in Apocalypse. We don't yet know how big its cast will be (Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Apoc, presumably Logan, new Jean/Scott/Ororo, Gambit?) so there could be room for her to not just be wallpaper...although I don't know if I'd make her a Horseman. Those positions would be more suitable for characters the audience already knows, for the purposes of drama.

Don't yet know enough about the Deadpool movie to see how Betsy would fit in there; I know she had some sort of bond with Wade in UXF vol. 1, but I still haven't read that on account of Remender, and I doubt it'd be much of a touchstone for a DP solo adventure. Much too serious. So I can't really imagine her getting any more to do in a DP film than she did in the DP game (where her role was limited to "BEWBS LOL").

Also, fully in support of her being a Brit with Japanese heritage. Maybe an orphan taken in by the wealthy, upper-class Braddock family after an excursion to Japan, and they didn't know her birth parents had agreed to leave her as a tribute/offering to some crazypants ninja clan? She grew up being captured, freed and recaptured, taken from one side of the world to the next, picking up lethal skills as she went, but now she can't quite fit in anywhere: too civilized and empathetic to be a ninja, and yet too foul-tempered and violent to conform with high society.

Also-also, she'd still have her katana on her back, but she'd have a rapier sheathed on her hip too, and switches between natty Hollywood kendo and graceful fencing on the fly mid-fight.
    I really like the way you think!
    Also I always thought Besty and Remy could have a great chemistry together

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

The thoughtful subtlety of a Deadpool feature film provides the perfect setting for this buoyancy device to make her thonged appearance.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that Betsy would fit in a Gambit movie, at least not the first one...they could always get a new actress for Rogue or use someone from his past as the love interest, as people who wouldn't know as much as we do about the character would view the main female lead of the movie as Gambit's love interest, the whole horseman of Apocalypse being used to bring her in could work, or she'd be the one to say knock some sense back into Warren if he was a horseman...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that Betsy would fit in a Gambit movie, at least not the first one...they could always get a new actress for Rogue or use someone from his past as the love interest, as people who wouldn't know as much as we do about the character would view the main female lead of the movie as Gambit's love interest, the whole horseman of Apocalypse being used to bring her in could work, or she'd be the one to say knock some sense back into Warren if he was a horseman...
    I actually think she could fit really well. Either as an interpol/Mi13/mutant special police whatever on his trail after a heist gone wrong the whole thing revolves around or maybe as an assassin out for his life she'd be perfect. She doesn't really have to be a love interest, but could play a vital role to get her foot in the door of the x-movies to get fan appeal to pull her into future movies. Though I wouldn't be against her being a love interest either. I have always thought they would have pretty sweet chemistry, if it was ever explored. In the comics they were always with other people though. In the movies... why not?

LOL. All this talk about Psylocke and Gambit just reminds of how jealous I've always been of how good his role in Wolverine's Origins movie was compared to the shittyness of her "role" in The Last Stand. I mean it wasn't perfect but at least he got to fight, got some decent interaction with Wolverine, and some characterization. TLS Psylocke didn't get squat. I'm still like, why couldn't her cameo have been as good as his.

But yeah, I'm a fan of both Psylocke and Gambit. Seeing them get substantial roles in the same movie would be a dream come true.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 11-28-2014 at 08:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    LOL. All this talk about Psylocke and Gambit just reminds of how jealous I've always been of how good his role in Wolverine's Origins movie was compared to the shittyness of her "role" in The Last Stand. I mean it wasn't perfect but at least he got to fight, got some decent interaction with Wolverine, and some characterization. TLS Psylocke didn't get squat. I'm still like, why couldn't her cameo have been as good as his.

But yeah, I'm a fan of both Psylocke and Gambit. Seeing them get substantial roles in the same movie would be a dream come true.
    I'd kinda like to see Betsy and Remy get together. They've both got a wild side.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'd kinda like to see Betsy and Remy get together. They've both got a wild side.
    Yeah sure, I think it's kind of cool to explore those weird alternate pairings that probably won't happen in the comics.