Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Most of the major MCU heroes up to Ant-Man and the Wasp have new Marvel Studios 10th anniversary posters. Pretty much everyone except Captain Marvel, whose film is out after Wasp. The only other ones missing are the TV characters, some of the Asgardians, and Quicksilver.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06...rsary-posters/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jason Aaron's Avengers got off to a good start in May, with the first issue selling 122,358 copies, and finishing fourth for the month. The second issue sold 66,646. The Avengers outsold the X-Men for the month.

How many "Essential" TPBs are available for purchase in-print now?

I started loving the Avengers with my first off the rack Avenger's comic; #115, when I was 8 years old. I bought every issue for about 10 years. I loved Cap, the BP, the Vision, and Yellow Jacket. I later grew to love the Beast as well. Wonder Man grew on me, though not a fan right off.

To me, these are the greatest years of the Avengers ever.

Fandom (wikia) recreated the cover of Avengers #1 using the MCU heroes.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Avengers #3 sold 59,572 copies in June and ranked #20 on the sales chart. It was beaten by the relaunched Justice League and X-Men Gold, but it did beat Star Wars and every other X-Men team book.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Avengers #3 sold 59,572 copies in June and ranked #20 on the sales chart. It was beaten by the relaunched Justice League and X-Men Gold, but it did beat Star Wars and every other X-Men team book.
    And so the competition between Snyder's Justice League and Aaron's Avengers begins .

I also find it kind of amusing that a wedding issue beat Avengers.

BANNED

Avengers #172 Jun 1978
    The Korvac Saga: Part 5 of 10 - "Holocaust in New York Harbor!" Guest-starring Ms. Marvel
    There's good news and bad news for the Avengers! First, the good: Ultron has been defeated!
    But the bad: teammates continue to disappear left and right, and Korvac remains unaccounted for!
    When the Avengers return to their mansion, the situation just gets worse!

A furious Peter Gyrich revokes the team's national priority status! And Tyrak is tearing up the New York harbor! What a mess!

Shell-head dispatches Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, the Vision, Scarlet Witch, and Wonder Man to stop Tyrak;
    While the other Avengers work on the bizarre disappearances! It's 100% crisis management for Earth's Mightiest Heroes!

Cameo appearances by the Black Panther, Captain America, Crystal, Jocasta, Moondragon, Quicksilver, Two-Gun Kid, Ultron, and the Collector.
    NOTES: Tyrak previously appeared in Avengers 156. This issue briefly crosses over with Marvel Team-Up 69 and 70.

Script by Jim Shooter. Art by Sal Buscema (breakdowns) and Klaus Janson (finishes).

Vision fans need to read Champions 22.

BANNED

Avengers #173 Jul 1978
    The Korvac Saga: Part 6 of 10 - "Threshold of Oblivion!"
    Avengers are vanishing one after another with no end in sight! Is someone collecting super-heroes?
    In an attempt to replenish the roster, Iron Man brings in the Black Panther, Black Widow, Hercules, and Captain Mar-Vell to help.

But to no avail as T'challa, the Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man, and Yellowjacket all disappear from the mansion next!
    So the Avengers are down to their final four...Hawkeye, Iron Man, Thor, and the Wasp.

Is that going to be enough against an elder of the universe?

Meanwhile, Michael (aka Korvac) continues his preparations for conquering the cosmos.
    Cameo appearances by Django Maximoff, Robert Frank (aka the Whizzer), Nick Fury, Charlie-27, Nikki, Starhawk, Vance Astro, the Watcher, Odin, Zeus, Mephisto, and Eternity.
    NOTES: The Collector previously appeared in Incredible Hulk 198. The letters page of Avengers 179 lists the inkers for this issue.

Plot by Jim Shooter. Script by David Michelinie. Art by Sal Buscema (breakdowns) and Diverse Hands (finishes).

November solicit

AVENGERS #10 (#700)
    JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS, DAVID MARQUEZ & ADAM KUBERT (A)
    Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVID MARQUEZ
    VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    VARIANT COVER BY ED MCGUINNESS
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VARIANT COVER BY ARTHUR ADAMS
    UNCANNY X-MEN VARIANT COVER BY ALAN DAVIS
    VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    VARIANT COVER BY GEORGE PEREZ
    THE EARTH’S MOST HATED HEROES?!
    After 700 issues of saving the world, you’d think the Avengers would be due some celebration. But instead the whole world seems to be gunning for them, especially Namor’s fearsome new Defenders of the Deep and the reimagined Russian Super-Soldiers of the Winter Guard. And that’s not to mention the shocking surprise the U.S. government has in store for our heroes. Plus: The all-new Agents of Wakanda! The mystery of the Avengers of 1,000,000 BC deepens! A key revelation concerning the resurrection of Wolverine! And the next startling new Avenger is revealed!
    64 PGS./Rated T+ …$5.99

Could that Avenger be Jean Grey? She's got two reasons to join: Namor, and Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Could that Avenger be Jean Grey? She's got two reasons to join: Namor, and Phoenix.
    Just a hunch but I don't think it's going to be Jean Grey. Then again, the fact that the Phoenix is part of the prehistoric Avengers may be a sign that she is.

They said Domino would be joining the Avengers. I think so, and hope she is accompanied by Diamondback so that she and Cap can have a reunion.

That was a fakeout - the panel previewed was actually from Dom's solo!