Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superior Foes of Spider-Man 17

Don't Mock the Shocker.

This book will go down as one of the best overlooked gems ever.

It was an okay conclusion to a great run.

I will be curious what Shocker fans think of his turn here.

It'll be interesting to see what the legacy of the title is.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It was an okay conclusion to a great run.

I will be curious what Shocker fans think of his turn here.

It'll be interesting to see what the legacy of the title is.
    I thought it was a great ending that wrapped up everything.

Shocker-mobile had me laughing.

Oh man - from the 'Swarma Cutscene' theme on the cover, all the way through the dramatic arrival of the Shockermobile, this issue was about as perfect a closer to this
    title I could possibly imagine.

Reading this - I kept thinking how its the offbeat, really cool comic concepts like this that turn into classics. Comics that - a couple of years down the line,
    on a day when you are looking for some time to kill - you pull the whole run back out and read through it again in a couple of hours ...

And the whole time with a huge sh*itting grin on your face, because its even more overwhelmingly amusing and satisfying than it was the first time.

This was a *great* comic. Every issue. Only the good die young!

Good that Shocker's having his due .. So this is what it feels like to have '1' of your 1000 predictions coming true about Shocker taking one up on the Punisher !

The Felicia Hardy thing seemed a bit of a stretch incidentally .. wish they had at leats showed how Felicia came to the plot

Quote Originally Posted by Propheticverses View Post
    Good that Shocker's having his due .. So this is what it feels like to have '1' of your 1000 predictions coming true about Shocker taking one up on the Punisher !

The Felicia Hardy thing seemed a bit of a stretch incidentally .. wish they had at leats showed how Felicia came to the plot
    Actually, Steve Lieber says there are clues it's Black Cat. You just need to look.

And hey, my predictions come true more often than that!

It was beautiful. All the tpbs are going on my shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Actually, Steve Lieber says there are clues it's Black Cat. You just need to look.
    Yep ...I went through and did see them but it kind of came out of the blue to me ... But that's my problem I suppose

And hey, my predictions come true more often than that!
    Well . I am hoping my prediction on the Scion being 'That Mike O'Mara ' guy makes it 2 out of 1001 :P
    Last edited by Propheticverses; 11-26-2014 at 11:33 PM.

This final issue was a lot of fun. The whole run for that matter. I thought the last page panel where he claims the run was his recounting everything and making up half of it was absolutely priceless. It allows readers to rationalize giving in to their tenous enjoyment of all the cray cray that went on along the way. On the other hand while it was a worthy story device, for Marvel Zombies who demand continuity respect it does... cause pause - and offers a challenge to any writer who later refers to anyone appearing in the 17 issues to still maintain the memorable character moments we saw along the way. This issue alone had so many - and so many surprising guest stars, most definitely including Peter. As in Peter Parker?! HA! Given the title has him in the title. Things is, though, would it be Peter or Ock - since this whole run could fit in the SSM run? Other questions:

What was the reference to Cregg's Mom or The Pool of Light?
    Did we always know chameleon used a serum all these years - or intermittantly?
    Does ketchup really go with a rat dog?!
    So, does Doom have the fake or real painting now?
    What were some of the Black Cat(brilliant surprise) clues along the way?

Preview.
    SMFOES2013017-DC11-LR-6e7ee.jpg

So what was so good about this run. I now respect Spencer's work because of his other stuff, but is this like Frontline, where you learn secrets about the underworld you never knew was there?

Quote Originally Posted by The Rhino View Post
    Shocker-mobile had me laughing.
    This

It was a really fun read. Like It's Always Sunny with superpowers kinda
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

BANNED

The fake Mirage was the one tied up, but the real one takes credit for not revealing anything to the chameleon?

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

It was probably the most beautiful run i read after 2010.We need more comics like this.And Shocker in this issue was the M.V.P.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

This really was a great series; one of the best things Marvel has produced in years. Sadly there weren't enough Wolverines on the cover to get more people buying it. It's just as well, for it lasted long enough to be great til the end, but not long enough to wear out--sort of like a one or two season TV series, such as the original The Office or Spaced.

The last issue was a bit heavy with 'info dump', but I guess that is to be expected if you don't have enough issues to end the way you'd like. Still, it enables us to re-read and look for all the clues throughout the series.

Well done!
    "we're all some kind of noise. be the good kind"
    . Ms. Marvel . Saga . ASM .