Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so when do we get the story of Angela being sent after a "target" that turns out to be a good person?
    I'm betting sooner rather than later.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpin View Post
    Puzzled by Marvel's (or Axel's) obsession with female assassins. Black Widow, Electra, Gamora and now Angela. The books always die quick deaths, yet Marvel seems to think they are a draw. Assassins in any form are not a great message to send out to the world -- and I include the Punisher in that estimation. I think even Spider-Woman was an assassin for awhile. Do we really need more of these anti-role models?
    Well, I dunno. Black Widow actually was never really called an assassin in her own comic before this current solo (the only previous occasion was, I think, a recent arc of Kelly Sue Deconnick's Avengers Assemble), and this solo is her longest-running solo feature to date, by any count. I don't entirely agree with it, but that's the truth of the thing! There's a lot more death in comics these days anyways. I think it's part of the trend.

Elektra is actually the only book out of the ones you mentioned to be canceled (Gamora and Angela haven't even come out yet), which kind of came as a surprise anyways since previous Elektra books did pretty well and this particular book was acclaimed.

Angela has kidnapped a baby.The woman is a cold asshole

it's a little too xena warrior princess for me. complete with plucky female sidekick. but it's only a first issue, so maybe the creative team will wow audiences soon.

Quote Originally Posted by theRedHood View Post
    I thought it was A.Heinberg who wrote the acclaimed YA series's with the ridiculous J.Cheung art??
    Huh, Maybe im wrong.
    But ya reminded me, I still got find The last YA story- something about the Scarlet Witch.

Ra-Amen too that Nick. So good Journey into Mystery. An All Time Marvel Top 10!
    Dam. Hey do you know if they ever fully collected it; in like an Ultimate tpb. (format) or Omnibus ???
    JIM was excellent. I have every issue and tie-in to that story. It was one of my first ventures into the world of Asgard and man what a ride!

I thought Angela was awesome in her first issue. I have full trust in Gillen to make an incredible story and the art was awesome as well. In regards to her assassin-ness, I am fine with it. While I wouldn't like to see it in real life (I am actually quite the pacifist), I like the drama when I am reading.

I hope this comic goes on for a long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Stephanie frigging Hans. That alone would make this book worth pulling. Seriously, having her draw several pages of every issue? Marvel's clearly serious about this book. Stephanie Hans is so damned amazing. Everyone remember those gorgeous covers? Or that soul-crushing final issue? Yeah, Stephanie Hans' work is so beautiful it hurts.

Add to that Kieron Gillen, Marguerite Bennett and Phil Jimenez, and this book has absolutely no reason not to be amazing. I don't even care about Angela, and I'm psyched for this.

Stephanie Hans on interiors, guys.
    Indubitably! On the old CBR-board I once stated that I would buy any book with Hans on art duty no matter what, and thus I did. Not caring much for Angela though, but that might change over the course.