Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    That's Simon Williams, Wonder Man, in his oldschool (first) costume.

EDIT: Oops, sorry! I didn't see that others had answered. That's what you get for not reading all the posts before answering
    Thanks anyway for taking the time to reply and everyone else that did the same. Yes I see it now, it is Wonderman in his original costume. Lol! Can’t believe I didn’t recognise it at first since I’ve always considered that particular costume one of my favourite costume of all the ones that he’s worn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Thanks anyway for taking the time to reply and everyone else that did the same. Yes I see it now, it is Wonderman in his original costume. Lol! Can’t believe I didn’t recognise it at first since I’ve always considered that particular costume one of my favourite costume of all the ones that he’s worn.
    Simon's original costume is a favorite of mine as well. Along with the George Perez redesign from the late '90s.
    cover18.jpgcover19.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I still don't get why fans don't like the big three in Avengers , i really feel void without them . Although i can't deny Aaron's Avengers and Thor is totally a mess and bad

These are the Classic Avengers. Every Avenger on this cover was a member of the team prior to Secret Wars in 1984. I will identify them all.

Front- Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Wasp
    Second row- Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch
    Third Row- Black Knight, Black Panther, Vision, Quicksilver
    Fourth Row- Swordsman, Hellcat, Hercules, Tigra, Falcon, Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, Captain Marvel II (Spectrum)
    Fifth Row- Mantis, Jocasta, Wonder Man, Beast, She-Hulk, Hulk, Moondragon, Starfox
    Back- Giant-Man
    Last edited by Witchfan; 10-19-2018 at 07:24 PM.

How did you miss Hulk next to his cousin?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    I still don't get why fans don't like the big three in Avengers , i really feel void without them . Although i can't deny Aaron's Avengers and Thor is totally a mess and bad

To me the Avengers aren't the Avengers without the big three; Captain America, Thor and Iron Man.
    I like that the Black Panther and Captain Marvel are also on the team.
    I am warming to both She Hulk and Ghost Rider but would much rather Scarlet Witch and Vision there.
    I have a feeling that Captain Marvel may host the Phoenix Force in upcoming storylines to coincide with the upcoming Captain Marvel, Avengers 4 and X-Men Dark Phoenix movies not to mention the link to the Avengers 1,000,000 bc.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I'm really excited for No Road Home which probably will handle the characters much better and will offer a good storyline that didn't seem from a bad 90 cartoon series like Aaron's Avengers (probably the worst run of all story)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I'm really excited for No Road Home which probably will handle the characters much better and will offer a good storyline that didn't seem from a bad 90 cartoon series like Aaron's Avengers (probably the worst run of all story)
    I'm still on the fence about it. But the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards getting it. Waid has never disappointed me when he's writing about characters he actually cares for, and Zub has made a very positive impression on me both in Uncanny Avengers and No Surrender. And to read about Hercules, Vision, Hawkeye and SW all together is a big plus
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

BANNED

Avengers #176 Oct 1978
    The Korvac Saga: Part 9 of 10 - "The Destiny Hunt!" Guest-starring Captain Mar-Vell, Ms. Marvel and Starhawk.
    Iron Man recounts the last few issues to Starhawk, who agrees to help him look for the Enemy.
    Moondragon meditates and thinks she has a piece of the puzzle.
    On her way to discuss it with the others, she encounters Quicksilver arguing with Hawkeye about the propriety of Wanda and Vision's marriage,

and Moondragon peremptorily alters Quicksilver's mind to free him of this prejudice.
    Moondragon summons the Avengers mentally.

Elsewhere, Wasp and Yellowjacket are listening to the ants, who tell them about an unusual storm, which they claim was psychic in nature!
    Others also start picking up slight clues, and then all are called back to Avengers Mansion.
    Iron Man feeds the clues into a computer, and they determine the disturbances are coming from... Forest Hills?

Not able to use a Quinjet, they commandeer a bus.
    Thirty-three minutes later they arrive at the consternation of the local home-owners.
    Michael answers the door and allows the Avengers in.
    However, Starhawk fails to perceive Michael and finally demands the Avengers explain why they're playing tricks on him.
    Suddenly it dawns on everyone that Michael is not who he appears... and saddened by the necessity,

Michael declares that for their meddling the Avengers must die!

Plot by Jim Shooter. Script by David Michelinie. Pencils by Dave Wenzel. Inks by Pablo Marcos.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 10-25-2018 at 11:06 AM.

BANNED

BANNED

[QUOTE=Witchfan;3969045]Sales figures for September show that Avengers #7 placed 17th with 65,815 copies sold, and Avengers #8 placed 21st with 58,060. Among team books, it was beaten by two issues of Justice League and Fantastic Four #2, but it beat out Justice League Odyssey, Star Wars, Justice League Dark and every X-Men book.

