Page 425 of 1555 FirstFirst ... 3253754154214224234244254264274284294354755259251425 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,375 of 23324

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Did they actually say that in the show?
    It's explained in a special manga chapter.

They made literally the last wish on the Dragon Balls right before Piccolo died.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I've been beginning to wonder if Toei is trying to see how ridiculous they can make the riders before the audience just goes "No. We can't do it this year.".

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    It's explained in a special manga chapter.

They made literally the last wish on the Dragon Balls right before Piccolo died.

That.......feels wasted, a bit. Still, at least they explained it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

For five years, I have stayed away from the beloved-character-splatterfest that is Game of Thrones. Having surmised that things can only go up from here based on the bits I know of the series, coupled with HBO announcing that the next season will be the last, I have started watching Game of Thrones.

Hooo boy. This series has production values that would make Peter Jackson proud. I like how characters can be totally awesome and be making huge mistakes at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cyEM57UJks

HBO production budget at this point is better than a lot of movies

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    For five years, I have stayed away from the beloved-character-splatterfest that is Game of Thrones. Having surmised that things can only go up from here based on the bits I know of the series, coupled with HBO announcing that the next season will be the last, I have started watching Game of Thrones.

Hooo boy. This series has production values that would make Peter Jackson proud. I like how characters can be totally awesome and be making huge mistakes at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cyEM57UJks
    Oh the horrors you are in for.
    How far are you in and who are your favorite characters. I love to hear peoples first impressions of the series.
    Last edited by MorphyVSFischer; 09-04-2016 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    Oh the horrors you are in for.
    How far are you in and who are your favorite characters. I love to hear peoples first impressions of the series.
    4 episodes in so far.

Daenerys and Tyrion Lannister are fighting for the top 2 spots for me. Daenerys starts off innocent and submissive, but gradually finds it within herself to fight for power and influence. She has inherent greatness within her and some political skill through tutoring and observation, but she's very much an unpolished gem at this point. Tyrion is all sorts of awesome with his wits, observations and all around good humor, but has deep personal issues stemming from his family problems. Can't imagine how formidable a political powerhouse for good Tyrion might have been had he been born a Stark.

Syrio Forel is perhaps my favorite sword instructor in all of cinematic history. I do understand his role becomes basically non-existent after season 1 though. Hope he comes back in the final season.

Arya's my third favorite. If she were older and had any shot of playing a significant, active role in the story's central events, she'd be competing for a top slot herself. As it stands, for all her pluck and devotion to truth, justice and self-actualization, she's still a child. This evaluation may change come the final season.

I'm surprised I haven't taking a greater liking to Robb Stark as yet. Maybe this'll change when he gets more of a chance to shine.

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Can't imagine how formidable a political powerhouse for good Tyrion might have been had he been born a Stark.
    Or if Tyrion's actual dad was at all reasonable with him really, but you'll see that soon enough. God I do love Tywin Lannister though.

Syrio Forel is perhaps my favorite sword instructor in all of cinematic history. I do understand his role becomes basically non-existent after season 1 though. Hope he comes back in the final season.
    Syrio is indeed a badass and we all pray for his return. His role in the books is also expanded on in greater detail as well. (he does quite a bit of maneuvering in court politics.)

Arya's my third favorite. If she were older and had any shot of playing a significant, active role in the story's central events, she'd be competing for a top slot herself. As it stands, for all her pluck and devotion to truth, justice and self-actualization, she's still a child. This evaluation may change come the final season.
    Arya's story will take some turns that will likely surprise you I suspect.

I'm surprised I haven't taking a greater liking to Robb Stark as yet. Maybe this'll change when he gets more of a chance to shine.
    Yeah Robb starts of much in Ned's shadow as his eldest son. He basically wants to be Ned, which granted if you want someone to emulate...

Also while I recognize he's such a dick I so entertained by King Robert.
    Last edited by MorphyVSFischer; 09-04-2016 at 10:15 PM.

Robert Baratheon is a wonderful character. A happy warrior with a great appetite for life, suffering personal tragedy and leading a righteous crusade of vengeance, only to find himself totally inept in ruling what he had conquered, and in a loveless political marriage while still mourning the loss of the love of his life.

I just watched episode 5, and the scene between Robert and Cersei was so moving. Robert is not unaware of his personal failures, and regrets them, but he's become too lost and tired to change. For all his screw ups, I'd bet money that Robert would have managed to survive in the series if he'd reconciled with Cersei in that scene.

...Not that Cersei isn't a horrible, horrible person overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Try not to think about continuity and potential plot-holes so much - Toriyama certainly doesn't.
    Except he clearly does. A lot of these supposed "plotholes" are easily explained. Idk why people insist on accusing DB to be filled with plotholes. That has been explained to not be the case several times on this forum already.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Daenerys and Tyrion Lannister are fighting for the top 2 spots for me.
    Congratulations! You picked two of the only major characters who are still alive in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Except he clearly does. A lot of these supposed "plotholes" are easily explained. Idk why people insist on accusing DB to be filled with plotholes. That has been explained to not be the case several times on this forum already.
    Honestly, it was more good-natured ribbing at the fact that Toriyama quite often forgets things about the plot. Observe:

Quote Originally Posted by Toriyama Interview with Saiyan Island
    Do you write things down when you come up with those ideas and background stories?
    AT: No, I don’t, that’s why I forget a lot. If I don’t forget those ideas, then I won’t need to come up with new ideas. Do you remember Super Saiyan 3?

Yes, I remember, Goku grows his hair long.
    AT: That’s right, but actually I forgot about it and I thought that was Super Saiyan 2, even though I created those characters.
    I don't know why but I find it endearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Congratulations! You picked two of the only major characters who are still alive in the books.

Honestly, it was more good-natured ribbing at the fact that Toriyama quite often forgets things about the plot. Observe:

I don't know why but I find it endearing.
    Yeah, and he's also gone on record saying that he always rereads the entire manga to remind himself of any details he's forgotten. He may forget, but he always makes up for it so that any new material made by him for DB adheres to his established canon.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

GoT will probably finish as a tv series before the books do
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    GoT will probably finish as a tv series before the books do
    It'll probably be more enjoyable and satisfying too.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yeah, and he's also gone on record saying that he always rereads the entire manga to remind himself of any details he's forgotten. He may forget, but he always makes up for it so that any new material made by him for DB adheres to his established canon.
    Well, I didn't know about that. Sorry. I find it awesome that he is willing to constantly reread the entire series just to remind himself of the full details before continuing writing the story.

Also; the current arc of Super would mesh so damn well with Xenoverse.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral