Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    What's there to say about Superman turning into a monster? Clark is turning into a monster that would undoubtedly send Jimmy into a blind panic if he saw it. If Jimmy witnessed the scene in Clark's apartment, he'd see a poorly disguised Wonder Woman and a monster. Wonder Woman's presence would hint there's more to monster than meets the eye. Why else would Wonder Woman be in Clark's apartment unless the Clark was somehow attached to these superheroes? More importantly, the focus is on Diana because, as you can see, she has conscious control over her actions and decisions. Clark, on the other hand, is quite indisposed. It's rather difficult to suggest its Superman ruining Clark's cover when there's very little left of him inside the monster. Jimmy would see the monster, and in his fear, his attention would then be directed to the helpful superhero standing next to him.

By talking about an aspect of the preview?
    Nah. A monster in Clark...or ANYONE'S apartment...would easily explain Wonder Woman's presence, and not be an indicator at all of the residents involvement with the super heroes.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Nah. A monster in Clark...or ANYONE'S apartment...would easily explain Wonder Woman's presence, and not be an indicator at all of the residents involvement with the super heroes.
    First of all, I'm talking about people who didn't know there was a monster in the building seeing Wonder Woman just walk to Clark's apartment. But another red flag for outsiders would be a monster in Clark's apartment specifically. It's suspicious when not only was Clark Kent's boyhood hometown attacked, but his apartment too! It's official based on the rest of the issue where Diana (sans any disguise) is seen by dozens of people, that the citizens of the New 52 universe are the dumbest and least observant people ever. I can no longer suspend my disbelief that people can't figure out that Clark is Superman.

First of all, I'm talking about people who didn't know there was a monster in the building seeing Wonder Woman just walk to Clark's apartment. But another red flag for outsiders would be a monster in Clark's apartment specifically. It's suspicious when not only was Clark Kent's boyhood hometown attacked, but his apartment too! It's official based on the rest of the issue where Diana (sans any disguise) is seen by dozens of people, that the citizens of the New 52 universe are the dumbest and least observant people ever. I can no longer suspend my disbelief that people can't figure out that Clark is Superman.
    Hehe...that really gave me a laugh about the New Fifty Two populace: "The New Fifty Drrrrr" (though I stand by Wonder Woman's presence, even for smart people, not being a give away in and of itself, I agree that contextually it would likely add to "evidence.")

And yeah...though I feel we've always been force fed the legitimacy of the secret ID. I love it as a concept, I can see how it works on a broad scale, but seriously...like you mentioned...people would figure it out on a smaller scale, especially since Smallville is...well..small. It's not a huge leap to put 2 and 2 together.

However, if Diana Prince...even in the trench and boots...passed me on the street in Omaha, I don't think I'd know it was her...same for Clark Kent, with his glasses. I might hit on him, but I wouldn't know he was Superman.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 05-14-2014 at 10:09 AM.

You would know Clark is Superman if you worked every day with him. A passerby wouldnt recognize him, but a coworker would. But it's ok, it's comics, i can suspend my disbelief.

That said, i wish Diana didnt resort to the same trick of wearing glasses as a way to cover up her identity. Perhaps she could use some magic spell that makes her face look different to people who dont know her identity? I dont know, just find something else.

However, if Diana Prince...even in the trench and boots...passed me on the street in Omaha, I don't think I'd know it was her...same for Clark Kent, with his glasses. I might hit on him, but I wouldn't know he was Superman.
    Having seen countless personal photos and instagrams of regular folks who bumped into celebrities at drug stores and cafes and recognized them, I absolutely believe that Diana would be spotted as Wonder Woman. Maybe not everyone would, but someone could, and Diana shouldn't be taking those risks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I made a comment about how it would be good to have Diana saying she needs Tom back when they were dating and lots of people apparently thought that was wrong.

On a meta cognitive level I see their point. Why would you need someone you survived without before, and could survive without if you lost them?
    Doesn't that seem a little litealistic? I realize Mr. Spock or Sheldon Cooper probably would probably only say "I need you" if they meant "if you go away, my heart will stop." But I suspect that most people who say it mean it just a little metaphorically--more like, "I feel a deep emotional connection to you, such that I would experience a profound sense of loss if you were gone."
    Last edited by Silvanus; 05-14-2014 at 10:36 AM.

