Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRhon View Post
    /shrug. If Clark was ok then she wouldn't have any reason to take off the jacket. Or she doesn't think Jimmy is going to believe she's wonder woman due to a pair of boots and a tiara. Besides wasn't she in full uniform in that issue when Lois was a psychic projection? Hell Clark had a far worse situation when Kara showed up at his front door in her outfit while Lois Lane was there. And she just wrote it off as a fangirl or something.
    So, Wonder Woman's carelessness is okay if we just assume people like Jimmy are so stupid and blind that they don't recognize Wonder Woman because she has a coat on? I mean, for heaven's sake! At least Clark has the excuse that he changes his hair, wears glasses, etc. Diana even was skeptical in Johns' Justice League that the glasses and civvies would work as a disguise -- she's positively chuffed when it does -- that the idea she'd believe her coat would be sufficient is positively ludicrous. When Lois and Diana met, Lois already knew Clark's secret. Clark and Diana both knew that she knew, so there was nothing to be concerned about. And the situation with Kara? Was stupid and people complained, as did reviewers, that it made Lois look stupid to not recognize. Also? Clark was furious with Kara for doing that, so much so that he insulted her saying she must have been deprived of oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What's so bad about trench coat Diana? Not challenging your opinion or anything, just wondering what you don't like about it?
    When I look at it, something is off. Outside of Azzarelo-verse, Diana's been portrayed like someone who has a great ability to mingle with regular folks. In Justice League #16 and Superman #19 she was looking smart, classy and articulate yet she could switch to 'battle mode' in the blink of an eye (magic lasso).
    Choosing the 'trench coat' option now seems odd to me. It seems unnecessary and forced; a concession to Azzarelo rather than a well-thought artistic decision.
    "If I wanted smooth,I'd be with Hal Jordan."

Fair enough, I see what you mean. I kinda like how it looks. Especially how she wears her hair with the tiara basically as a hair accessory that no one can really see is the tiara in the first place. The boots are a potential problem though in regards to recognizability.

In retrospect, some boot cut jeans or other loose pants that covered up the bulk of the boots would probably be the way to go, since she's visiting Clark Kent here.

One more thing, in Azzarelo's world, Diana is basically Wonder Woman 24/7. She does nothing else, barely talk with regular people or hang out with them (the most normal thing she ever did was attending a punk-rock concert). It makes sense for her in this case to walk around with a simple trench coat; she isn't that preoccupied with keeping a secret ID.
    When she's with Clark it's very different. I think it would have been more logical to resort to a 'regular Diana Prince' outfit.
    "If I wanted smooth,I'd be with Hal Jordan."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    He calls her "the best soldier among us." That means "a better soldier than me." Does the world never need the best soldier among its superheros?

Of course, she has said he's a better flier than her. Better solider vs. better flier? I don't think it's a bad tradeoff.
    sure. The position is that sometimes the world need Wonder a woman to be the best soldier, and all the time the world needs Superman to be Superman.

Not so weird. Just by the power of verbal repetition, "How can you go to WARworld without someone trained by the god of WAR" is a rhetorically crisper statement than "How can you go to Warworld without someone trained by the Amazons"? Next time, she can say "How can you go to WARworld without WAR herself?" That will be be even crisper!
    Mmmm. Maybe one day he will go to Amazon world and they will actually get a mention?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    So, Wonder Woman's carelessness is okay if we just assume people like Jimmy are so stupid and blind that they don't recognize Wonder Woman because she has a coat on? I mean, for heaven's sake! At least Clark has the excuse that he changes his hair, wears glasses, etc. Diana even was skeptical in Johns' Justice League that the glasses and civvies would work as a disguise -- she's positively chuffed when it does -- that the idea she'd believe her coat would be sufficient is positively ludicrous. When Lois and Diana met, Lois already knew Clark's secret. Clark and Diana both knew that she knew, so there was nothing to be concerned about. And the situation with Kara? Was stupid and people complained, as did reviewers, that it made Lois look stupid to not recognize. Also? Clark was furious with Kara for doing that, so much so that he insulted her saying she must have been deprived of oxygen.
    We call this the Palpatine Principal, after the chief expounder, Emperor Palpatine.

Basically it describes how a plan can work simply by correctly depending on other parties being unassailably stupid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I for one am happy to see editorial demanding more of a synergy between this and Azz's work. When it comes to clothing its a small detail, but just the idea they want more references to it is a good thing overall imo.

That's funny, I wish it worked the other way around. If it did, I might read WW's solo title.

Hey to each their own. I for one want to see Azzarello's version carry over for the long haul.

BANNED

Superman is slowly turning into a monster and here we are discussing about Diana's disguise. Don't you guys think if jimmy was there, he would have seen a huge ugly monster in apartment?

You guys sure know how to derail a thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    Superman is slowly turning into a monster and here we are discussing about Diana's disguise. Don't you guys think if jimmy was there, he would have seen a huge ugly monster in apartment?

lol You hit that nail on it's head.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    lol You hit that nail on it's head.
    Also, jimmy has probably moved out, he was living in expensive hotel during Psi War.

That military coat Diana rocks is everything! I'd like to see her wear it more often imo.
    If only because she reminds me of Olivia Pope in it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    sure. The position is that sometimes the world need Wonder a woman to be the best soldier, and all the time the world needs Superman to be Superman.
    It's a big world. Someone in it probably needs the best soldier all the time, for defense against aggressor--and apparently someone always needs the better flier, too, I guess. But actually, where does the book say "always"? As I recall, Wonder Woman had no problem with the idea of both of them taking a day of "love leave."

Mmmm. Maybe one day he will go to Amazon world and they will actually get a mention?
    A mention in this book? She did visit her mom a few issues ago. But sure, now that the Amazons are back, it would be nice to have a Meet the Parent issue.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-13-2014 at 07:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    For starters, I didn't read the annual. I don't get Superman/Batman.

And - ugh. Worlds greatest soldier? The horror continues. The true value of Wonder Woman becomes the person who will shed blood and take lives as the premiere master of violence so Superman can stand up as the great hope of humanity. Will we soon get panels of Diana talking about how Clark's purity and optimism inspire her to be a better person?

The flow of this conversation is a bit hard for me to follow from what you've written. Can we have a link to the page?

yeah WW is the brute, and superman is the princess lol

But she does have her own life. Thats what "Wonder Woman" is for. And Superman's barely gotten a mention over there. Of course she's going to do things that have to deal with Superman here. Thats the whole point of this book.
    Clark still have a life in his books and SMWW, it's only WW that is always about him and their relationship. so the whole point of the book is having WW live for SM, they reached the point.
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-13-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    What's there to say about Superman turning into a monster? Clark is turning into a monster that would undoubtedly send Jimmy into a blind panic if he saw it. If Jimmy witnessed the scene in Clark's apartment, he'd see a poorly disguised Wonder Woman and a monster. Wonder Woman's presence would hint there's more to monster than meets the eye. Why else would Wonder Woman be in Clark's apartment unless the Clark was somehow attached to these superheroes? More importantly, the focus is on Diana because, as you can see, she has conscious control over her actions and decisions. Clark, on the other hand, is quite indisposed. It's rather difficult to suggest its Superman ruining Clark's cover when there's very little left of him inside the monster. Jimmy would see the monster, and in his fear, his attention would then be directed to the helpful superhero standing next to him.

By talking about an aspect of the preview?