Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

tumblr_ordcibjS5M1u9aqngo1_540.jpg

An image from Tumblr

Sales figures for June:

8. Secret Empire #4 91,621
    9. Secret Empire #5 87,685- not good for an event book
    36. Avengers #8 45,386- up from a little over 30,000 last month. People bought it because somebody other than Mike Del Mundo drew it.
    77. Secret Empire: Brave New World #1 30,858
    88. Uncanny Avengers #24 27,274
    95. Secret Empire: United #1 26,385
    106. Secret Empire: Underground #1 24,429
    126. Secret Empire: Brave New World #2 21,814
    144. Ultimates2 #8 16,801- a book on its last legs
    150. US Avengers #7 15,664- Al Ewing doesn't sell
    206. Occupy Avengers #8 10,404

Avengers had a Mary Jane variant cover with an incentive attached.

Incredible Member

I think the previous months Avengers had low sales because it was a tie into Waid's failed prequel Avengers series.

No, that was this one, not the previous issue. The Jane Thor Secret Empire issue came out in July.

To be truly healthy, Avengers needs to be selling issues in the 50,000's like Justice League is. I believe average issues of Hickman's Avengers and Remender's Uncanny Avengers sold in the 50,000's. Mark Waid's entire run on ANAD Avengers and Avengers has been one big fail. I think a re-launch is coming around the time Infinity War comes out. I think after US Avengers ends a new volume of Ultimates will start combining characters from Ultimates and US Avengers. Uncanny Avengers will continue as long as it can keep its sales above 20,000. New Avengers will return next year with an entirely new concept.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    To be truly healthy, Avengers needs to be selling issues in the 50,000's like Justice League is. I believe average issues of Hickman's Avengers and Remender's Uncanny Avengers sold in the 50,000's. Mark Waid's entire run on ANAD Avengers and Avengers has been one big fail. I think a re-launch is coming around the time Infinity War comes out. I think after US Avengers ends a new volume of Ultimates will start combining characters from Ultimates and US Avengers. Uncanny Avengers will continue as long as it can keep its sales above 20,000. New Avengers will return next year with an entirely new concept.
    I totally agree with Witchfan. Someone other the Del Mundo drew it, so sales increased. I know it was the first issue I bought in a while. I love Waid, but the art on this title has been terrible. Put a Justice League quality artist on it, and it will sell like crazy. I swear some of the art on Marvel books has been pretty sub-standard for the past couple of years. Some books that I would have picked up (Power Man and Iron Fist, Hellcat etc.) I didn't bother with because the art was so abstract and cartoony. DC has a big advantage lately in this department. I'm mostly a Marvel guy, but I'm getting kind of fed up.

Incredible Member

The art was a leaving point for me too, once they came out with that Kang issue that was a glorified art book with multiple two page spreads I could never pick it up again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    The art was a leaving point for me too, once they came out with that Kang issue that was a glorified art book with multiple two page spreads I could never pick it up again.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I had a tough time following what was going on and who was who. Not what I want when I'm paying top dollar for a comic.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/are...um-art-prints/

Have you got $450 to spend on an Avengers poster? If yes, this is for you.

1125x682_previewbanner_500503_AvengersTeamCapPrint-2-1.jpg

That's a pretty sweet poster .

Incredible Member

Funny how She-Hulk and Spiderwoman are present when they're not part of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    I totally agree with Witchfan. Someone other the Del Mundo drew it, so sales increased. I know it was the first issue I bought in a while. I love Waid, but the art on this title has been terrible. Put a Justice League quality artist on it, and it will sell like crazy. I swear some of the art on Marvel books has been pretty sub-standard for the past couple of years. Some books that I would have picked up (Power Man and Iron Fist, Hellcat etc.) I didn't bother with because the art was so abstract and cartoony. DC has a big advantage lately in this department. I'm mostly a Marvel guy, but I'm getting kind of fed up.
    I agree with you. I wouldn't want Waid to leave because I love his work in general, but the art was the turn off point for me. I don't think Del Mundo is a bad artist, just that his style doesn't fit with the comic book genre, IMO. I'd be very curious to see what Waid could do with a more suited artist, and a roster he would have picked up, compared to one that was appointed to him (or at least that's what it feels like to me).

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Funny how She-Hulk and Spiderwoman are present when they're not part of the MCU.
    It's a comic book poster, filled with comic book characters in their iconic comic book costumes. I don't see what the MCU has to do with this

It's a gorgeous piece of art, by the way! Too bad I don't have 450$ to spend

Sales figures for July:

5. Secret Empire #6 87,675
    6. Secret Empire #7 81,365
    58. Avengers #9 34,885 (The regular artist returned and sales dropped)
    66. Uncanny Avengers #25 31,648 (Up 10% as people realize that this is the best Avengers book)
    126. Ultimates2 #9 16,488 (one more issue left)
    139. US Avengers #8 14,821 (Why is this continuing if Ultimates is ending?)
    191. Occupy Avengers #9 10,092

I wonder if sales for Uncanny Avengers will surpass that of Avengers in the months ahead?