Having seen countless personal photos and instagrams of regular folks who bumped into celebrities at drug stores and cafes and recognized them, I absolutely believe that Diana would be spotted as Wonder Woman.
    I dunno...having mingled with several, who I didn't identify until later, I'd have to disagree. Coming across celebrities out of context throws a person more than we'd think it would.

I dunno...having mingled with several, who I didn't identify until later, I'd have to disagree. Coming across celebrities out of context throws a person more than we'd think it would.
    Some may not notice, but some obviously do. That anyone could -- not everyone, but anyone -- recognize Wonder Woman is a risk that is too big to take. Plus, the fact that now, after the fact, you're claiming that you identified celebrities following an experience where you didn't notice still indicates that at some point you figured out that the celebrity was around you. Soule and Daniel apparently already told people via social media that they preferred Diana be in civvies, but were overruled, so obviously the poor choice in attire is naturally going to raise eyebrows from the risky stupidity it illustrates from Wonder Woman and those she interacts with in the story itself.

Some may not notice, but some obviously do. That anyone could -- not everyone, but anyone -- recognize Wonder Woman is a risk that is too big to take. Plus, the fact that now, after the fact, you're claiming that you identified celebrities following an experience where you didn't notice still indicates that at some point you figured out that the celebrity was around you. Soule and Daniel apparently already told people via social media that they preferred Diana be in civvies, but were overruled, so obviously the poor choice in attire is naturally going to raise eyebrows from the risky stupidity it illustrates from Wonder Woman and those she interacts with in the story itself.
    Yes. Once was when I said "You know, if you were taller and had blonde hair, you'd look a lot like Christina Applegate" and she replied, in the most Christina way "Ummm. Yeah, dumbass. Because I am Christina Applegate." Other times, it was pointed out to me at the end of a party or evening, or day of skiing. So, it didn't require figuring it out. They were just people who looked like people...but all much smaller than they appear on film.

(By the way, intentional or not, you are coming off as kind of aggressive, and I'm unclear as to why.)
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 05-14-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Yes. Once was when I said "You know, if you were taller and had blonde hair, you'd look a lot like Christina Applegate" and she replied, in the most Christina way "Ummm. Yeah, dumbass. Because I am Christina Applegate." Other times, it was pointed out to me at the end of a party or evening, or day of skiing. So, it didn't require figuring it out. They were just people who looked like people...but all much smaller than they appear on film.
    Right, but as I've said before lots of other people have recognized celebrities while out and about in regular settings. So, the way I see it is Wonder Woman shouldn't be basing her decisions on the off chance that everyone will automatically not notice as you have in the past with your celebrity encounters.

(By the way, intentional or not, you are coming off as kind of aggressive, and I'm unclear as to why.)
    We're disagreeing, so maybe that reads as aggressive? I don't know, honestly. Sorry, though, and since we're probably unlikely to see eye to eye, I'm okay to leave this as is and just agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    she is just humble with Clark, all other times she is very agressive specially with men. just dumb characterization
    Perhaps because she feels safe, and comfortable, and trusting with him to be moreso.

I've always envisioned her as possessing a great humility to her character... it's one of the reasons i've liked her.

Right, but as I've said before lots of other people have recognized celebrities while out and about in regular settings. So, the way I see it is Wonder Woman shouldn't be basing her decisions on the off chance that everyone will automatically not notice as you have in the past with your celebrity encounters.

We're disagreeing, so maybe that reads as aggressive? I don't know, honestly. Sorry, though, and since we're probably unlikely to see eye to eye, I'm okay to leave this as is and just agree to disagree.
    Indeed! Hand shake.

In the future, please try to separate the discussion (spoiler) threads from the preview threads.

I divided the two this time (apologies if some ended up in the wrong thread). Regardless, spoilers should always be clearly marked, either in individual messages or the thread title.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!