Page 1462 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 46296213621412145214581459146014611462146314641465146614721512 ... LastLast
Results 21,916 to 21,930 of 23324

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    But are you old?

That's a question.

And this is a(n unrelated) picture:
    Over 30...31!

Hey, that's worth two points in cribbage.
    ~ Previously known as Sound Silence

Noragami: Glad to see that the authoress has fully recovered. Man, this chapter is lit and I can't wait to see Yato finally kick his bastard of a father's ass.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Oh, I was wondering what Anima was, a setting and rules (like DnD).
    Is being familiar necessary or is it easy to pick up?
    Depends if you have Tabletop RPG experience. If so, it has a bit of a learning curve, but so long as you've done one of the older-school RPG's (before they got into this literary-cooperative style rules) you should be fine. The sheer amount of options and rules might feel a little daunting at first, is all.

If you have zero experience with such things, it's still possible. A bunch of the people in Siriel's game had zero experience and with a little help, took to the rules like fish to water.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    So, those of you who are suitably old guard around here might recall this animation I did of long time member Siriel, as I envisaged him at the time cutting a mountain up. This was made in like... 2007 or something and was done with Photoshop and Unfreez and took multiple hours to do:

Well, this evening I decided to revist the concept with a strict time limit of 45 minutes to see how my composition and workrate had improved since my dedicated drive toward doing more animation over the course of the last six months. The results are pretty good methinks:

I will go back to this one and do more cleaning on it and colour as well methinks.
    Awesome stuff, Nik. I like them both, really (and yes, I recall the first one). Interesting challenge to set for yourself.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Depends if you have Tabletop RPG experience. If so, it has a bit of a learning curve, but so long as you've done one of the older-school RPG's (before they got into this literary-cooperative style rules) you should be fine. The sheer amount of options and rules might feel a little daunting at first, is all.

If you have zero experience with such things, it's still possible. A bunch of the people in Siriel's game had zero experience and with a little help, took to the rules like fish to water.
    As a delinquent drop-out of both games, I can attest to how robust the system is and what a good and supportive community it is.

Sharp is a great teacher!

Awesome stuff, Nik. I like them both, really (and yes, I recall the first one). Interesting challenge to set for yourself.
    Thank you kindly!

As a delinquent drop-out of both games, I can attest to how robust the system is and what a good and supportive community it is.

Sharp is a great teacher!
    Appreciate it, Nik.

You certainly did a great job while you were there, both with 'getting' the rules and playing the game.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

ha the only table top RPG experience I have is D&D 3rd edition. oh some Legends never die!

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-06-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Gosu is back with a second season and is getting super serious.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

As one of the people who knew jack-all about the system before joining Siriel's game, I owe a great deal to the likes of Sharp, Beadle, and Siriel for bringing me up to speed. If you decide to join, Vak, you'll be in good hands.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

No experience with tabletop whatsoever. Still might try though, anywhere to look to learn?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Gosu is back with a second season and is getting super serious.
    has me on the edge of my seat.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    As one of the people who knew jack-all about the system before joining Siriel's game, I owe a great deal to the likes of Sharp, Beadle, and Siriel for bringing me up to speed. If you decide to join, Vak, you'll be in good hands.
    To be fair, I also knew bugger all at the time we both joined. Sharp and Siriel were amazing and I also kind of obsessively nerd-splurged at the Anima forum.

If I helped you though, cool.

Because you’ve been awesome since.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    has me on the edge of my seat.
    That whole business with the mysterious kidnapping had me extremely shook.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    No experience with tabletop whatsoever. Still might try though, anywhere to look to learn?
    Have a look at the game, some of the rules are covered in Siriel's game, but a good way is to read the base rulebook. Which isn't...easy, it's hugely thick and poorly edited (if there is one weakness with the Anima game rules, it's the editing; they're translated from Spanish, and the translators should be ashamed). I have the PDF of the rules (thankfully donated by Siriel).

Alternately, ask for help and someone can easily walk you through the character generation process (this is probably the best route). It's what we did with other people.

Beadle, Subby, Falcon, Nik...they all did fantastic at learning the rules. Other people did as well, I'm probably just forgetting names off-hand.
    Why are we here?