Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Superman/Wonder Woman #8 Preview?

Why they don't publish previews a week before the release like they did in the past?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The book won't be released until Wednesday so DC will probably post a preview today or tomorrow.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Poo, that double-page was too small too read the text, but it looks like stuff is going down.

BANNED

Again Diana all needy of Superman, this is garbage...

the cliche of a "villain" using sexual innuendos with a woman...oh so great Soule writing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    It looked to me like she was concerned about him and wanted to help.

the cliche of a "villain" using sexual innuendos with a woman...
    This part, I'll have to think about...I may agree with you. On the other hadn, it's a cliche because a lot of bad men do use sexual innuendos with women, and I'm not sure it's wrong to represent that in faction. And "Superdoom," as opposed to Superman proper, seems to be a very bad, creepy man; they're successful in getting that across, at least.

Amazing Member

From the last page (since I have no idea what is written in the previous one) it seems that Superman will try to rape Diana?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kochtgr View Post
    From the last page (since I have no idea what is written in the previous one) it seems that Superman will try to rape Diana?
    No, but the dialogue reads very rapey. really bad writing for female characters

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    It looked to me like she was concerned about him and wanted to help.

This part, I'll have to think about...I may agree with you. On the other hadn, it's a cliche because a lot of bad men do use sexual innuendos with women, and I'm not sure it's wrong to represent that in faction. And "Superdoom," as opposed to Superman proper, seems to be a very bad, creepy man; they're successful in getting that across, at least.
    humm? what? this a new interpretation that has nothing to do with what is on the page. "Need help buddy? I really need you, I really hope you are there"" what a strange way to offer help.

I don't need as a woman or any woman too see cliches with innuendos and rapey dialogues from bad guys. because they are so bad. It's already a rape culture, I don't need more of it specially in this case with WW.
    using rapey innuendos:

better take a break from writing
    this is my tip to male writers and female too.
    thanks from female readers
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-12-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Amazing Member

Newsrama's format is a bit better

http://www.newsarama.com/21092-super...e-feature.html

Anyways. Looks interesting. I think Diana's characterization seems fine here. And as was said Superdoom is not a nice guy so yeah he's gonna sound like an ass. And Diana meets Cat so thats neat.

BANNED

Double-page

Diana: are you here, are you hurt.

Superman: hi Diana.... Sorry the place isn't ready for visitors. Guess that's what I get for giving a girl a key. Should have known better.
    Never any privacy.... You know Diana sometimes a man needs his privacy.

Diana: Clark what are you talking about your voice sounds strange.

Superman: You are one to talk. You ever listen to yourself Diana? You have spent six years away from your people, and you still can't shake that accent. Not all the way. You are as alien as I am. Comes out when you are angry. Or when you are afraiiiiid. I can't hear that accent now

Diana: I m afraid for you, Clark let me help you.

Superman: sounds good Diana ... Getting a little lonely here. Could use some company.

Astonishing Member

humm? what? this a new interpretation that has nothing to do with what is on the page. "Need help buddy? I really need you, I really hope you are there"" what a strange way to offer help.
    On the other hand ",let me help you" sounds like a reasonably straightforward way of offering help.

Quote Originally Posted by What Iss On the Page
    I'm afraid for you, Clark let me help you.
    [quote[I don't need as a woman or any woman too see cliches with innuendos and rapey dialogues from bad guys. because they are so bad. It's already a rape culture, I don't need more of it specially in this case with WW. [/quote]

I respect what you're saying, but if some comics don't depict some men engaging in "rapey" sexual innuendo, they could be accused of whitewashing the problem of "rape culture" instead of critically addressing it.

BANNED

"let me help you" but first let me soud really needy of you haha

I respect what you're saying, but if some comics don't depict some men engaging in "rapey" sexual innuendo, they could be accused of whitewashing the problem of "rape culture" instead of critically addressing it.
    oh realism!!!! in a world with flying heroes, spandex, aliens they can do very well without the rape cliches. They are exactly whitewashing the "rape culture", much worse they are part of the rape culture. they will say that Superman was under the doomsday virus and no consequence. It's just the writer tryoing to be edgy and end up being lame

Last edited by Blacksun; 05-12-2014 at 12:06 PM.

the cliche of a "villain" using sexual innuendos with a woman...oh so great Soule writing
    Needy? she just wants to help her boyfriend i don't see anything wrong with that hell even batman loves to talk about how everyone needs superman nothing new there.

Well i gotta agree with you on some aspect of the sexual innuendo part, but alas such is comics espically when a villain that is driven by base instinct in on the loose.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    Needy? she just wants to help her boyfriend i don't see anything wrong with that hell even batman loves to talk about how everyone needs superman nothing new there.

Well i gotta agree with you on some aspect of the sexual innuendo part, but alas such is comics espically when a villain that is driven by base instinct in on the loose.
    just want to help? since when people that want to help are do desperate that say please be here, I need you.

guess I read wrong this page

I think Diana "needed" to know that Clark was ok after being infected by the Doomsday virus.