Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Angela: Asgard's Assassin, #1

• All her life, Angela -- the finest warrior of Heven -- was raised to hate Asgard with every fiber of her being.
    • And now Angela knows the truth about her identity: She is Thor's sister. She is an Asgardian.
    • Cast out of her home and wanting nothing to do with Asgard, Angela must now strike out on her own!
    • But what does Angela have that both Asgard and Heven want? And why are they so eager to get it?
    • Visionary writers Kieron Gillen and Marguerite Bennett team with the legendary art team of Phil Jimenez and Stephanie Hans to finally throw the spotlight onto the Marvel Universe's most dangerous inhabitant!

Full article here.

Yessssss! This book looks like it's going to be amazing! PJ is an absolutely perfect artist for Angela. Hope she enjoys a long run.

BANNED

I have good expectative about this good. Gillen is one of my fave writers, jimenez is a great penciller. bennet and hans is not bad too

excited for this

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

So, so excited for this; Angela is one of the coolest characters imo, and this creative team is perfect!

Very much the Avengers NOW book I'm most looking forward to! Can't wait, I hope Neil Gaiman enjoys these new adventures!

Very much looking forward to this. Art is amazing

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Looks cool so far.

It does look cool, but did anyone think some of the wording (in the narration) seemed a bit awkward?
    Or maybe it's just me. But I'll definitely be giving this one a shot anyway.

Good lord. This series hasn't even debuted yet? whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Good lord. This series hasn't even debuted yet? whatever.
    I'm not sure I understand the point of this post.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Puzzled by Marvel's (or Axel's) obsession with female assassins. Black Widow, Electra, Gamora and now Angela. The books always die quick deaths, yet Marvel seems to think they are a draw. Assassins in any form are not a great message to send out to the world -- and I include the Punisher in that estimation. I think even Spider-Woman was an assassin for awhile. Do we really need more of these anti-role models?

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

This looks great. Definitely excited to see what these creators can do on this series. I hope New Thor shows up!

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpin View Post
    Puzzled by Marvel's (or Axel's) obsession with female assassins. Black Widow, Electra, Gamora and now Angela. The books always die quick deaths, yet Marvel seems to think they are a draw. Assassins in any form are not a great message to send out to the world -- and I include the Punisher in that estimation. I think even Spider-Woman was an assassin for awhile. Do we really need more of these anti-role models?
    Why does every character have to be a role model? I seriously doubt Marvel's message is that people should look up to/emulate/aspire to be any of those characters.

Some of us simply enjoy these darker, yet not villainous counterparts to the heroic community.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

This book looks terrific thus far, and I'm definitely a day-one buyer.

I do hope Marvel gives it some sales leeway, as she isn't a big-name character and may not sell a ton of books, and doesn't try and cancel it prematurely.

I also hope none of the talent involved leaves early or gets poached by other big-name titles: I'm looking at you, Cyclops.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Art looks damn good. I hope Angela amounts to something under this creative team that she never amounted to in the pages of Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/