Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

World building is promising... I want to know more about Atlantis and its culture here so hearing the name of the rite of adolescent ascension and landmarks in Atlantis were interesting. Looking forward to also finding out about that woman who helped Atlanna. Presumably, the portal leads to another city? And happy to see the Fire Troll in the play... need to see them again.

Solid issue.

Loved the world building too. I haven't read much of the pre-52 Aquaman stuff (I did read some, like the Sub-deigo arc). So, not too familiar with Aquaman mythology; but I am loving what I see here.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Berra. Yeah, I thought maybe.
    Hoping so. She being the Queen of The Idylist would make sense for the care she seems to have for her "kind"

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Parker's AQUAMAN has been firing on all cylinders for me.

This issue rocked man, it was fantastic. Though I find myself wishing he had a more "experimental" artist to work with. Underwater cities and ancient civilizations could look so much cooler.
    Kenneth Rocafort would be interesting...
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    Kenneth Rocafort would be interesting...
    I was thinking something more painted, more abstract- but yeah Rocafort would be cool on this title!

Ultimate Member

Stephanie Hans.

The art is beautiful, but it is very exacting. It definitely isn't taking the same chances the story is.

It almost seems like Arthur is trying to piss his people off. You can't get more "outsider" than a manhunter from another planet. I usually cringe at "psychic" type stories but this has been handled well. I did call the "Mom's still alive" plotline last month though. Still they are keeping the options for the conclusion open just enough not to make me run from it like I did Future's End.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

I enjoyed the story too and want to read more. I still think Ivan Reis is a much better artist and would have loved for him to stay on the title though. I hope that Tempest/Garth does show up soon.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

i think Parker is finally starting to fire on all cylinders. this current arc is by far his best yet on the book. this is more in line with the writing skills i've come to expect from the man, based on his previous excellent runs on Thunderbolts, Agents of Atlas and Hulk.

that said, the overall quality of the book is still a far cry from Johns' superb run. some of Parker's issues (Annual #2, Aquaman #34 come to mind) are pretty much the worst things i've ever read from him.

I liked the further 'purple-eyed' foreshadowing... also thoroughly enjoying the Tula//Mera chemistry going on.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I LOVED it!!! Can't wait for the next issue.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

The art is the primary reason I've been reading Aquaman since Nu52 started.

I loved this issue.

I'm not a Martian Manhunter fan, but this was easily one of the best depictions of the character I've ever read. I especially appreciated the dialogue between Aquaman and MM about their differences as telepaths. That's something that doesn't get talked about nearly enough for my tastes.

Very excited about the return of the Idyllists. Garth is surely on his way and I can't wait for that to happen. The interactions between Mera and Tula have been thoroughly enjoyable.

Paul Pelletier and Sean Parsons' artwork has been very strong. Of course, I miss Ivan Reis. Who wouldn't? But Pelletier and Parsons are doing lovely work. How can you not love art like this?!

Aquaman_Cv39.jpg

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I heard that so many people dropped the title, simply because Geoff Johns isn't writing anymore. It's a shame, because the quality is still good.
    the semi-irony is that it was all the good things I heard about Parker's run that made me start reading Aquaman after dropping it mid-Johns' run!

I'm really loving Parker's work here. As others have said - good world building, drama, makes me want to read more, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I was thinking something more painted, more abstract- but yeah Rocafort would be cool on this title!
    I like the idea of Rocafort on this title. Granted, I like the idea of Rocafort on pretty much anything (My Little Pony, noir, I wouldn't ever complain if he draws something). Maybe Trevor McCarthy or Marco Rudy would be more fitting to do the layouts/penciling and have a paint-colorist do the finishes...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    the semi-irony is that it was all the good things I heard about Parker's run that made me start reading Aquaman after dropping it mid-Johns' run!

I'm really loving Parker's work here. As others have said - good world building, drama, makes me want to read more, etc etc.

I like the idea of Rocafort on this title. Granted, I like the idea of Rocafort on pretty much anything (My Little Pony, noir, I wouldn't ever complain if he draws something). Maybe Trevor McCarthy or Marco Rudy would be more fitting to do the layouts/penciling and have a paint-colorist do the finishes...
    Rocafort can illustrate the phone book and I'd be compelled.

Trevor McCarthy is totally what I was thinking, really good call man. Steve Pugh would do a good job too, especially for the big vista scenes.