Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Nightcrawler would make sense because Aaron and McGuinness built "Amazing X-Men" around Nightcrawler's return and then left the book early due to the X-Men editorial craziness of 2014.

There's a long, long tradition of writers using the Avengers to tie up loose ends for their pet characters from books they left (or books that got cancelled, like Steve Englehart with the Beast's solo series).

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Looks like the "next startling new Avenger" is one of these folks...

Attachment 72101

https://twitter.com/DoYouEvenComic/s...07645031145474
    Well, we can rule out Sam Alexander for a start - he doesn't even have his powers right now! He's also still meant to be a big player in Champions. Beta Ray Bill is ruled out as well because he's joining the Guardians of the Galaxy. Ares is probably in the OTHER Avengers book, we know Greek mythology is involved in No Road Home. So not him either. Deadpool is a definite no after how Despicable ended. Rogue is too busy with her duo book with Gambit. Doop and Howard the Duck are just silly suggestions. Black Widow is too obvious. That leaves Blade and Nightcrawler.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I didn't like either of this two Avengers story i.e No Surrender(this type of stories has been iterated before like X-Men Gold or Blue team in Mojoworld as well as the roster of the No Surrender team is mehhh) and Aaron's Avengers totally sucked ...

But this was/is will always be my favourite team forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, we can rule out Sam Alexander for a start - he doesn't even have his powers right now! He's also still meant to be a big player in Champions. Beta Ray Bill is ruled out as well because he's joining the Guardians of the Galaxy. Ares is probably in the OTHER Avengers book, we know Greek mythology is involved in No Road Home. So not him either. Deadpool is a definite no after how Despicable ended. Rogue is too busy with her duo book with Gambit. Doop and Howard the Duck are just silly suggestions. Black Widow is too obvious. That leaves Blade and Nightcrawler.
    I said as much in another thread. Sam Alexander isn't Nova right now, but he's also too integral to Champions to pull him away for a narrative irrelevant to his current situation, and Beta Ray Bill is attached to Donny Cates' Guardians of the Galaxy. So they're ruled out immediately. I doubt Deadpool, Doop or Howard the Duck are coming on board, just because I don't see how they'd gel with Aaron's writing and the direction he's taking the book. Rogue has been in space, and will soon be busy in Mojoworld. Nightcrawler is a main member of the Uncanny X-Men series starting next month. Based upon my assumptions, it's probably Ares, Blade or Black Widow. The latter is the most logical inclusion in my opinion, and the preferable one. Natasha has close ties to many of the current Avengers and hasn't properly engaged with them since her death in the Secret Empire event, and then her return in Tales of Suspence.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    But this was/is will always be my favorite team forever

Avengers World was so great. Hyperion and Spider-Woman should absolutely be Avengers again, and I'd like to see more of Manifold and Shang-Chi in other corners of the MU. Eden has made an appearance in Black Panther and Shang-Chi in Domino, but there's room for more.

I really disliked the Avengers World series and how nearly every superhero was an Avenger.
    I hope the new member is Rogue because I loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    The Avengers already have a supernatural character already in Ghost Rider so no to Blade, they already have a god in Thor so no to Hercules, no to Black Widow as she is weak and adds nothing to the team.
    I really dislike creators adding new members to the Avengers just because they can so no to Night Crawler.
    I'd love to see both the Scarlet Witch and Vision back on the team.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

I wasn't talking about the Avengers World series(although it was nice but still) , Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers were my favorite. They both showcased all the major characters like Cap , Thor and even IM to play a major part either in Infinity or in Times Runs Out or even in Last White Event .
    Subsequently all other characters like Cannonball , Hyperion , Captain Universe and Starbrand played their own part .
    Infinity truly showcased how Cap , Thor and other characters like Starbrand and Captain Universe can define their greatness in their own way ..............

Remender's Uncanny Avengers was also great . It witnessed how much a team , with two different agendas can make their way to defeat a formidable enemy like Apocalypse Twins .
    This type of roster was first of it's own kind with X-Men and Avengers merging to be a team with certain repulsive chemistry also felt around within them but i didn't like like Axis comic arc tbh
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-11-2018 at 10:17 PM.

BANNED

I still don't get why fans don't like the big three in Avengers , i really feel void without them . Although i can't deny Aaron's Avengers and Thor is totally a mess and bad

Sales figures for September show that Avengers #7 placed 17th with 65,815 copies sold, and Avengers #8 placed 21st with 58,060. Among team books, it was beaten by two issues of Justice League and Fantastic Four #2, but it beat out Justice League Odyssey, Star Wars, Justice League Dark and every X-Men book.

West Coast Avengers #2 placed 93rd and sold 24,476 copies.

Incredible Member

I still don't get why fans don't like the big three in Avengers , i really feel void without them . Although i can't deny Aaron's Avengers and Thor is totally a mess and bad

Damn, that Alex Ross painting is beautiful!

BANNED

It sure is!

BANNED

Avengers #175 Sep 1978
    The Korvac Saga: Part 8 of 10 - "The End...And the Beginning!" Guest-starring Captain Mar-Vell and Ms. Marvel!
    Whisked to a space station by the Collector, they have just witnessed their captor turned to ash by a mysterious ray!
    With the assassin not continuing the assault, the Avengers explore the strange craft and its equipment - where Iron Man is surprised to discover a time machine!
    Two-Gun wants to be returned to his time, and so after a goodbye Stark operates the time machine and sends him on his way.

Meanwhile, Vision has discovered a teleportational device, which sends them all back to Earth; if not entirely safely.

Elsewhere, Michael and Carina share an intimate moment.
    Michael's identity as Korvac is revealed, and his ascent to godhood explained.

At the mansion, the Avengers hold council though they don't get far. Suddenly Ms. Marvel drops in to join them.
    Quicksilver makes his prejudice against machine life evident and leaves in a hurry. Wonder Man shows off for Ms. Marvel.
    Iron Man discovers Gyrich had some of the database memory banks removed for 'security reasons',
    and Jarvis gives Iron Man the idea to contact the Guardians of the Galaxy!

And Michael, knowing the Avengers have contacted Starhawk, is satisfied knowing that
    Starhawk cannot perceive him and that he will therefore not have to kill the Avengers!

Plot by Jim Shooter. Script by David Michelinie. Pencils by Dave Wenzel. Inks by Pablo Marcos.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Who’s that behind Hercules,on his left side?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Could be Simon/Wonder Man in one of his old costumes. Would explain why he's next to Beast.

Amazing Member

Beast.
    If you mean on the other side, Wonder Man.

That's Simon Williams, Wonder Man, in his oldschool (first) costume.

EDIT: Oops, sorry! I didn't see that others had answered. That's what you get for not reading all the posts before answering
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff