Page 1508 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 50810081408145814981504150515061507150815091510151115121518 ... LastLast
Results 22,606 to 22,620 of 23324
    A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

This gif make me happy.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    New movie is definitely canon from what we know so far; it picks up after Super and involves the Freeza Force and the origin of Saiyans, being very large-scale according to Toriyama. His talk places a fair amount of emphasis on new Broly being strong (describes him as an "almighty" Saiyan), so you can expect that he's going to be relevant even by current standards; no mention of Beerus or the gods though, so probably safe on that point.

(Toriyama had forgotten that Broly existed and that he'd drawn the original design for him; his editor brought him up during movie planning based on his popularity. Toriyama watched the old movies again and thought he could make something new with him while keeping the core of the character intact to please his fans.)

Interesting trivia; Unless you count the F in Fukkatsu no 'F', this is the first time a Dragon Ball movie includes an antagonist's (?) name in its Japanese title.
    I hope they give him more of a personality this time around...

not that hard a bar to pass to be honest

I just hope they make his backstory less retarded(another rather low bar to set)

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    not that hard a bar to pass to be honest

I just hope they make his backstory less retarded(another rather low bar to set)
    I know they won't, but they should keep it mostly the same (with King Vegeta trying to kill him), then have his grudge be against Vegeta and not Goku. Just erase all the crap about him hating Goku because he cried a lot. That was dumb.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    I hope they give him more of a personality this time around...
    He already had one in his first movie.

It's just that apparently everyone forgot all about what actually happens in the movie in favor of internet memes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I know they won't, but they should keep it mostly the same (with King Vegeta trying to kill him), then have his grudge be against Vegeta and not Goku. Just erase all the crap about him hating Goku because he cried a lot. That was dumb.
    It also isn't in the movie.

Meeting Goku in the present day made him flashback to his early days*, which pissed him off and let him shake off the mind-control.

He proceeded to not comment on the crying at all and instead went out of his way to hurt everyone around, including ignoring Goku in favor of being a dick to random slaves, Vegeta, Piccolo and so on, and offered praises to Goku and co. for proving that they were true Saiyans by continuing to fight him.

The focus on the crying is something that came from people making memes**; it's only in the movie as what Broly remembers of the past (which is logical, as they were both babies) but is never claimed as the reason why he wants to murder Goku. Indeed, Broly just seems to generally want to beat up and hurt everyone in general, as established by Paragus' flashbacks to before he got mind-controlled.

*: Keep in mind that the same day he heard that crying also involved him getting stabbed and the planet exploding. Of course it's a memory that pisses him off.
    **: And, yes, movie 10, whose Broly legitimately is a one-dimensional rage monster shouting Kakarot who only speaks one actual sentence in the entire movie, a far cry from the much more involved and chatty sadist in movie 8.
    Last edited by Siriel; 07-09-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Yeah, first Broly didn't do grudges so much as he was just a really big *******. This is the guy that went 'You like that planet? **** that planet!' to some random slaves that hadn't done a thing to him.

It is only in the second movie he really develops that hate boner for Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post

This gif make me happy.
    It is a nice gif.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post

This gif make me happy.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I've come to the conclusion that I like Dragon Age 2's theme music better than the original's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIdI...hM2ShIfiFe93ZQ

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

gee,i wonder which manga she's talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that I like Dragon Age 2's theme music better than the original's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIdI...hM2ShIfiFe93ZQ
    I think they're both good but Inquisition blows them away
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yo5fbceJVM

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I think they're both good but Inquisition blows them away
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yo5fbceJVM
    To each their own. Inquisition's theme is very good, but I like it the least of the three Dragon Age themes.

Dragon Age Origins' theme feels like the summoning of courage and nobility amidst the darkest times, of acknowledging grave faults and flaws yet crying out that there's still something worth fighting for.

Dragon Age 2's theme tells a story of loss and greatness. It celebrates the highs of Hawke's life while aching for its lows.

Dragon Age Inquisition's theme tells of finding precious power and a meteoric rise to greatness. But it doesn't hit me emotionally quite as hard as the other two.

Of the three, Dragon Age 2 was the most forgettable for me, personally.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Dragonage 2 was the first Bioware game were EA really raised their ugly head

basically they forced a stupid rushed deadline on them while crippling their dev teams by focusing most of their assets on Mass Effect 2 which was being deved at the same time, forcing them to take short cuts everywhere(hence why there were so few maps for the game)

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Of the three, Dragon Age 2 was the most forgettable for me, personally.
    Dragon Age 2 was by far the worst of the three Dragon Age games. It had a lousy combat system, tons and tons of reused environments and drab level design. And it's difficult to care about the conflict between Templar and Mages when just about every one of them is so unlikable, and the few good ones either die ignobly or cave to the dark side.

But it had an excellent cast of companions and incredible writing in every area not dominated by decaying Mage/Templar relations. Plus, the Arishok is up there with The Illusive Man for best Bioware villains. And Hawke is the only Dragon Age MC who I want to see more of.