Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Both can be the case in the DC universe.

The Source tweaked Kryptonian DNA specifically so that when Kal-El eventually came to earth, he could become Superman.

Because the Source, too, wants a plot and a story.
    Also, I thought that the Kryptonians genetically modified themselves as well, and that Clark was somewhat related to the Kryptonian Sun God Rao, and probably a half dozen other random retcons built in to explain their powers, of which it all being a variety of subconscious uses for TK was just one.

EDIT: Also, this is the universe where a Kryptonian scientist was able to make Doomsday "evolve" into his current state by tossing a genetically altered baby into deadly conditions over and over again.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 11-28-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ratmansaurus View Post
    Captain Planet is vulnerable to radiation, Superman has x-ray vision and heat vision which are forms of x-ray radiation and infrared radiation respectively, Superman kills Captain Planet through using any of those two, because Captain Planet is not fast enough to dodge Superman's attacks. If both have equal speed then Captain Planet could win through using telepathy because Superman is not immune to mind control.

Using radioactive eye beams to put concentrated radiation in a place that normally doesn't have concentrated radiation is contamination/pollution.
    Honestly, even though that's probably true in-universe, X-Rays (and vision in general) don't work that way. If he's seeing through things, that means that something is sending those signals towards him rather than the other way around. Or to put it another way:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    None of his powers make sense. Why would living under a yellow sun rewire your nervous system and physiology to give you some radiation emitters for heat vision?
    I thought it affected his mitochondria somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Because Business!
    "Because it's toxic to living stuff" is more like it.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    You know, while I don't recall Captain Planet ever showing the kind of strength or power to hurt Superman, I don't think Superman can hurt Captain Planet either. If it's not pollutant, then Captain Planet is invulnerable, and in fact, Superman's heat vision and super breath would actually make Captain Planet stronger.

Given Superman is strong enough to tear the planet apart, I think that might just ruin the good Captain's day.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    "Because it's toxic to living stuff" is more like it.
    Oh really?

Incredible Member

Yeah, really.

Whales and sea lions can't live through this stuff. And when you think about all the studies that have shown smog being responsible for lung cancer and autism...well, you have to see my point, right?

Mighty Member

Yeah, really.

Whales and sea lions can't live through this stuff. And when you think about all the studies that have shown smog being responsible for lung cancer and autism...well, you have to see my point, right?
    And all this time, I could have sworn it was cigarettes that was responsible for lung cancer. I saw it in commercials, it must be true.

Incredible Member

And all this time, I could have sworn it was cigarettes that was responsible for lung cancer. I saw it in commercials, it must be true.
    Yeah, well... (b/c there isn't a :rolleyes: smiley anymore)

Mighty Member

Yeah, well... (b/c there isn't a :rolleyes: smiley anymore)
    Now you're getting into the spirit of things.

The thing about Cap is that it wasn't specific about WHAT kind of radiation hurt him. It was "Oh, radiation bad."

His strengths were elements..Knocking him into the earth would recharge him. Water would recharge him. Lightning would recharge him. I recall stories in which the sun would recharge him as well.

He also took Capt Pollution through Lava without any adverse effects to him, so I dunno if HV would actually hurt him.

Seriously the only way to kill Captain Planet would probably be to knock him into radioactive waste or something like that.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    The thing about Cap is that it wasn't specific about WHAT kind of radiation hurt him. It was "Oh, radiation bad."

His strengths were elements..Knocking him into the earth would recharge him. Water would recharge him. Lightning would recharge him. I recall stories in which the sun would recharge him as well.

He also took Capt Pollution through Lava without any adverse effects to him, so I dunno if HV would actually hurt him.

Seriously the only way to kill Captain Planet would probably be to knock him into radioactive waste or something like that.
    I dunno, destroying the planet they are fighting on seems like a pretty good start, especially if it can be done by punching Captain Planet through it.