Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

Clark still have a life in his books and SMWW, it's only WW that is always about him and their relationship. so the whole point of the book is having WW live for SM, they reached the point.
    And she still has her "own life" in her own title, just as Superman's doing his own thing in his titles. Your point is based on a complete fallacy. Your bias is completely out of control at this point. Your judgments have not a hint of logic nor factual merit to them.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-13-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And she still has her "own life" in her own title, just as Superman's doing his own thing in his titles. Your point is based on a complete fallacy. Your bias is completely out of control at this point. You judgments have not a hint of logic nor factual merit to them.
    Ironically, if the opposite was true and Superman was constantly worried about Diana, the same folks would complain that Diana has been 'damselled'.
    "If I wanted smooth,I'd be with Hal Jordan."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    Also, jimmy has probably moved out, he was living in expensive hotel during Psi War.
    Nope. According to Superman #28 (with no subsequent follow up indicating otherwise), he has moved back in with Clark.

Unless the Doomed one shot addresses Jimmy's living arrangements, I think it's fair to assume he shares the apartment with Clark currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoeus View Post
    Ironically, if the opposite was true and Superman was constantly worried about Diana, the same folks would complain that Diana has been 'damselled'.
    The same folks have complained already when it comes to him showing his feelings for her. He's damned if he does and damned if he does not.

BANNED

And she still has her "own life" in her own title, just as Superman's doing his own thing in his titles. Your point is based on a complete fallacy. Your bias is completely out of control at this point. Your judgments have not a hint of logic nor factual merit to them.
    that doesn't matter. outside of her own book, she only loves for Superman. that is sick.

The same folks have complained already when it comes to him showing his feelings for her. He's damned if he does and damned if he does not.
    If it wasn't used as excuse to lose a fight
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-13-2014 at 07:24 PM.

I know it doesn't matter to you. Facts never do when it comes to this title or story.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-13-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoeus View Post
    It's a double edged sword. You will never win.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    What's there to say about Superman turning into a monster? Clark is turning into a monster that would undoubtedly send Jimmy into a blind panic if he saw it. If Jimmy witnessed the scene in Clark's apartment, he'd see a poorly disguised Wonder Woman and a monster. Wonder Woman's presence would hint there's more to monster than meets the eye. Why else would Wonder Woman be in Clark's apartment unless the Clark was somehow attached to these superheroes? More importantly, the focus is on Diana because, as you can see, she has conscious control over her actions and decisions. Clark, on the other hand, is quite indisposed. It's rather difficult to suggest its Superman ruining Clark's cover when there's very little left of him inside the monster. Jimmy would see the monster, and in his fear, his attention would then be directed to the helpful superhero standing next to him.

By talking about an aspect of the preview?
    Superman still has somewhat control over his body, if he didn't, he would be rampaging through metropolis. Instead of going to fortress of solitude and locking himself up in phantom zone he choses to stay in his apartment, but you don't want to talk about it? Diana's disguise is perfectly fine, she has been pretty successful at avoiding unwanted attention with that coat. Jimmy isn't the smartest person in DC universe, if he couldn't find superman's identity, there is little to no chance he ll ever find out that Diana is Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Raiden; 05-13-2014 at 07:29 PM.

BANNED

I know it doesn't matter to you. Facts never do when it comes to this title or story.
    I'm discussing WW outside of her book. Not in her book, it's her right have a book that she can have a life that doesn't revolve all around superman. Not if people think it's ok that she is devoted outside of her book, well check out male characters privilege

You tried to paint a disparity in the relationship by saying Superman gets his own "life" in his own titles. This argument needs to ignore the fact that Wonder Woman gets the same treatment in her own title. Even moreso, as her title doesn't have to worry about any crossovers of any kind. Thus her own title was completely relevant to the point you were trying to make, despite trying to backtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    just want to help? since when people that want to help are do desperate that say please be here, I need you.

guess I read wrong this page
    I completely disagree with complaints about this page. Looks great to me. There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone showing vulnerability and humility. If anything, that to me shows strength not the other way around.

It's much more difficult and takes more strength to be humble than arrogant.

And nothing wrong at all for her to need Clark in troubled times, or to suggest the world needs him.

I find that refreshing if anything, and is more true to the character as i enjoy it.... rather than some arrogant, blowhard thinking they're a god and can do anything and everything themselves and rush in to everything.

I'd love to see more "good" characters male and Female, having this aspect to their character as i feel like it fits more with someone I would want to look up to and be like.

The recent trend that seems to remove these aspects from Female characters under this false assumption that it makes them weak has really turned me off to a number of recent adaptations of Female books. These attributes and qualities of vulnerability and humility don't need to be removed from Females, they need to be added to more males.

That's a beautiful page.
    Last edited by SXVA; 05-13-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Wonder Woman : Waaah I need you
    Superman : *rapey talk*

Extraordinary Member

You're making an issue out of nothing again, Blacksun. "I need you." Something common that lovers say to each other all the time. God forbid she be written to actually act like someone in love. And you don't have the "Well Superman isn't portrayed like this so its not balanced" argument to fall back on, as he's already flat out voiced his love.
    I made a comment about how it would be good to have Diana saying she needs Tom back when they were dating and lots of people apparently thought that was wrong.

On a meta cognitive level I see their point. Why would you need someone you survived without before, and could survive without if you lost them?

BANNED

Let's get what I say straight. I don't think is fair having WW outside of her own book (sm, ac, Jl, bat vs sup, smww) only as a devoted superman girlsfriend. I'm not ok with it. even in smww clark has a life and things to do outside of the relationship.

this issue was all Diana chasing her monster BF. pretty filler

seems like CBR forums is working now for me

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I made a comment about how it would be good to have Diana saying she needs Tom back when they were dating and lots of people apparently thought that was wrong.

On a meta cognitive level I see their point. Why would you need someone you survived without before, and could survive without if you lost them?
    yes. also they make diana needy of superman and it's impressive how she always ready to show up when superman needs her. Like she doesn't has a life?

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    Wonder Woman : Waaah I need you
    Superman : *rapey talk*

somebody would think after all that happened with Janelle we wouldn't see this creap trick in a comic. and they said it was aimed to women. oh yeah...
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-14-2014 at 08:50 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    I completely disagree with complaints about this page. Looks great to me. There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone showing vulnerability and humility. If anything, that to me shows strength not the other way around.

It's much more difficult and takes more strength to be humble than arrogant.

And nothing wrong at all for her to need Clark in troubled times, or to suggest the world needs him.

I find that refreshing if anything, and is more true to the character as i enjoy it.... rather than some arrogant, blowhard thinking they're a god and can do anything and everything themselves and rush in to everything.

I'd love to see more "good" characters male and Female, having this aspect to their character as i feel like it fits more with someone I would want to look up to and be like.

The recent trend that seems to remove these aspects from Female characters under this false assumption that it makes them weak has really turned me off to a number of recent adaptations of Female books. These attributes and qualities of vulnerability and humility don't need to be removed from Females, they need to be added to more males.

That's a beautiful page.
    she is just humble with Clark, all other times she is very agressive specially with men. just dumb characterization