Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Love this so much. Kieron Gillen is possibly my favourite writer at Marvel; his Young Avengers is AMAZING (and critically acclaimed) as was his purrrrfect Journey into Mystery (which means I already know he does wonders with Asgardian mythology). SO PUMPED! And that Skottie Young cover sweetens the deal. SO CUTE!!!
    I thought it was A.Heinberg who wrote the acclaimed YA series's with the ridiculous J.Cheung art??
    Huh, Maybe im wrong.
    But ya reminded me, I still got find The last YA story- something about the Scarlet Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Gillen should have never left Thor/Journey into Mystery
    It was a crime.....
    Ra-Amen too that Nick. So good Journey into Mystery. An All Time Marvel Top 10!
    Dam. Hey do you know if they ever fully collected it; in like an Ultimate tpb. (format) or Omnibus ???

Quote Originally Posted by theRedHood View Post
    I thought it was A.Heinberg who wrote the acclaimed YA series's with the ridiculous J.Cheung art??
    Huh, Maybe im wrong.
    But ya reminded me, I still got find The last YA story- something about the Scarlet Witch.
    There are three "seasons" of YA
    SEASON 1: Heinberg/Cheung
    SEASON 2: "Avengers: Children's Crusade" also by Heinberg/Cheung (which is the "Scarelt Witch" quest)
    SEASON 3: Gillen/McKelvie (which came out 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk_Guy View Post
    That is a high percentage of female comics as assassins, but Black Widow in her current series actually dwells on morals quite a bit and she is very much fighting against evil. And like tsaimelemoni said, not all of Marvel's characters have to be role models. And if you do want good female role model books, you have Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Storm, Thor, and the upcoming Jean Grey book.
    This comic book does look really good. I can't wait to pick it up. Also, characters like Gamora and Angela are not exactly 'bad' characters as in 'vile', 'perverse' or 'wicked'; If anyone here has seen Disney's excellent 'Maleficent' film then you'll know exactly the point which I am trying to make. In my opinion, not all Assassin's are bad. Take for instance, the Star Wars saga which has demonstrated time and again that 'there are heroes on both sides'. If any of the people in this discussion thread have seen the television series 'Star Wars The Clone Wars' many of you more than likely know that there are plenty of Bounty Hunters and shady characters in the show who though they slink in the shadows and grime of the netherworld they aren't exactly 'anti-role models' like say Miley Cyrus or Kim Jong Un. There is a story to their life and the choices that they make are driven by something ill that they experienced in their past and when given the right opportunity they might make atonement for their former sins. Catwoman from the 'DC Universe' is one such character. Selina Kyle isn't all bad and she has more good then bad within herself and I think that Angela and Gamora are much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by theRedHood View Post
    Ra-Amen too that Nick. So good Journey into Mystery. An All Time Marvel Top 10!
    Dam. Hey do you know if they ever fully collected it; in like an Ultimate tpb. (format) or Omnibus ???
    It was collected in two omnibus...ish? Journey Into Mystery by Kieron Gillen: The Complete Collection volume 1 and 2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Love this so much. Kieron Gillen is possibly my favourite writer at Marvel; his Young Avengers is AMAZING (and critically acclaimed) as was his purrrrfect Journey into Mystery (which means I already know he does wonders with Asgardian mythology). SO PUMPED! And that Skottie Young cover sweetens the deal. SO CUTE!!!

this cover is so cute, I love Young variant covers

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Why does every character have to be a role model? I seriously doubt Marvel's message is that people should look up to/emulate/aspire to be any of those characters.