West Coast Avengers #2 placed 93rd and sold 24,476 copies.[/QUOTE, o

October figures show that Avengers #9 sold 58,185 copies and placed #22. It still loses to Justice League but beats its spin-offsWes, outsells Star Wars and any X-Men team books.

West Coast Avengers #3 placed #126 and sold 21,616 copies. It only took three issues to fall out of the Top 100 and is barely above the cancellation level.

BANNED

Avengers #2 Nov 1963
    First appearance of the Space Phantom in "The Avengers Battle the Space Phantom!"
    Iron Man, Thor and the Hulk are awaiting Ant-Man and the Wasp in Tony Stark's library so they can begin their meeting.
    There is already tension among the ranks of this new super-team as Thor and Hulk bicker.
    Before anything can come of it, Ant-Man and the Wasp make a sudden entrance, seemingly appearing out of nowhere.
    Ant-Man, (now using the name Giant-Man) explains by showing the team his new size-changing capsules.

Elsewhere, the eerie Space Phantom arrives on Earth, under the guise of a fragment of meteorite.
    He plans to destroy the Avengers so that his race can invade the planet.
    He takes the appearance of a passerby, sending him to Limbo.

Later, the Space Phantom (under the guise of the passerby) approaches the Avengers Mansion.
    He is spotted by the team and the Hulk goes to investigate.
    The man takes the Hulk off-guard and assumes his form, sending him to Limbo in place of the man.
    The Phantom (this time under the guise of the Hulk) returns to the team and taunts Iron Man and Thor,
    causing a miniature brawl and heightening the tensions in the team before leaving.
    Outside, he spots the man he replaced earlier trying to warn everybody and decides to cause more havoc as the Hulk.
    "The Hulk" is approached by his friend Rick Jones, who convinces him to escape before the police arrive.
    Rick realises something is wrong with the way "Hulk" is acting and the Phantom reveals himself, before leaving.
    He arrives at one of Tony Stark's operations plants and, still posing as the Hulk, destroys a new experimental anti-missile defence weapon.
    Iron Man is told the news and faces off against the "Hulk".
    Iron Man proves to be too much for him however and the Phantom flees by taking the form of a passing wasp,

leaving a confused and dazed Hulk behind. Iron Man and the Hulk continue to battle.

Meanwhile, Rick Jones communicates with Giant-Man and explains the situation to the Wasp and him.
    They catch up with Iron Man and Hulk and break up the fight.
    The Phantom, still in the form of a wasp, attacks the Wasp and flees to a nearby factory.
    After aiding the Wasp, Giant-Man is taken by surprise by the Space Phantom and replaced.
    This time the Wasp and the Hulk saw it happen and know this "Giant-Man" is fake.
    They battle and Iron Man eventually catches up only to be replaced.
    Hulk catches the Space Phantom in the act yet again and the newly-returned Giant-Man teams up with the Hulk to fight the fake "Iron Man".

Across town, it is revealed that the Wasp left to search for Thor.
    She finds him with the help of Dr. Donald Blake and the duo race back to the factory to assist the rest of the team.
    The Wasp shrinks down and damages the mechanism of the Iron Man suit and Thor creates a thunderstorm, causing the armour to rust.
    In a final desperate attempt to succeed, the Space Phantom decides to take Thor's form.
    Unfortunately for the Phantom his power only works on mortal beings and it backfires, sending him to Limbo instead.

After the battle, the Hulk expresses his sadness at his recent treatment in the team and decides to quit.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Paul Reinman
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 11-12-2018 at 11:27 AM.

BANNED

Nice (Marvel) Avengers| Sacrifice vid.

BANNED

Avengers #177 Nov 1978
    The Korvac Saga: Part 10 of 10 - "The Hope...and the Slaughter!" Guest-starring Captain Mar-Vell, Ms. Marvel and the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    This is it! The earth-shattering conclusion to the Korvac Saga!
    No less than 21 super-heroes bravely attack the cosmic-powered Michael (aka Korvac)!
    However, as the ferocious battle rages, the Avengers' and Guardians' casualties mount.

Nikki, Quicksilver, and Yellowjacket are among the first to fall.
    And after Michael knocks out Black Panther and Captain Mar-Vell, the hope for victory gives way to despair.
    But an inspiring counter-attack by Captain America and Wonder Man

buys Iron Man, Starhawk, Thor and the Vision just enough time for one final push!

Will this be the Avengers' finest hour? Or perhaps their final hour? Truly an epic issue!

Script by Jim Shooter. Pencils by Dave Wenzel. Inks by Pablo Marcos and Ricardo Villamonte.

Slipcase collection announced:
    https://www.newsarama.com/42835-aven...ollection.html
    Avengers/Defenders War
    Under Siege
    Gatherers Saga
    Avengers by Lee and Kirby (first 16 issues)
    The Final Host
    Avengers Forever
    Celestial Madonna
    Korvac Saga
    Morgan Conquest
    Kree/Skrull War
    Avengers Disassembled
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman