Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Didn't he just say that in the Superman/Batman Annual when Diana gives Kara her Sword and tells her that she will need to make decisions that he can't. Didn't he say the world needs it's greatest Soldier?
    For starters, I didn't read the annual. I don't get Superman/Batman.

And - ugh. Worlds greatest soldier? The horror continues. The true value of Wonder Woman becomes the person who will shed blood and take lives as the premiere master of violence so Superman can stand up as the great hope of humanity. Will we soon get panels of Diana talking about how Clark's purity and optimism inspire her to be a better person?

The flow of this conversation is a bit hard for me to follow from what you've written. Can we have a link to the page?
    Last edited by brettc1; 05-13-2014 at 02:04 PM.

I can't find the page online, but when questioning him as to why he is taking Kara instead of her with him to Warworld, the conversation goes,

"Why not me, Clark? You’re a protector…but this mission needs a warrior."

"I know, Wonder Woman. And that’s why I need you right here on Earth. If I fail…and fall…the greatest soldier among us needs to stand right here."

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

And - ugh. Worlds greatest soldier? The horror continues. The true value of Wonder Woman becomes the person who will shed blood and take lives as the premiere master of violence so Superman can stand up as the great hope of humanity. Will we soon get panels of Diana talking about how Clark's purity and optimism inspire her to be a better person?

The flow of this conversation is a bit hard for me to follow from what you've written. Can we have a link to the page?

And that doesn't at all mean that she is the premier master of violence. He's saying he doesn't trust anybody else to protect the planet in his absence, though she will probably do a better job of it if and when he fails/falls.
    Last edited by richalex; 05-13-2014 at 02:17 PM.
    Richard Alexander

Here's the page from Batman/Superman:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Following the lead of Azzarello, when his lead doesn't work with the story and is actually lagging behind in ways that no longer fit the Wonder Woman that Soule is writing, is a stupid lead to follow, especially when her trench coat is apparently so silly that its dozens of buttons mysterious pop open from one panel to another. I guess Diana is just fortunate that she didn't bump into Jimmy with her outfit and boots so easily visible. She could have really caused trouble for Clark that way.
    ... Magic?

Kind of like how her headband seems to turn into a tiara.

thank you! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Here's the page from Batman/Superman:

Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member

I can't find the page online, but when questioning him as to why he is taking Kara instead of her with him to Warworld, the conversation goes,

"Why not me, Clark? You’re a protector…but this mission needs a warrior."

"I know, Wonder Woman. And that’s why I need you right here on Earth. If I fail…and fall…the greatest soldier among us needs to stand right here."
    So what the line means is "The world needs Wonder Woman to step up if the greatest hope isn't available."

Not exactly the caveat free declaration we keep getting about Superman, is it?

And lookie - another statement about how she was trained by war himself. weird how the Amazons don't get a mention. Right, Silvanus?

And that doesn't at all mean that she is the premier master of violence. He's saying he doesn't trust anybody else to protect the planet in his absence, though she will probably do a better job of it if and when he fails/falls.
    Once she might have done it as well.

Once.
    Last edited by brettc1; 05-13-2014 at 02:26 PM.

So what the line means is "The world needs Wonder Woman to step up if the greatest hope isn't available."

If that is how you want to interpret it. That isn't how I took it. He left the best person suited for the job to stay and protect the world (Even though she does that already) He doesn't have to second guess that the world is in the best hands.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member

If that is how you want to interpret it. That isn't how I took it. He left the best person suited for the job to stay and protect the world (Even though she does that already) He doesn't have to second guess that the world is in the best hands...
    ...when he isn't around himself.

But my question was when are we going to see Superman talking about how much the world needs Wonder Woman? No qualifier, no situational context. Just "The world needs Wonder Woman."

This ain't that.

...when he isn't around himself.

But my question was when are we going to see Superman talking about how much the world needs Wonder Woman? No qualifier, no situational context. Just "The world needs Wonder Woman."

This ain't that.
    I think you're looking too into it.

You don't take all your major players off world, if you do, who is left to defend it. He didn't go to J'onn or Hal or anybody and say this to. He let his girlfriend know where he was going, and why he wanted her to stay.
    Richard Alexander

I for one am happy to see editorial demanding more of a synergy between this and Azz's work. When it comes to clothing its a small detail, but just the idea they want more references to it is a good thing overall imo.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    people in relationship have their own lives too, Diana doesn't seem to have nothing to do besides Superman (lol), think about him, talk about him.
    But she does have her own life. Thats what "Wonder Woman" is for. And Superman's barely gotten a mention over there. Of course she's going to do things that have to deal with Superman here. Thats the whole point of this book.

Diana can literally change her clothes with a swoosh of her lasso, and taking the time to do something so important as protect your boyfriend's privacy and the safety of his loved ones by protecting your own privacy is more than worthwhile
    /shrug. If Clark was ok then she wouldn't have any reason to take off the jacket. Or she doesn't think Jimmy is going to believe she's wonder woman due to a pair of boots and a tiara. Besides wasn't she in full uniform in that issue when Lois was a psychic projection? Hell Clark had a far worse situation when Kara showed up at his front door in her outfit while Lois Lane was there. And she just wrote it off as a fangirl or something.

Maybe her lasso ran out of clothes? Either that or she felt the Doomsday situation took precedent. Hard to make much judgement on that possibility though until we see the prior books in the Doomed event. But this is the same woman who walked through a wall to go after harpies. Albeit a few years wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I for one am happy to see editorial demanding more of a synergy between this and Azz's work. When it comes to clothing its a small detail, but just the idea they want more references to it is a good thing overall imo.
    Synergy with just one book should never outweigh art and characterization that makes a character look smart and responsible. Clothing is not a small detail when protecting the secret identity that protects the private lives and actual lives of lots of dear people is the potential price paid for an easily corrected mistake.

I'm happy that Soule/Daniel are trying hard to integrate Azzarelo's work to their title but 'trench coat Diana' is one crappy idea that should be restricted to WW comics.
    "If I wanted smooth,I'd be with Hal Jordan."

What's so bad about trench coat Diana? Not challenging your opinion or anything, just wondering what you don't like about it?

Astonishing Member

He calls her "the best soldier among us." That means "a better soldier than me." Does the world never need the best soldier among its superheros?

Of course, she has said he's a better flier than her. Better solider vs. better flier? I don't think it's a bad tradeoff.

And lookie - another statement about how she was trained by war himself. weird how the Amazons don't get a mention. Right, Silvanus?
    Not so weird. Just by the power of verbal repetition, "How can you go to WARworld without someone trained by the god of WAR" is a rhetorically crisper statement than "How can you go to Warworld without someone trained by the Amazons"? Next time, she can say "How can you go to WARworld without WAR herself?" That will be be even crisper!