Some of us simply enjoy these darker, yet not villainous counterparts to the heroic community.
    Actually almost NONE of Marvel's characters are role models. Check out Avengers and New Avengers lately, so there's that. And to say that someone whose sole job is killing people is dark but NOT "villainous" is totally absurd. Ever wonder why The Dark Knight doesn't kill? Taking another's life is barbarous as is the glamorization of assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsXDemons View Post
    This comic book does look really good. I can't wait to pick it up. Also, characters like Gamora and Angela are not exactly 'bad' characters as in 'vile', 'perverse' or 'wicked'; If anyone here has seen Disney's excellent 'Maleficent' film then you'll know exactly the point which I am trying to make. In my opinion, not all Assassin's are bad. Take for instance, the Star Wars saga which has demonstrated time and again that 'there are heroes on both sides'. If any of the people in this discussion thread have seen the television series 'Star Wars The Clone Wars' many of you more than likely know that there are plenty of Bounty Hunters and shady characters in the show who though they slink in the shadows and grime of the netherworld they aren't exactly 'anti-role models' like say Miley Cyrus or Kim Jong Un. There is a story to their life and the choices that they make are driven by something ill that they experienced in their past and when given the right opportunity they might make atonement for their former sins. Catwoman from the 'DC Universe' is one such character. Selina Kyle isn't all bad and she has more good then bad within herself and I think that Angela and Gamora are much the same.
    I would disagree with your premise that Miley Cyrus is an anti-role model. She's never killed anyone and she is pushing the envelope of sexuality, much like Madonna did early in her career. To say that free sexual expression is wrong, but murder and violence are life choices is inverted. Ever wonder why The Dark Knight doesn't kill? No one is all bad, but glorifying assassination diminishes all of us.
    Last edited by DocSpin; 11-28-2014 at 01:06 PM.

what are freyja's attributes, since Angela is her natural daughter?

Not all assassins are equal.
    It makes big difference if you go after criminals, dictators, tyrants, etc. or if you go after innocent families who just can't repay their debts to certain crime lords for example.
    Most people can see that.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Not all assassins are equal.
    It makes big difference if you go after criminals, dictators, tyrants, etc. or if you go after innocent families who just can't repay their debts to certain crime lords for example.
    Most people can see that.
    And yet they are all murderers so that would make them all equal. It doesn't matter whether their victims are considered "evil" or not since evil is entirely subjective. A Mafia boss could consider promised payment default evil.
    Last edited by DocSpin; 11-28-2014 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpin View Post
    And yet they are all murderers so that would make them all equal. It doesn't matter whether their victims are considered "evil" or not.
    Sure whatever.
    Go on and call all police officers and soldiers murderers and go and protest against the US Government too since Osama Bin Laden and all the other Al Qaida members were killed instead of getting a trial.
    And write a letter to all the people of countries which did overthrow a terrible dictator and killed them because those are all terrible people and murderers.

I could continue to list more of such real life examples where nobody questions the use of killing but since this doesn't have anything to do with Angela I will leave it at that.

Mess with Angela, Gamora, Elektra, Black Widow, X-23 or any of their male counterparts and you get gutted. It's that simple.
    And its a lot more enjoyable to read then reading about the "good" heroes who put a irredeemable psychopath in jail for the tenth time because it may work out this time...
    If you have a problem with that than don't buy the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Sure whatever.
    Go on and call all police officers and soldiers murderers and go and protest against the US Government too since Osama Bin Laden and all the other Al Qaida members were killed instead of getting a trial.
    And write a letter to all the people of countries which did overthrow a terrible dictator and killed them because those are all terrible people and murderers.

I could continue to list more of such real life examples where nobody questions the use of killing but since this doesn't have anything to do with Angela I will leave it at that.

Mess with Angela, Gamora, Elektra, Black Widow, X-23 or any of their male counterparts and you get gutted. It's that simple.
    And its a lot more enjoyable to read then reading about the "good" heroes who put a irredeemable psychopath in jail for the tenth time because it may work out this time...
    If you have a problem with that than don't buy the book.
    Apparently you are unable to focus on the meaning of the term "professional assassin". And since you admittedly prefer a simplistic release from ethical morality in your comic book choices there's really no point in discussing this further with you. To each their own.
    Last edited by DocSpin; 11-28-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Stephanie frigging Hans. That alone would make this book worth pulling. Seriously, having her draw several pages of every issue? Marvel's clearly serious about this book. Stephanie Hans is so damned amazing. Everyone remember those gorgeous covers? Or that soul-crushing final issue? Yeah, Stephanie Hans' work is so beautiful it hurts.

Add to that Kieron Gillen, Marguerite Bennett and Phil Jimenez, and this book has absolutely no reason not to be amazing. I don't even care about Angela, and I'm psyched for this.

Stephanie Hans on interiors, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpin View Post
    Apparently you are unable to focus on the meaning of the term "professional assassin". And since you admittedly prefer a simplistic release from ethical morality in your comic book choices there's really no point in discussing this further with you. To each their own.
    Thank you.
    I really don't know what you want to accomplish with your posts.
    People already know that they kill others and they have no problem with that. Even the characters themselves acknowledge it. So...?
    Last edited by Galerion; 11-29-2014 at 02:21 AM.

so when do we get the story of Angela being sent after a "target" that turns out to be a good person?