Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default All Avengers Appreciation

Earth's mightiest Heroes now have Earth's Mightiest Appreciation thread ! This Thread is now the ultimate power in the universe!

For talking about the Avengers of yesterday through today.

BANNED

my favorite era was Geoff Johns. i think it's when the Avengers started to feel more legitimate/grown-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    my favorite era was Geoff Johns. i think it's when the Avengers started to feel more legitimate/grown-up.
    Kurt Busiek, Jim Shooter, Roger Stern and Bob Harris top my list. All of them have written most if not all of my favorite Avengers stories. I enjoyed Johns as well. Hickman is working his way up on this list too.

I love all the eras with some caveats, except the Austen/Bendis/Heroes Reborn.

Stern is my all-time favorite, followed by Busiek, Harras (up untill Epting left), Thomas, Johns and Michelinie. Shooter's first run also deserves mention, of course, but his second was really kind of "meh". I'm not a fan of Englehart, but his run is undisputedly important to the team's mythos. Slott was a breath of fresh air in an otherwise long and harsh winter for the Avengers. Nowadays, Mighty has been the book for this Avengers fan.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 05-01-2014 at 07:19 AM.

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

I love THE Avengers. My favorite era is Thomas/Buscema era (so much came from that that is still being mined today); my next favorite would be the Busiek/Perez era which came closest to capturing the sense of wonder and excitement of the Thomas era. My favorite story was the Kree/Skrull War, I actually did a book report on those issues back in the day. My English teacher was fairly impressed with the level of writing (which was far, far beyond many comics in those far-gone years). To my mind Roy Thomas and John Buscema epitomize the pinnacle of Avenger greatness. Only Busiek and Perez come close, 'close' but not quite there.